Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Village of Sanibel (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/village-sanibel-38621/)

skyc6 05-14-2011 05:33 PM

Village of Sanibel

We have just purchased a lot in Sanibel. Any other new Sanibel folks out there? We still have a home to sell here in Illinois, but hope to be full time residents as soon as we can. We would love to connect with potential neighbors out there!:wave:

ajbrown 05-14-2011 05:44 PM

Congratulations! You are out in the frontier lands of The Villages. The buidling is really getting going in that area. It is so new I cannot even get my golf cart in there quite yet.....

skyc6 05-14-2011 05:52 PM

I know! We drove down there in March when we were there, and may not have been supposed to, but no one stopped us! We bought our lot long distance, and are looking forward to seeing it in June!

GaDawg 05-14-2011 06:39 PM

Sanibel will be home

as soon as our house sells. We bought on Baker Ln a couple of weeks ago and can hardly wait until the building begins. Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the neighborhood of The Villages! See you in Sanibel!

skyc6 05-14-2011 06:51 PM

Nice to meet you GADawg! Our lot is on Bradford Loop, and we are definitely looking to calling the Village of Sanibel home! We will be waiting a bit to start building in the hopes that our home here sells.

pzjay 05-15-2011 11:15 AM

Us too!

:wave: Just left you message, skyc6. We are also excited to see that the neighbors are starting to post. I just love being a newbie in a new Village! So many new people to meet and we're all in the same boat!
:wave::wave:

skyc6 05-15-2011 01:12 PM

Pzjay,
Thanks for the reply! It is fun to chat with future neighbors on here! I sent you the message before I figured out how to start a new thread, and I also have realized I have not put it on the right forum! I am clearly a newbie here!:o
I can see you lot on the map-you are in the cul-de-sac, and we are in the north cul-de-sac on Bradford loop. Actually, our lots are similarly shaped! We are getting anxious to get there. Good luck on your house selling; sounds like you may have a possibility. Not so here, but it will sell when it is meant to be. Patience! We look forward to meeting you when we both arrive. Are you golfers? My husband is, but I am not; at least not at this point. I am looking forward to all kinds of new activities soon!:wave:

Pturner 05-15-2011 03:35 PM

Welcome to all the soon-to-be Sanibelians! How exciting that you will be pioneers of the third town center area. I'm thrilled for all of you.

Um, AJ... We have pictures remember. :girlneener: Love to Caly.

skyc6 05-15-2011 04:44 PM

Thanks, PTurner! We are excited to start this next Villages section. Looking forward to the whole adventure.
Love your new haircut, too!

jfmajer 06-15-2011 04:51 PM

We are new to the forum. Just purchase a lot in the Village of Sanibel and will be heading down the week of July 17th to spec. out our new home. So excited.

skip0358 06-15-2011 05:12 PM

Sanibell Update

Several of the new homes that people ordered are in progress. Area is starting to look great. The country club is looking good as is the golf course.Model home center is to open later this month. Your Wilderness is blooming. Welcome to paradise.

FMF Doc 06-15-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfmajer (Post 362764)
We are new to the forum. Just purchase a lot in the Village of Sanibel and will be heading down the week of July 17th to spec. out our new home. So excited.

Welcome and good luck in your building process.

pzjay 06-15-2011 06:54 PM

Another pioneer - hooray!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfmajer (Post 362764)

Welcome to Sanibel. We're on Alee Lane and look forward to meeting everyone later this year! :wave::wave:

champion6 06-15-2011 07:43 PM

Congrats... the best is yet to come!

pjmcd 06-15-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyc6 (Post 354182)
We have just purchased a lot in Sanibel. Any other new Sanibel folks out there? We still have a home to sell here in Illinois, but hope to be full time residents as soon as we can. We would love to connect with potential neighbors out there!:wave:

We will also be building in Sanibel just as soon as another buyer comes our way. We thought we were all set but as of yesterday the deal fell through at the last minute and so we begin again. We just keep thinking of the future and all the wonderful people that will be helping to form our new "village". It will happen! Jim and Pat:wave: