Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Our 30 year old daughter... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/our-30-year-old-daughter-38647/)

mmac321 05-15-2011 01:37 PM

Our 30 year old daughter...

... will eventually be moving with us to The Villages for awhile until she can find her nitch. She's sick to death of the 8 month long winters in Chicago. (40 degrees and rainy today.) Seeing that she will be a resident but well under 55, are there activities that she cannot participate in? (i.e. clubs, health clubs, lifetime learning classes, sports activities...) Thanks.

redwitch 05-15-2011 02:16 PM

She's over 30, so no limitations. If under 30 but over 19, she couldn't use the sports or adult pools. There are several adult children living here with their parents for a myriad of reasons. I'm sure she'll find some friends and activities to her liking.

eweissenbach 05-15-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 354413)
She's over 30, so no limitations. If under 30 but over 19, she couldn't use the sports or adult pools. There are several adult children living here with their parents for a myriad of reasons. I'm sure she'll find some friends and activities to her liking.

If her name is not on the deed she will not get a resident pass, but would have to get a visitors pass, which would limit some access such as the sport pools, and free golf on the exec. courses. At least that is the information I was given.

chacam 05-15-2011 04:47 PM

She just needs to prove that she lives with you. Doesn't need to be on the deed.

Ohiogirl 05-15-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 354416)
If her name is not on the deed she will not get a resident pass, but would have to get a visitors pass, which would limit some access such as the sport pools, and free golf on the exec. courses. At least that is the information I was given.

I believe this is incorrect. As a resident, even if not on the deed, I think she can get a resident pass, but she will need to provide proof of residence (i.e., copy of driver's license with Villages address and maybe a cellphone bill in her name with the Villages address). Might need to be renewed every 3 years? Someone who has a resident adult child can answer this for sure.

redwitch 05-15-2011 05:00 PM

ohiogirl has it right, including the 3-year renewal.

downeaster 05-15-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmac321 (Post 354406)
... will eventually be moving with us to The Villages for awhile until she can find her nitch. She's sick to death of the 8 month long winters in Chicago. (40 degrees and rainy today.) Seeing that she will be a resident but well under 55, are there activities that she cannot participate in? (i.e. clubs, health clubs, lifetime learning classes, sports activities...) Thanks.

Due to the conflicting information I would advise contacting Janet Y. Tutt, District Manager
janet.tutt@districtgov.org

I have found queries to her are promptly answered.

chuckster 05-15-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohiogirl (Post 354435)
I believe this is incorrect. As a resident, even if not on the deed, I think she can get a resident pass, but she will need to provide proof of residence (i.e., copy of driver's license with Villages address and maybe a cellphone bill in her name with the Villages address). Might need to be renewed every 3 years? Someone who has a resident adult child can answer this for sure.

In addition voters registration card showing your address is helpful, as well as proof of address change (can do this online and print out the result). Also as mentioned a photo ID with address (florida license). Then eligible for resident's Id (good for 3 years) after which need to reverify proof of address every 3 years. Sounds involved but is fairly easy and the people at wedgewood lane (where you get the ID's) are very helpful. Call them if have questions. That's where Janet Tutt will refer you.

Hope this helps...........

Schaumburger 05-15-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmac321 (Post 354406)

mmmac321 -- I know what your daughter means about the 8 month long winters in Chicago. It got up to a whopping 47 degrees today in the N.W suburbs. Felt like March 15 instead of May 15. Then 5 days ago it was 90 degrees in Chicago, so go figure. Just want to wish your daughter good luck in her relocation.

KayakerNC 05-15-2011 07:44 PM

Oh to be 30 again.
Stay off my lawn, ya darn kid.:rant-rave: