Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Snakes in the House (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/snakes-house-38654/)

NebraskaRon 05-15-2011 06:28 PM

Snakes in the House

No, this is not a review of a new movie -- I wish it was! :eek:

As of yesterday we found a second snake in our home in Rio Grande -- the first was a month or so ago. They were two different kinds and fortunately neither was poisonous -- but that does not make the situation acceptable.

I checked all the back threads related to snakes and most seem to deal with snakes in the yard or garage.

If anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated: exterminators successful with snakes, repellents that work, snake-proofing the house, and, I guess, first aid for snake induced heart attacks!

No, I don't want to move back to Nebraska, but that seems better than living with snakes.

Help!

swimdawg 05-15-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NebraskaRon (Post 354470)
No, this is not a review of a new movie -- I wish it was! :eek:

As of yesterday we found a second snake in our home in Rio Grande -- the first was a month or so ago. They were two different kinds and fortunately neither was poisonous -- but that does not make the situation acceptable.

I checked all the back threads related to snakes and most seem to deal with snakes in the yard or garage.

If anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated: exterminators successful with snakes, repellents that work, snake-proofing the house, and, I guess, first aid for snake induced heart attacks!

No, I don't want to move back to Nebraska, but that seems better than living with snakes.

Help!

Snakes in the house? Ahhhh......can you hear me scream?:22yikes:
Perhaps Agnes could offer some advice?

jebartle 05-15-2011 07:23 PM

I think they are in the

SENATE also!.....sorry had to hijack, tooooo tempting!

kb8tpw 05-15-2011 07:27 PM

I wish I had an answer for you, but only wanted to add that we found a frog in our #2 bedroom last fall. He or she had died and was not hopping around. We have a huge retention pond across the street on the golf course, which only identifies probable source. His entrance is till a mystery. I could easilly understand a GEICO (sorry), but a frog?

swimdawg 05-15-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebartle (Post 354488)
SENATE also!.....sorry had to hijack, tooooo tempting!

:BigApplause:

K9-Lovers 05-15-2011 07:41 PM

Put screens over the plumbing vents on your roof. This will stop snakes and other creepy-crawlies from entering your house through the sinks, showers and toilets.

Bill-n-Brillo 05-15-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9-Lovers (Post 354494)
Put screens over the plumbing vents on your roof. This will stop snakes and other creepy-crawlies from entering your house through the sinks, showers and toilets.

Good idea! Thanks - that one never occurred to me.

Bill :)

skyguy79 05-15-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb8tpw (Post 354490)
we found a frog in our #2 bedroom last fall. frog?

But, but there's frogs all over TV... and they proudly admit it! :1rotfl:

silvertoken 05-15-2011 08:12 PM

Moth balls , flakes. although enviormentally unfriendly.

momesu 05-15-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9-Lovers (Post 354494)

EEK! You guys trying to scare me out of moving to TV??? Here I thought it was paradise, but not with snakes coming out of sinks, showers or toilets! http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/a102.gif

I can handle lots of things but NO SNAKES!

K9-Lovers 05-15-2011 09:12 PM

Well, usually only little brown anoles visit, but once in a while you see cute, wiggly little snakes and big ferocious palmetto bugs. No worries! Just screen off those roof vents.

EVERYONE wants to live in TV, even friendly garden snakes.

http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/a...9/cartoon4.jpg

NebraskaRon 05-15-2011 10:40 PM

Thanks for the suggestion of screening the roof vents -- that is a good idea. I actually did that up north to keep mice out.

Freeda 05-15-2011 11:25 PM

This is why we are so fortunate to have the lovely Waterfront Inn right here in TV. I see a snake in the house and I'll be checking in for the next few days.

They couldn't possibly get in there.

Could they?

graciegirl 05-16-2011 06:27 AM

Is this another person kidding us a bit?

swimdawg 05-16-2011 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 354545)
Is this another person kidding us a bit?

Agnes' hubby, Ron???? :)