Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Computer questions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/)
-   -   Internet Access at Paneras (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/internet-access-paneras-38731/)

LittleDog 05-18-2011 11:30 AM

Internet Access at Paneras

I thought that there was internet access at Paneras, specifically the one in LSL. I have been there on a couple of occasions and had my ipod touch with me which has an internet application. When I tried to go online it didn't show any internet addresses that I could connect to. I was on the porch. I noticed a few other people outside that had pc's running but not sure whether they were on the internet. Has anyone gotten on the internet at Paneras? And if so does it only work inside, not on the porch? I'm just curious.

John

petenj 05-18-2011 02:34 PM

Yes, I have been on the internet at LSL Panera. Use the Panera choice that is in lower case.

memason 05-18-2011 02:34 PM

John.... Iwas just there about an hour ago and connected just fine on the veranda. I was using my smartphone, so I always have to open the browser first and do a refresh. It then presents the Paneras WiFi screen, where you have to accept their terms and conditions. Once you do that, you're good to go. BTW... no matter what site your browser is on, the refresh will take you to Paneras login screen.

Hope this help.... Mike

LittleDog 05-18-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memason (Post 355292)
John.... Iwas just there about an hour ago and connected just fine on the veranda. I was using my smartphone, so I always have to open the browser first and do a refresh. It then presents the Paneras WiFi screen, where you have to accept their terms and conditions. Once you do that, you're good to go. BTW... no matter what site your browser is on, the refresh will take you to Paneras login screen.

Hope this help.... Mike

The Paneras website never came up as a choice. I went into settings for wifi but there was no choices shown. It's not critical for me to be able to browse the net but it's one of lifes little challenges. :024: Will try to refresh option.

John

Bill-n-Brillo 05-18-2011 06:54 PM

Hey Mike - You're on it now with the avatar, man! Flashbacks to the '60s.......

Bill :wave:

memason 05-18-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo (Post 355378)
Hey Mike - You're on it now with the avatar, man! Flashbacks to the '60s.......

Bill :wave:

ha ha... I don't remember much from '69 ~ '72 !!!

Peace baby!

LI SNOWBIRD 05-19-2011 06:01 AM

My,my

Quote:

Originally Posted by memason (Post 355393)
ha ha... I don't remember much from '69 ~ '72 !!!

Peace baby!

My college years were '68-'72 --what a great time (from the parts that I remember)