Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   TOTV Crispers this Friday? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/totv-crispers-friday-38739/)

LittleDog 05-18-2011 03:41 PM

TOTV Crispers this Friday?

I am assuming since this is the third Friday of the month that members will be meeting at Crispers at 3. Is this correct? Hope to be there this month.

I think there might be better turnouts if someone posted a reminder prior to the 3rd Friday.

Thanx

John

Shimpy 05-18-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrheydt (Post 355306)
I am assuming since this is the third Friday of the month that members will be meeting at Crispers at 3. Is this correct? Hope to be there this month.

I think there might be better turnouts if someone posted a reminder prior to the 3rd Friday.

Thanx

John

Thanks for the reminder, I've missed quite a few because I forgot. A reminder every month would be appreciated.

KathieI 05-18-2011 05:44 PM

Sorry ya'll, but I've been really busy lately. Usually I do put a reminder for the luncheon the week before, but like I said, its busy living here in TV...

OK, so here's the reminder::::

Come one come all
Crispers, Friday, May 20
3pm
a few new peeps will be there,
and some of us old peeps.

See ya then!!! :wave:

cookies 05-18-2011 07:32 PM

We won't be there this time, but hubby has already marked our calendar for June. We will be officially arriving the beginning of next month to graduate from being flakes to FROGS! :sing:

KathieI 05-19-2011 05:17 PM

bump!!!!

Russ_Boston 05-19-2011 06:20 PM

I'll miss by a day - have fun!

KathieI 05-19-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_Boston (Post 355660)
I'll miss by a day - have fun!

Darn!!!! You need to plan your trips around the luncheon so we can see you!!! :oops::rant-rave:

laryb 05-19-2011 08:46 PM

We've been looking forward to this for months because we've always seemed to be up north. Now that we're down full time, we're having our surround sound system installed tomorrow! at least the guy doing it was a TOTV recommendation. If he's done early enough, well be there.

oceangirl 05-20-2011 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathieI (Post 355360)
Sorry ya'll, but I've been really busy lately. Usually I do put a reminder for the luncheon the week before, but like I said, its busy living here in TV...

OK, so here's the reminder::::

Come one come all
Crispers, Friday, May 20
3pm
a few new peeps will be there,
and some of us old peeps.

See ya then!!! :wave:

We leave June 16 to become frogs. :crap2: Would love to join the group at Crispers. It would be so nice to meet old and new peeps. See you soon.

KathieI 05-20-2011 06:49 AM

And Donna is in town and I'm trying to get her to join us... Stay tuned, folks... Once you meet her, you will never forget her!!!

ladydoc 05-20-2011 10:49 AM

Hi Kathy- We will be at the July meeting! Miss you, can't wait to see you and Blondie. Take care........

KathieI 05-20-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladydoc (Post 355786)
Hi Kathy- We will be at the July meeting! Miss you, can't wait to see you and Blondie. Take care........

Miss you too, and can't wait for you to get here. Will you pleeeaseee hurry up..

Yes, Donna will be at the lunch and also will Ms. Liz Taylor, not the actress, but our own, Taylor 111947 (too many numbers for me) so it will be a fun lunch. Too bad some others didn't book their trips early enough!!!

taylor111947 05-21-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathieI (Post 355816)
Miss you too, and can't wait for you to get here. Will you pleeeaseee hurry up..

Yes, Donna will be at the lunch and also will Ms. Liz Taylor, not the actress, but our own, Taylor 111947 (too many numbers for me) so it will be a fun lunch. Too bad some others didn't book their trips early enough!!!

Enjoyed the lunch and meeting some of the TOTV people. Thanks Kathie for making me feel so welcome.

carm310 05-21-2011 03:26 PM

We will make it some day! We always miss the day you have it. We are coming down in a week.

swrinfla 05-21-2011 03:31 PM

Fun gathering yesterday!

Sorry that I had to leave early, but I'd committed to attending the awards dinner for Leesburg High School's U.S. Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFJROTC).

I'm pleased to report that there are some truly dedicated and enthusiastic young kids out there! As a now crusty old retired Army Lieutenant Colonel, I can tell you that these high schoolers are sharp, dedicated and ready to become the "creme de la creme!"

Should any of you think that the local high schools are "marginal," or in any way offer lots less than your school system "up north," I wish that you might look a little more deeply to seek out the best!

SWR
:beer3: