Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   "Bush lied, people died"; should be changed to "I'm contrite, Bush was right" (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/bush-lied-people-died--should-changed-im-contrite-bush-right-38824/)

Guest 05-21-2011 10:49 AM

"Bush lied, people died"; should be changed to "I'm contrite, Bush was right"

Not that long ago, Obama was very skeptical of President Bush's "Freedom Agenda" in the Middle East. He advocated what was referred to as a "realist agenda" that would forge new relationships with the areas tyrannical regimes.

Now, it appears, President Obama has embraced the "Bush Doctrine" or the "Freedom Agenda" as his own, only years after criticizing President Bush's Middle East policy. The "Arab Spring" has now vindicated the prescient policy pursued by the former president, who recognized that man's universal desire to is be to free, and to help encourage that desire is in America's interest.

The "Arab Spring" has forced President Obama's hand, and I give him credit for recognizing the reality, at last, of the situation. Even though former President Bush does not look for credit and recognition being the man he is, it would be statesmanlike and generous for President Obama to recognize the foresight of Bush's "Freedom Agenda".

We need to be vigilant in guiding the Arab revolts, as we can, into rejecting a radical agenda, but history has shown that free countries, where people are individually striving for a better life, are better neighbors.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/20/ob...ush-was-right/

Guest 05-21-2011 12:33 PM

The Bush Doctrine?..In what respect Charlie?

Guest 05-21-2011 02:20 PM

Obama Doctrine...throw them under the bus

Guest 05-21-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 356076)
Obama Doctrine...throw them under the bus

Not having a good day?

Xavier :wave: :wave:

Guest 05-21-2011 05:37 PM

I promised I made my first and last political post awhile ago, also about Bush...I am biting my tongue REALLY hard to keep my promise....

Guest 05-22-2011 08:34 AM

Yes, Bush lied. Yes, 4,500 died (Americans).

Where were the weapons of mass destruction that Bush and Cheney said were in Iraq just waiting to be used? They didn't exist.

Bush also stated that Saddam was part of the conspiracy of the attack on 9/11. He lied again.

Bush and Cheney should both be tried as war criminals at The World Court.

Go to the swimming pool today. It is supposed to get hot in The Villages. Play trivia at Colony Rec Center tonight.

Guest 05-22-2011 09:13 AM

Saddam had more than enough time to get rid of the WMD's. Give it a rest.

Guest 05-22-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 356281)
Saddam had more than enough time to get rid of the WMD's. Give it a rest.

(Tee Hee)

Guest 05-22-2011 09:57 AM

Technically, Bush NEVER said Saddam was behind 9/11. Look it up. The closest he is ALLEGED to have said during a meeting was "how can we pin this on Saddam". Other Administration officials, however, certainly ran with letting the public THINK that. At time, it was around 50% who thought that Saddam was behind the bombings.

Guest 05-22-2011 10:47 AM

Yes, Bush did say that Saddam was part of the 9/11 conspiracy. You had to be present at those meetings to believe what was reported. You weren't.

Guest 05-22-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 356272)
Yes, Bush lied. Yes, 4,500 died (Americans).

Where were the weapons of mass destruction that Bush and Cheney said were in Iraq just waiting to be used? They didn't exist.

Bush also stated that Saddam was part of the conspiracy of the attack on 9/11. He lied again.

Bush and Cheney should both be tried as war criminals at The World Court.

Go to the swimming pool today. It is supposed to get hot in The Villages. Play trivia at Colony Rec Center tonight.

So blindly in allegiance with your hero and determined to defend him that you ignore the big picture issue of discussion, and try the well practiced tactic of diverting from the subject of this thread to attack a president retired these past 3 years. Or, maybe I just give you too much credit and you really just cannot see the forest for the trees.

Guest 05-22-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 356345)
Yes, Bush did say that Saddam was part of the 9/11 conspiracy. You had to be present at those meetings to believe what was reported. You weren't.

Were you at "those meetings?"

C

Guest 05-22-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 356349)
So blindly in allegiance with your hero and determined to defend him that you ignore the big picture issue of discussion, and try the well practiced tactic of diverting from the subject of this thread to attack a president retired these past 3 years. Or, maybe I just give you too much credit and you really just cannot see the forest for the trees.

I have no blind allegiance with any hero other than my 3 nephews who serve in the military. Bush lied and put them in harms way for idealogical reasons.... Clearly, in the case of Iraq, NOT in defense of this country.

He lied and American troops died... My nephew holds the purple heart.

And this statement does not come from any liberal talking points....

Guest 05-22-2011 12:00 PM

Cologal is right as usual.

CMANN, those meetings never took place.

Richie, I am not defending anyone. Just stating facts about your hero and his henchman.

Guest 05-22-2011 12:34 PM

OK, I am loosening my real tight tongue bite to say I agree with all of the above responses. Back to death grip.