Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Be cool this summer & help me move to TV! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/cool-summer-help-me-move-tv-38825/)

Joyce T 05-21-2011 10:59 AM

Be cool this summer & help me move to TV!

1 Attachment(s)
I can't wait to move to TV but first I must sell a wonderful riverfront cabin in the cool North Carolina Mountains. It is only a 2 hour drive from Atlanta, Asheville & Chatanooga & less than 5 miles from the famous John C. Campbell Folk School. The cabin is has 2 bedrooms & 1 bath & contains everything needed for vacation or part time living. It would make a great weekly rental which could more than pay the ownership costs. I have my eye on a TV property & have reduced the cabin price to $164,950 (over $60,000 less than my investment) in the hopes of selling quickly. Anyone looking for a summer get-away? (I am a licensed realtor.)

memason 05-21-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyce T (Post 356037)
I can't wait to move to TV but first I must sell a wonderful riverfront cabin in the cool North Carolina Mountains. It is only a 2 hour drive from Atlanta, Asheville & Chatanooga & less than 5 miles from the famous John C. Campbell Folk School. The cabin is has 2 bedrooms & 1 bath & contains everything needed for vacation or part time living. It would make a great weekly rental which could more than pay the ownership costs. I have my eye on a TV property & have reduced the cabin price to $164,950 (over $60,000 less than my investment) in the hopes of selling quickly. Anyone looking for a summer get-away? (I am a licensed realtor.)

If it would be such a great weekend rental that would pay the ownership expenses, why are you selling it ??? Seems to me, if it were that good, you'd be keeping it for yourself.

Just curious ????

Joyce T 05-21-2011 11:27 AM

Reply to memason

Good question. I need to sell in order to have the money to buy in TV. I own a house that I live in here in the mountains, a lake access lot here that I bought as an investment (oops & then the real estate market went down), & I did part owner finance on my previous home sale. So - too much real property & not enough in liquid assets. Bet that's TMI!

Midge538 05-21-2011 11:39 AM

How far is from the ocean in either NC or SC and also the city of Wilmington, NC?

Joyce T 05-21-2011 11:56 AM

Reply to Midge 538

It's a long way from the coast! I moved to the mountains from Southport, NC just South of Wilmington & I know the drive well. It used to take me 8 1/2 to 9 hours. We have a beautiful lake here as well as rivers & streams but there's nothing like the ocean.

handyman 05-22-2011 06:52 PM

Sounds great ,could I come down for a test drive?