Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Music (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-music-337/)
-   -   American Idol - Who's it gonna be ?? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-music-337/american-idol-whos-gonna-38935/)

memason 05-25-2011 06:39 AM

American Idol - Who's it gonna be ??

Who do you think will win tonight ??

LELANDJANE 05-25-2011 06:50 AM

I like Scotty and Lauren, but I felt that the show did all they could last night to support Lauren to win. Calling the dr out to explain her vocal problems was no fair, IMHO.

Freeda 05-25-2011 08:27 AM

I think it will be Lauren, but I'll be happy either way. By the last few weeks it just becomes great entertainment to watch all of the talent.

DaleMN 05-25-2011 08:38 AM

It appears American Idol wants Lauren to win. Trying to gain sympathy vote with the voice deal and doctor coming on. The judges seemed particularly biased, especially Tyler.
But my vote went to Scotty.

Freeda 05-25-2011 08:46 AM

Yes, if anything, the judges' obvious (and, I think, inappropriate), and even verbalized, bias toward Lauren could backfire in causing people who may have been on the fence to vote for Scotty.

2BNTV 05-25-2011 08:58 AM

My guess is Lauren as the song about her mom will put her over the top with the voters but I have been wrong before. :)

jaspal 05-25-2011 09:05 AM

I too like both. From 10 contestants down were ALL good. I agree that they tried to sway the voters to Lauren with their comments (this was wrong)......

I'd be happy with either but I'm feeling that Lauren will win.

k2at 05-25-2011 09:26 AM

Like the rest of u, I believe the winner is going to be a coin toss as it is so close. One thing u can bet on though is that both of these youngsters are going to be very rich oldsters when they grow up.

jblum315 05-25-2011 10:05 AM

Does anybody really care?

RichieLion 05-25-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jblum315 (Post 357199)
Does anybody really care?

Evidently; haven't you been reading these posts?

It's going to be Scotty who wins. I don't believe it's as close as it looks. The judges and the show did not do Lauren any favors with their fawning because people don't liked to be manipulated.

Scotty is the new 17 year old "it" kid, and the teener and tweener girls are going to vote him in by a wide margin. (Or, I could be totally mistaken; but I don't think so)

skyguy79 05-25-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaleMN (Post 357175)
It appears American Idol wants Lauren to win. Trying to gain sympathy vote with the voice deal and doctor coming on. The judges seemed particularly biased, especially Tyler.

I agree with you and to add to it Lauren's song selection as well as her going to her mother and hugging while performing pretty much makes it look like there was a plan for gaining sympathy votes to boost the Lauren's count.

I have watched Idol since season 1 and have never once voted... until last night, and it was because of the quest to gain sympathy votes for Lauren that drove me to do so for the first time!

Having said that, I do have to say that both Lauren and Scotty are...

"IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!"

VillagesFlorida 05-25-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaleMN (Post 357175)

I think we were being set up by the judges for an upset tonight.......make us think it's going to be Lauren when, in fact, it will be Scotty. I have seen this done before.....just a way to add more drama to the show. I also suspect that the judges play a much larger role as to who goes home every week, and I think that THEY will choose the next American Idol, not the American public. They are both great kids but I get bored with Scotty's singing...he has great stage presence, etc. but he seems one dimensional to me. I would have a hard time listening to a 2-hour Scotty concert. I never am bored listening to Lauren. It really won't matter to me who wins since they are both so talented. I think we'll see them both in Nashville very soon!

2BNTV 05-25-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieLion (Post 357200)

It's going to be Scotty who wins. I don't believe it's as close as it looks. people don't liked to be manipulated.

Scotty is the new 17 year old "it" kid, and the teener and tweener girls are going to vote him in by a wide margin. (Or, I could be totally mistaken; but I don't think so)

Richie Lion:

After I read your post, I tend to agree with you. Tween girls vote for the cute guy.

It will be interesting.

marybb 05-25-2011 01:15 PM

I think it's going to be Scotty, but wish it was James.

memason 05-25-2011 03:35 PM

I think Lauren will win it. You're all right, that the tweens will decide, but tween girls will vote for girls too; not just the guys. My reasoning is that Scotty is strictly country, whereas Lauren can sing country, but also be a crossover pop star...like a Faith Hill or Shania Twain..even another Carrie Underwood...albeit in time.

I don't really buy the sympathy theory. If I remember, they shot James kissing his girlfriend, Scotty high-fiving with his Dad and Haley had her father playing guitar on her last appearance.

This season of Idol has been much more contestant friendly, with Simon gone. Even Ryan Seacreat has loosened up and joking around more, with the contestants. Steve Tyler has been a Lauren fan, since day one. Jennifer has been an "everybody" fan and who knows about Randy....

I pick Lauren, but I'm in the minority on this poll....

We'll know in a few hours...