Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Breakfast at Katie Belle's (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/breakfast-katie-belles-38965/)

mikeandnancy1112 05-26-2011 10:04 AM

Breakfast at Katie Belle's

Katie Belle's has a new breakfast menu for out on the patio Monday thru Friday from 7:30 until 11:00. The prices are awesome! Check it out! We did today.

chuckinca 05-26-2011 02:52 PM

That's our pickleball time.

Pturner 05-26-2011 02:59 PM

Thanks Mike and Nancy. We'll check it out.

Shimpy 05-26-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeandnancy1112;357***
Katie Belle's has a new breakfast menu for out on the patio Monday thru Friday from 7:30 until 11:00. The prices are awesome! Check it out! We did today.

We will give it a try, but early as it gets too hot later in the morning. We are regulars at Katie Belle's every Friday A.M. for the indoor breakfast. It's our favorite.

aln 06-02-2011 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckinca (Post 357484)
That's our pickleball time.

With .88 cent bloody mary's & screwdrivers, you can get VERY pickled during that time!

Dick K 06-21-2011 01:30 PM

Don't ask for egg whites

We've been enjoying KBs breakfast buffet, often both Fri. & Sat. for a year. However, after returning from a six week trip, we found the new Fri. breakfast, but to our dismay, They REFUSED to make an egg white omelet, forcing us to seek an alternative restuarant for breakfast.

texasfal 06-21-2011 01:46 PM

They also did away with the roast beef and ham carving. Also they don't make the omelets in front of you like they used to. It's a shame.

Bogie Shooter 06-21-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasfal (Post 364346)
They also did away with the roast beef and ham carving. Also they don't make the omelets in front of you like they used to. It's a shame.

They probably could raise prices and give you the view of your omelet being made.
Don't understand why its a shame?

JohnM 06-21-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasfal (Post 364346)
Also they don't make the omelets in front of you like they used to. It's a shame.

FWIW ... I prefer the new system of filling out a slip and they bring you your omelet ... no waiting in line ... just MY $0.02

red tail 06-21-2011 04:10 PM

:agree:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 364367)
They probably could raise prices and give you the view of your omelet being made.

mrfixit 06-21-2011 10:46 PM

B'fast with Katie

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 364367)

OR simply RAISE PRICES TO properly WASH THE SILVERWARE,etc. Today I got my lazy hiney out of bed BEFORE 10 am. Went to Katie Belles for Patio B'fast. WOW.. nice people..nice atmosphere. Our Breakfasts arrive. Two of us have silverware with caked on debris from ??......ask for new silver... now I get a knife with butter already on it.( WTH???). Notice my paper coaster has coffee drips on it. (but no one is drinking coffee at this table). Move the coaster out and notice handwriting on back of coaster. OH WELL.. Take a drink of my Bloody Mary....ALAS... the glass has a big crack in it..AND.. now my "cleanest dirty shirt" has red tomato stain down the front. Made Executive decision to call all of the above to the attention of the nice lady who said she was management. She TOOK AWAY the second set of SILVER and the broken DRINK glass (with my drink in it)... NEVER SAW HER AGAIN .. figured I really did not need a Bloody Mary for B'fast...AND could simply walk my chubby butt on over and get a fork from the "host" stand. NUFF SAID. .....NOW>>> Can SOMEONE please call the "WAAMBULANCE" for me !!! ( Yes we all left a nice tip.. NOT the fault of the nice waitress.)

getdul981 06-22-2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfixit (Post 364515)
OR simply RAISE PRICES TO properly WASH THE SILVERWARE,etc. Today I got my lazy hiney out of bed BEFORE 10 am. Went to Katie Belles for Patio B'fast. WOW.. nice people..nice atmosphere. Our Breakfasts arrive. Two of us have silverware with caked on debris from ??......ask for new silver... now I get a knife with butter already on it.( WTH???). Notice my paper coaster has coffee drips on it. (but no one is drinking coffee at this table). Move the coaster out and notice handwriting on back of coaster. OH WELL.. Take a drink of my Bloody Mary....ALAS... the glass has a big crack in it..AND.. now my "cleanest dirty shirt" has red tomato stain down the front. Made Executive decision to call all of the above to the attention of the nice lady who said she was management. She TOOK AWAY the second set of SILVER and the broken DRINK glass (with my drink in it)... NEVER SAW HER AGAIN .. figured I really did not need a Bloody Mary for B'fast...AND could simply walk my chubby butt on over and get a fork from the "host" stand. NUFF SAID. .....NOW>>> Can SOMEONE please call the "WAAMBULANCE" for me !!! ( Yes we all left a nice tip.. NOT the fault of the nice waitress.)

Sounds like MrFixit met MsFixit.

Dick K 06-22-2011 10:49 AM

no problen filling out the slip. We've been donig that. Just upset that they refused to make an egg white omelet. Maybe the staff is just adjusting to the NEW breakfast menu.

BigEast 06-22-2011 11:50 AM

Katie Belles-Sunday Brunch?

I'm coming down for my first trip in Aug. Does KBs have a Sunday Brunch? Does Cane Garden or Havana have brunches on Sunday and how do they compare to KBs?

Larry

logdog 07-08-2011 01:15 PM

We went to Katie Bell this morning for the Friday $4.99 buffet. Guess what - THEY DISCONTINUED IT. It was one of my favorite places to go to for breakfast. Now they only have it on Saturdays (one of my golf days). Sunday is still $6.99 for the buffet. I'm going to miss those biscuits and gravy.