Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Kirkland's (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/kirklands-39006/)

bxmt54 05-27-2011 10:15 PM

Kirkland's

I got an e-mail today saying that the Kirkland's in Spanish Springs is having a sale because they are moving. Does anyone know where they are moving to? I'm in IL now so I can't go to the store and ask. It's one of my favorite stores when I'm there so I'm hoping they aren't going too far!

robertj1954 05-28-2011 05:59 AM

We were there two days ago. They are moving from their present location but nothing about where they are going. My wife loves them so when she finds out I will pass it on.

graciegirl 05-28-2011 09:15 AM

Tony I wish we had a decorating thread. I do wish that.

Ah yes Kirklands, and Tuesday Morning, and Bed, Bath and Beyond, and Pier One, and Ikea in Orlando and Kohls and Beals Outlet and Dockside in Leesburg.

All of them are my favorite haunts when I am looking for decorating accessories...which I think I will be doing soon, since we have a contract on our Hadley house and have the one in Cincy on the market.

Kirklands I love for mirrors and some pictures and some tables and I like Pier one for tables and trunks and unusual stuff.

Please tell us where Kirklands is going and please if you don't know tell us what style you are going for in your new villages home. I LOVE to hear stuff like that.

I have decided that since I already did my first home in TV as beachy and cottagy, that when I bring down my traditional furniture I will go for a European style home on the coast of the Riviera. (You have to use what you have...right?)

Here comes Tony the topicop. I am going to have the whistle blown for getting off topic.:doh:

bxmt54 05-28-2011 10:07 AM

I hope it's to a bigger store and not too far away. Sometimes it gets a little crowded in there so more space would be a good thing. Please let me know when someone finds out what's happening!

JenAjd 05-28-2011 11:48 AM

HOPE they're just moving and NOT leaving!!! Had one near us "up north" and it closed...which made me very sad. We need an affordable home accessories store in this area and it always seems very busy when we're in there!!!

bxmt54 05-28-2011 12:47 PM

I totally agree with the moving and not closing part. There used to be several in the STL area and now we're down to one (at least I think it's still there).

JoInTV 05-28-2011 03:40 PM

Just came back from Kirkland's. The clerk I spoke with said that they are moving next to the Kohl's on 27/441 in Lady Lake. That should give them a lot more space. Sure am glad that they are not moving out of the area! :a040:

bxmt54 05-28-2011 06:12 PM

Woo hoo....good news! Thanks for finding out for all of us with "inquiring minds"!

bogeybabe 05-28-2011 07:54 PM

NO longer golf cart accessible....Still I think it will be a plus to have a bigger store! I am glad they are staying in the area....

ladylake1 05-29-2011 07:01 AM

Sorry they are leaving Spanish Springs. I thought they were a good fit for that area. At least they are not leaving totally but will not be a regular stop for me as I don't frequent the Kohl's area much.

villages07 05-29-2011 07:05 AM

Glad they are staying in the area. But....another empty storefront in Spanish Springs. I am amazed that the primo restaurant location on the corner (last occupied by Bourbon St) has been sitting empty for a good year and a half.

robertj1954 05-29-2011 07:18 AM

I am not the shopper in our household but after witnessing many major purchases by my wife at Kirklands, I cannot imagine how anyone like her could go there on their golf cart. :$:

I was guessing they would follow the market trend and find a location near 466A where all the building takes place. Shows you what I know about retail marketing. :confused:

salpal 05-29-2011 10:06 AM

Love Kirkland's also, and I hope in the new location, they tone down the perfume or whatever the scent is that knocks me over when I walk in the door. As much as I'd like to browse more, I end up leaving the store after a few minutes due to overwhelming odor.