Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Allow me to introduce myself (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/allow-me-introduce-myself-39016/)

PylutDood 05-28-2011 12:28 PM

Allow me to introduce myself

Hello, I'am Dave and I'am a newbie to the forum.

Hoping to be a Villager soon, within the next 24 months or so. Wife and I will be making a few day trips and a Preview trip as well but from what I'am seeing on websites and reading in this forum our mind is pretty much made up.

I have to admit, we're also looking at properties in the Spruce Creek airport community but they are growing "pale" by comparison to TV !

Thank you for allowing me to say hello and hope to meet many of you someday soon.

Dave
Currently, Jacksonville, Florida
(but not for long)

ajbrown 05-28-2011 12:44 PM

Welcome to TOTV

What a great first post! I am sure you will enjoy the site :welcome:!!

PylutDood 05-28-2011 02:18 PM

Thank You AjBrown

You are my first contact on this forum! You are very special.

As a old Ham Radio operator my very first contact was special to me and I remember it to this day many years later.

I'am retired Fed Civil Service DOD but the wife is still working. Work to her is more a "Social Event". I'am just happy to be out of the "rat race"...and trust me, throughout the years I've met up with plenty of "rats" !

The wife and I were late "Bloomers". We have a Beautiful Daughter that will graduate High School Next Spring. I made her a "deal". If she attends a 4 year college locally, We'll give her our house to live in.

Then it's "TV here we come" !!!

Thanks for the first contact and hope to meet you soon.

Dave

Talk Host 05-28-2011 02:24 PM

k4oko

k2at 05-28-2011 02:40 PM

k2at is my call.

PylutDood 05-28-2011 02:47 PM

Amazing Mr. "Host"...

I'am also PADI OW certified ! (Your Avitar)

2M...146.700 Repeater JAX (Leesburg 147.600 on occasion)

HF...CW only.

73's
Dave
N4ZUU

Shimpy 05-28-2011 02:59 PM

"Allow me to introduce myself"

Consider yourself introduced and welcomed as well.

Barefoot 05-28-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PylutDood (Post 357895)
Hello, I'am Dave and I'am a newbie to the forum.

Hoping to be a Villager soon, within the next 24 months or so. Wife and I will be making a few day trips and a Preview trip as well but from what I'am seeing on websites and reading in this forum our mind is pretty much made up.

I have to admit, we're also looking at properties in the Spruce Creek airport community but they are growing "pale" by comparison to TV !

Thank you for allowing me to say hello and hope to meet many of you someday soon.

Dave Currently, Jacksonville, Florida

Welcome Dave! :welcome: I know you'll enjoy participating in TOTV. We're here to answer any questions you have.

And there is noting wrong with looking at properties in Spruce Creek. TOTV is Paradise for many, but other love Del Webb or Spruce Creek.

Good luck with your journey!

Talk Host 05-28-2011 03:29 PM

SSI Advanced open water, Nitrox, navigation, limited visibility and night, deep water. Headed to Boca Raton Monday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PylutDood (Post 357922)
I'am also PADI OW certified ! (Your Avitar)

2M...146.700 Repeater JAX (Leesburg 147.600 on occasion)

HF...CW only.

73's
Dave
N4ZUU

ladydoc 05-28-2011 05:44 PM

Hi Dave-Let me add our welcome to the others. We bought a house in Buttonwood in Feb. and will down there next month. We were pretty sure we wanted to live there and surprised ourselves by buying a house in two days. Best advice I can give you: 1) you can learn a tremendous amount by reading these posts. These folks are the best..if you ask a question, someone will answer it. Many someones. I found my new oncologist through a TOTV person and hubby has made contacts with shooters. He is an NRA certified firearms instructor. He does cowboy action and IDPA. 2) bring a checkbook with you when you come. Hubby said wasn't necessary, but I brought it anyway> LOL Good luck getting down here!

champion6 05-28-2011 05:51 PM

Hi, Dave. Come on in, make yourself at home and stay a while. :wave:

pooh 05-28-2011 05:53 PM

Welcome to TOTV, Dave! It's an interesting site with lots of information for new Villagers as well as those who've been around for a few years. Come on down, it's not a long drive. At least for you, you're used to Florida summers, ... :) Many of us had to adjust...lol.

JohnN 05-28-2011 07:06 PM

hey Dave, welcome. glad to have you and wifey, and you'll love it here!

Bill-n-Brillo 05-28-2011 07:40 PM

Hey Dave - - - welcome to TOTV! Come on down to TV and look around - you're only a few hours away.

"BR549" here....... :1rotfl:

Bill :wave:

graciegirl 05-28-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo (Post 357989)
Hey Dave - - - welcome to TOTV! Come on down to TV and look around - you're only a few hours away.

"BR549" here....... :1rotfl:

Bill :wave:

Identity theft. Identity theft. That is my number, Bill!:wave::1rotfl: