Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Hello Everyone: (Very First Post) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/hello-everyone-very-first-post-39044/)

Cobalt 05-29-2011 11:23 AM

Hello Everyone: (Very First Post)

Hello Everyone:

I am Larry and my wife is Andrea. Married 30 years, living in the Hoosier state, avid cruisers, and as of now, we are tentatively planning on retiring to TV somewhere in the 2 to 6 year range, depending on exactly when I retire from Federal Service.

I don't think I need any selling on how great the lifestyle is as I am already sold on that aspect. I am probably going to be eavesdropping on and initiating conversations that deal with the cash flow issues of living in Florida and TV specifically.

Anyway, no questions yet, hello again to everyone, and I (we) look forward to following this board and getting to know as many of you as possible.

Larry

skyguy79 05-29-2011 11:47 AM

Welcome to TOTV Cobalt. Besides posting question you might want to incorporate doing some Google searches of TOTV. To do so just type "talkofthevillages/" followed by a key word.

For example: talkofthevillages/pools

Try it, you'll like it! :pepper2:

2newyorkers 05-29-2011 11:59 AM

Welcome to TOTV. You will find lots of information on TV just by doing search.:wave:

bkcunningham1 05-29-2011 12:01 PM

Welcome to Talk of the Villages. This forum is a great way to get information about life in and around TV. It is also much, much more. It is a wealth of intellect, fun, Q&A, wonderful people, lively debates and a cornucopia of great and interesting people with diverse personalities.

If you haven't had an opportunity to do the Lifestyle Preview visit; you really should.

Again, welcome. Pull up a chair and sit a while. Happy Memorial Day. B.K.

graciegirl 05-29-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 (Post 358128)
Welcome to Talk of the Villages. This forum is a great way to get information about life in and around TV. It is also much, much more. It is a wealth of intellect, fun, Q&A, wonderful people, lively debates and a cornucopia of great and interesting people with diverse personalities.

If you haven't had an opportunity to do the Lifestyle Preview visit; you really should.

Again, welcome. Pull up a chair and sit a while. Happy Memorial Day. B.K.

Welcome. I agree with BKCunningham, almost all of the time. She is farther right than me, but rarely wrong.

ssmith 05-29-2011 04:02 PM

Welcome

Hi to you Cobalt. We are in Fort Wayne Indiana and still Wannabe's. I think you will find many Hoosiers in The Villages. After the winter we just had and now this crazy wet spring....you can understand why so many people have moved down.

Do listen to BK Cunningham and Gracie....visit and ask as much as you want...sometimes there is a lot of opinion share...but mostly it is a friendly place on TOTV. hahaha

GatorFan 05-29-2011 04:25 PM

Plan your next vacation in The Villages.

swrinfla 05-29-2011 04:35 PM

Cobalt:

Welcome to TOTV! It's always great to have newcomers, both here and in TV as well.

As avid cruisers, you will surely be happy to know that you seldom have to fly anywhere to board a cruise, unless you're doing Alaska, the Mediterranean, the Mexican Riviera or whatever.

Thought that might make you want to join us even sooner! :wave:

SWR
:beer3:

Schaumburger 05-29-2011 04:38 PM

Another welcome.

Cobalt.

Another welcome from a TV wannabee. :wave:

PylutDood 05-29-2011 05:30 PM

WELCOME Larry and Andrea...

...make yourself's at home !

I'am a newbie forum member also and soon to be a TV'r as well.

I see ya'll are cruisers...well, sorry to say Florida is limited in cruise ports. Less'ee, there's Jacksonville, Port Canaveral. Ft. Lauderdale, Miami and Tampa...but thats all. (heheheheeeee).

We're avid cruisers as well but...we're done with the 3 day "Booze Cruises".

Hope to see 'ya on board and at TV as well.

Welcome !!!

Dave
Jacksonville, Florida for now...but not for long !

dgammon6 05-29-2011 05:37 PM

From one Hoosier to another, don't wait too long. Welcome to the site. Wife and I are from Indianapolis.

jadlos 05-29-2011 06:59 PM

Hi Cobalt,

My husband and I are both Federal retirees from Maryland and we're on our way to our new home in TV in 3 weeks . . . . after spending the last 20 years in Pinehurst, NC. Can't wait! Look forward to meeting you someday. We fell in love with TV on our very first visit . . . . in the first 24 hours!

Cobalt 05-29-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssmith (Post 358176)
Hi to you Cobalt. We are in Fort Wayne Indiana and still Wannabe's. I think you will find many Hoosiers in The Villages. After the winter we just had and now this crazy wet spring....you can understand why so many people have moved down.....

Yes I certainly do. This Indiana weather is nauseating. We love hot and humid so Florida will probably be perfect for us. We plan on taking a 10 day Villages introduction next May.

Glad to meet you neighbor!

Cobalt 05-29-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swrinfla (Post 358180)
As avid cruisers, you will surely be happy to know that you seldom have to fly anywhere to board a cruise, unless you're doing Alaska, the Mediterranean, the Mexican Riviera or whatever.....

You bet that does. That was a big part of the Florida attraction for us. Hot, humid, and close to the cruise ports.

We've done 12 cruises in the past 5 years and would have probably done more if we didn't have to fly and spend the night before the cruise in a hotel.

Cobalt 05-29-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jadlos (Post 358210)
Hi Cobalt,

My husband and I are both Federal retirees from Maryland and we're on our way to our new home in TV in 3 weeks . . . . after spending the last 20 years in Pinehurst, NC. Can't wait! Look forward to meeting you someday. We fell in love with TV on our very first visit . . . . in the first 24 hours!

Wow.

Everyone is so darn friendly here. But you know what, I think the type of people that are attracted to a place like the villages are by nature very social and very friendly.

Just by the responses so far, I'm leaning more toward moving there in two years as opposed to six years. <G>