Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Computer questions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/)
-   -   Disposal of Computer Monitor (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/disposal-computer-monitor-39057/)

RayB 05-29-2011 06:27 PM

Disposal of Computer Monitor

I want to get rid of a old, very heavy CRT computer monitor. How do I dispose of this thing?

zcaveman 05-29-2011 07:14 PM

I would stick it out on my normal garbage day and see if they pick it up. They took mine.

Ohio RailGirl 05-29-2011 07:20 PM

Also, Best Buy has a recycling program. You can take your old electronics there. They have the program requirements on their website.

KayakerNC 05-29-2011 07:21 PM

If it still works, you could go through Freecycle dot org.

RayB 05-31-2011 06:56 AM

Your advice zcaveman. I put the monitor out on garbage pickup day and they took it.

Indy-Guy 05-31-2011 07:27 AM

To dispose of it properly.

Lady Lake has a transfer station located South of the intersection of 466 and Rolling Acres Rd. From the intersection on 466 and Rolling Acres road go South on Rolling Acres Rd past the driving range about a mile or so and it is on the left or East side of the road. You will see signs both on 466 and on Rolling Acres a green recycle sign.

They are open every Tuesday and Saturday and you do not have to live in Lady Lake to deposit there and there is no cost. I have taken an old computer screen, paint and oil there.

LittleDog 05-31-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy-Guy (Post 358512)
To dispose of it properly.

Lady Lake has a transfer station located South of the intersection of 466 and Rolling Acres Rd. From the intersection on 466 and Rolling Acres road go South on Rolling Acres Rd past the driving range about a mile or so and it is on the left or East side of the road. You will see signs both on 466 and on Rolling Acres a green recycle sign.

They are open every Tuesday and Saturday and you do not have to live in Lady Lake to deposit there and there is no cost. I have taken an old computer screen, paint and oil there.

I was told that you had to live in Lake county. I have a friend who told me that a couple of weeks ago a friend of his was stopped. However, that being said I have been there 5 or 6 times and have never been refused admittance.

John

swrinfla 06-01-2011 01:55 PM

The Villages Computer Club will take almost anything, even ancient heavy units.

Used to have a contact at my fingertips, but no longer. Check out the Recreation News tomorrow; chances are there'll be contact number there.

They rework them stuff and then I think donate to some worthy folks.

SWR
:beer3:

JohnN 06-02-2011 06:03 PM

best buy charges $10 but gives a $10 giftcard, then they recycle
it's really better than the trash.

Taj44 06-02-2011 06:24 PM

I had one that I put on craigslist as a free giveaway. Had 2 or 3 persons interested in it.