Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Did you ever use a (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/did-you-ever-use-39112/)

Talk Host 05-31-2011 07:27 PM

Did you ever use a

Church key?

GaDawg 05-31-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talk Host (Post 358680)
Church key?

Oh yeah. Have one hanging at my workbench in the garage!

pooh 05-31-2011 07:53 PM

I'm too young to even know what that term means....:1rotfl::1rotfl:

FMF Doc 05-31-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Church key?

Or a John Wayne? Otherwise known as a P-38?

nkrifats 05-31-2011 08:23 PM

Have used both. In my younger years I never traveled without a church key.

Indy-Guy 05-31-2011 08:35 PM

Yes for the Church Key.

One small hole at the top and two side by side at the delivery end would work great. The top one for air flow and the two together at the bottom for greater flow for speed tipping.

Bill-n-Brillo 05-31-2011 08:47 PM

If you were really good, you didn't need a 'church key' for opening bottles: Just hold bottle in one hand with the underside of the edge of the bottle cap on the top edge of a table (or whatever) then whack the bottle downwards with the heel of your other hand. Pop goes the bottle cap! Doesn't work for opening cans - you'll need the pointy end of the 'church key' for that!!!

Bill :)

nkrifats 05-31-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo (Post 358712)
If you were really good, you didn't need a 'church key' for opening bottles: Just hold bottle in one hand with the underside of the edge of the bottle cap on the top edge of a table (or whatever) then whack the bottle downwards with the heel of your other hand. Pop goes the bottle cap! Doesn't work for opening cans - you'll need the pointy end of the 'church key' for that!!!

Bill you have the Talent! I had to depend on the church key.

FMF Doc 05-31-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Some claimed to know someone or themselves use their teeth to do that. I never saw it done myself.

Bill-n-Brillo 05-31-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMF Doc (Post 358715)
Some claimed to know someone or themselves use their teeth to do that. I never saw it done myself.

OUCH!!! :doh:

Bill

Bill-n-Brillo 05-31-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrifats (Post 358714)
Bill you have the Talent! I had to depend on the church key.

I've broken/chipped a longneck or two waaaaay in the past....... :swear:

Bill :wave:

bluedog103 05-31-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Church key?

Yep, I still have a church key in the glove box of each vehicle and a P-38 on my key ring. I know why I have a church key but don't really know why I still carry a P-38. I guess I still worry about having to open C-Rations.

skyguy79 05-31-2011 10:29 PM

Nope, no need! Never owned a church, never will! http://azedtechnologies.bravehost.com/key-icon-rb.gif

getdul981 06-01-2011 06:59 AM

Quote:

I've actually done this on the corner of the bumper of a car. Of course that was when cars actually had bumpers.

And yes to the church key and the P-38. Used to carry a P-38 for years after I got out of the service.

2BNTV 06-01-2011 08:22 AM

Yes. Some people would wear one around their neck and thought it was proper attire at a picnic so they wouldn't have to search for one. :)

No twist off bottle tops and cans that had a tab to open, back in those days.

I tried to pop off the top a few tmes but not successful all the time. Desparate times call for desparate measures.