Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Remington Kitchens (Cabinet Refacing) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/remington-kitchens-cabinet-refacing-39159/)

John_W 06-02-2011 03:45 PM

Remington Kitchens (Cabinet Refacing)

We bought a CYV but since there was only 5 to choose from and none of them had white cabinets, which was our first choice, we took the villa with the biggest discount. It has light maple cabinets which is our least favorite and from past experience will probably yellow over time. Considering they are brand new I figured the easiest and cheapest route was cabinet refacing.

I found a company across from Leesburg Airport called Remington Kitchens that specializes in refacing, has anyone had any dealings with this company? Has anyone had their cabinets refaced with a different company?

http://www.remingtonkitchens.com/

bkcunningham1 06-02-2011 04:11 PM

I am in shock that I saw your post to be honest. We just signed a contract with them today (Thursday June 2) for refacing kitchen cabinets, kitchen counters and redoing the bathroom cabinets and counters in two of our homes. They are building two counter height bars for us as well. I got their number from my neighbor who had them reface her kitchen cabinets, and install new kitchen counters.

I live on a cul-de-sac and two other neighbors have used them. I've seen all of the work the company did in my neighbors' homes and it is really, really beautiful. Carol was our sales associate and she is really amazing. She's been with the company for 9 years. Her number is 728.4441.

(PS, I'll forgive you for being a Ravens' fan. Go Big Blue!)

John_W 06-02-2011 04:18 PM

BK - Thanks for the info. I just came across their website when doing a Google search but couldn't find any references when I searched TOTV. They seem like the perfect company for what I need, are you using them for granite or someone like Duncan Stone?

P.S. - people in Baltimore hate the Redskins, does that help?

bkcunningham1 06-02-2011 04:26 PM

We aren't going with granite. We own two homes on the historic side and, to be honest, the cost of granite isn't worth it compared to the value of the homes and potential resell values. It is going to look good though. I'm really excited.

ronsroni 11-05-2012 01:32 AM

Great work BUT follow up and promised deadlines were neither honored or taken care of.
I am calling them AGAIN for the poor underside of my 7K unit. this quality is... YA GOTTA BE "SH**ING ME".

I will try and post pics. Sales (KIM) was great. follow up with Doug and Jeff was beyond reproach. sad.

Jim 9922 11-05-2012 09:57 AM

Try Al's Custom Wood finishing. 352-753-7529.
His work is impeccable. A small family run shop, does all within, no subcontractors. Once started he stays on the job until completed. Does one job at a time, so no jumping around between customers once the installation phase begins.. He's in demand and is usually scheduled out 2 to 3 months in advance, but he is worth the wait.. Viewed 6 of his jobs (2 in progress and upon completion) and never a bad word. Two of the people have used him for multiple jobs over a 5-7 year period. You deal with the boss all of the time. Has very good suggestions when he comes out to view a prospective project. Two of our snowbird neighbors used him for major projects , gave him the keys for the Summer and walked in to beautiful new kitchens and baths in the Fall. no problems, and all work completed as promised in perfect order.
When doing a refaceing/paint/stain job he removes all the doors and drawers, takes them all back to his shop to be refinished along with the veneer under controlled and matching conditions. So, final installation take only a couple of days without a lot of paint smell and mess.
He also does a great job of building custom or add on cabinets and making major modifications to the existing cabinets.
His prices are very reasonable for the high quality and work done.