Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   what do you wish someone would have told you (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/what-do-you-wish-someone-would-have-told-you-39179/)

NJSonja 06-03-2011 06:02 AM

what do you wish someone would have told you

before you bought a house in TV?

sonja

Xavier 06-03-2011 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njsonja (Post 359315)
before you bought a house in TV?

sonja

Here is a thread that was started some time ago that may give you some idea.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...loves+villages

Welcome to TOTV.

Xavier

Tbugs 06-03-2011 08:38 AM

I am sure some people may respond to your post by saying they would have liked to know the very Republican leaning of the population of The Villages and that Democrats are few and far between.

However, even though I am fairly liberal, I have no problem whatsoever. Politics comes up in conversation, people express their opinion, and still remain good friends. Just do it in a friendly way, do not get too passionate or argumentative and no one cares one way or another.

The Villages is a great place with great people.

Avista 06-03-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbugs (Post 359347)
I am sure some people may respond to your post by saying they would have liked to know the very Republican leaning of the population of The Villages and that Democrats are few and far between.

However, even though I am fairly liberal, I have no problem whatsoever. Politics comes up in conversation, people express their opinion, and still remain good friends. Just do it in a friendly way, do not get too passionate or argumentative and no one cares one way or another.

The Villages is a great place with great people.

Agree!

rjm1cc 06-03-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier (Post 359329)

Welcome to TOTV.

Xavier

I think what would be helpful to the non TV people is more information on how you reached your decision to buy in TV. That is how this community compared to other retirement communities you looked at.

Talk Host 06-03-2011 12:03 PM

It's amazing how some people are sooooooo consumed by politics. Every question has a political answer. It would be a sad day for me to make a decision on where to live based on how many Democrats and how many Republicans live there.

I have a dear friend that I've know for 45 years. He is my daughters Godfather, we've vacationed together, we've traveled abroad together, we visit each others homes regularly. I have absolutely no idea whether he's a Republican or a Democrat and I don't care.

Pturner 06-03-2011 02:14 PM

I wish someone would have told us to move here sooner!

JohnN 06-03-2011 02:17 PM

don't be hasty and buy in one or two days, take a month and talk to lots of folks.

2BNTV 06-03-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pturner (Post 359459)

:agree::agree::agree: I wished I have moved too.

rubicon 06-03-2011 02:38 PM

I wish someone would have advised that I rent here for one year before deciding to buy.

missypie 06-03-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 359469)
I wish someone would have advised that I rent here for one year before deciding to buy.

Can you please elaborate? Thank you!

diskman 06-03-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier (Post 359329)

Welcome to TOTV.

Xavier

That is the best link you could have given to answer his question!:agree::BigApplause::beer3:

rubicon 06-03-2011 03:28 PM

missypie, we are all different and we all have different points of view as to this thing called "quality of life". The Villages sells its "Lifestyle" You pay a premium for that lifestyle. The long and short of it is that I was never really drawn in by the so called "Lifestyle" My first choice was the Charelston area and had I rented here first would likely relocaed to Charleston. However I won't move in this market because I can never recapture what I expended to move here and living on a fixed income will create tapping into saivings I wish not to disturb at this time. I also am not enarmored with the government model

You may love it here.

Cobalt 06-03-2011 03:41 PM

Rubicon:

So true as to the point that we all have different points of view on "quality" of life.

There are those that would call it heaven to live on a fresh water lake filled with walleye, bass, bluegill and crappie, and have a pontoon and fish every day. Others would be in paradise in the mountains getting all excited a about the next snowfall to improve the skiing conditions. We are all created differently...and that is all good.

I've never stayed at the villages, only took the quick tour and read about it on the internet. But my wife and I are avid cruisers. We love the warm weather, dancing to oldies music, line dancing, talking with people. I would love to get back into softball, play golf, and she loves crafts and sitting by the pool. For us, that sounds like what the Villages offer.

Gosh I hope it happens, sooner rather than later.

mrfixit 06-03-2011 03:45 PM

villages

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pturner (Post 359459)

ME TOO !!!!!!!!!......................................... Tried Longboat Key....then the Vero Beach area.......Then a cousin ( who lives in The Villages ), invited us up for a few days......NUFF SAID....IMHO there is no place that compares to TV . Maybe not for everyone....but sure fits what we were seeking.