Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   Latest Poll: Romney ahead of Obama among registered voters. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/latest-poll-romney-ahead-obama-among-registered-voters-39288/)

Guest 06-07-2011 05:20 PM

Latest Poll: Romney ahead of Obama among registered voters.

In an ABC-Washington Post news poll, Gov. Mitt Romney has pulled ahead of President Obama by a margin of 49% to 46% among registered voters.

By a margin of 2 to 1, most people feel the country is headed in the wrong direction.

6 out of 10 give the President negative marks on the economy and the deficit.

It's way too early yet for this to mean anything solid in terms of the 2012 elections, but it's interesting none the less.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...iKH_print.html

Guest 06-07-2011 05:41 PM

Here's my prediction. No matter who runs against him, Obama is going to loose big.

Guest 06-07-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 360584)
Here's my prediction. No matter who runs against him, Obama is going to loose big.

Here's my prediction.....Obama may lose but he will not loose big. :doh:

Guest 06-07-2011 07:03 PM

Romney won't even

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 360578)
In an ABC-Washington Post news poll, Gov. Mitt Romney has pulled ahead of President Obama by a margin of 49% to 46% among registered voters.

By a margin of 2 to 1, most people feel the country is headed in the wrong direction.

6 out of 10 give the President negative marks on the economy and the deficit.

It's way too early yet for this to mean anything solid in terms of the 2012 elections, but it's interesting none the less.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...iKH_print.html

be nominated. He's way too moderate for Republican primary voters. They'd much rather go with a Perry or Gingrich, neither of whom have a realistic chance of winning a general election.

Guest 06-07-2011 07:21 PM

Okay, time for my prediction.

I am predicting that the Republican Presidential candidate will be Pawlenty of Minnesota and the VP candidate will be Perry of Texas. It is not a lunatic fringe slate and actually would have a more than decent chance of winning.

I am also predicting that Palin will announce after the Iowa caucuses that she will not be a candidate.

Guest 06-07-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 360622)
Okay, time for my prediction.

I am predicting that the Republican Presidential candidate will be Pawlenty of Minnesota and the VP candidate will be Perry of Texas. It is not a lunatic fringe slate and actually would have a more than decent chance of winning.

I am also predicting that Palin will announce after the Iowa caucuses that she will not be a candidate.

I like your ballot, but I would reverse the candidates to Perry for President and Pawlenty as vice. It would even be better if it were either one in the President's slot and Marco Rubio was the v.p. candidate.

I agree Palin won't run, but is just solidifying her position as Tea Party king-maker.

Guest 06-07-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 360618)
Romney won't even be nominated. He's way too moderate for Republican primary voters. They'd much rather go with a Perry or Gingrich, neither of whom have a realistic chance of winning a general election.

You've hit the nail on the head in your view that the GOP base won't be enthralled with a Romney candidacy in the primaries. He's kind of a "McCain light", and God knows we've had our fill of that.

But, if he were to gain the nomination, and with all the animosity and outrage over what Obama has done to our once great nation, he will win in a landslide of Reagan proportions.

Perry would win as well. The country is (I know you don't want to hear this, and don't want to believe this) is primarily conservative.

(Disclaimer: I still don't know what the inevitable "October Surprise" will be, and that could disrupt things)

Guest 06-08-2011 07:06 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 360656)

Perry would win as well. The country is (I know you don't want to hear this, and don't want to believe this) is primarily conservative.

(Disclaimer: I still don't know what the inevitable "October Surprise" will be, and that could disrupt things)

The country is primarily in the middle, perhaps leaning towards conservatism, but not far right as many of the current Republican candidates seem to be running just to get the nomination. Wing nuts and Tea Partiers do not represent mainstream thought in the USA. Ok...go ahead and call in "lamestream". :wave:

Guest 06-08-2011 09:02 AM

Rubio would not appeal to most Republicans and the chances of a GOP victory would be lessened a great deal. This was shown in 2008 when Palin was put on the ticket.

Guest 06-08-2011 09:20 AM

Romney will never be supported by tea party people. He is a big government flip flopper.. romney care.. even this week he came out in favor of "global warming". He has flip flopped on almost every big issue..
Several other Repub candidates have the same problem... Pawlenty on cap and trade.. Gingrich on Paul Ryan budget...etc; Cain supports the goofy "fair tax".. a total nightmare where EVERYONE gets a "pretax" check from the government.. with so many problems it would take an encyclopedia to say it all... anything they have to call "fair" you can bet is subject to interpretation, and sadly.. manipulation... the gov should not be sending checks to anyone.
I think Michelle Bachmann, Palin, and Ron Paul right now have the only chance of capturing the tea party support.. Tea partiers will not vote for a Rino.. and that is probably what the Repub establishment will AGAIN force down the throat of their party.
and VERY VERY UNFORTUNATELY.. without that support, the Repubs will lose to President Obama...

Guest 06-08-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 360722)
Rubio would not appeal to most Republicans and the chances of a GOP victory would be lessened a great deal. This was shown in 2008 when Palin was put on the ticket.

He won't accept the nomination, but Rubio wouldn't be a drag on the ticket and he would energize the campaign with his charisma and smarts. He would be accepted in a VP role, and an asset in my opinion. Rubio is not Palin; meaning he's not the preferred target of the leftists, a conservative white woman.

Guest 06-08-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 360729)
Romney will never be supported by tea party people. He is a big government flip flopper.. romney care.. even this week he came out in favor of "global warming". He has flip flopped on almost every big issue..
Several other Repub candidates have the same problem... Pawlenty on cap and trade.. Gingrich on Paul Ryan budget...etc; Cain supports the goofy "fair tax".. a total nightmare where EVERYONE gets a "pretax" check from the government.. with so many problems it would take an encyclopedia to say it all... anything they have to call "fair" you can bet is subject to interpretation, and sadly.. manipulation... the gov should not be sending checks to anyone.
I think Michelle Bachmann, Palin, and Ron Paul right now have the only chance of capturing the tea party support.. Tea partiers will not vote for a Rino.. and that is probably what the Repub establishment will AGAIN force down the throat of their party.
and VERY VERY UNFORTUNATELY.. without that support, the Repubs will lose to President Obama...

I agree with your sentiments, but not your conclusions. Are you saying that if Romney were to get the nomination that you, and tea party patriots, would not vote for the Republican candidate and instead be an absent voter, who would be in effect, casting a vote for Obama?

I don't think so. This isn't 2008 and that's not going to happen this time. Nothing is settled yet; this poll is only the beginning of the rolling tide. I, personally do not want Romney at the head of the ticket either, and it's early yet. We'll see how it shakes out in the coming months.

If you look through this article, you would think the ratio would be way more pronounced in the GOP direction, in light of the overwhelming dissatisfaction with the Obama Presidency evident in the poll's findings. I think as the time ticks away, and the economy keeps collapsing; and if the unemployment rate doesn't drastically improve; and our international position keeps weakening under the stewardship of this ineffectual President; the polls are going to keep shifting no matter how the "lamestream" media tries to poll questions in a way not to embarrass "The One".

Stay tuned.

Guest 06-13-2011 03:55 PM

SS snd Medicare

Are you ready to give them up?

Guest 06-13-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 362184)
Are you ready to give them up?

I'm in my 60's and retired, so I'm not affected by any of the plans being discussed really.

Something has to change Tony in the future. You can't believe it can go on the way it has, do you?

Guest 06-13-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 362228)
I'm in my 60's and retired, so I'm not affected by any of the plans being discussed really.

Something has to change Tony in the future. You can't believe it can go on the way it has, do you?

Repubs are always complaining that we are leaving it to our grandchildren to pay for our deficit, yet seem more than willing to deprive them of their retirement benefits of Social Security and Medicare. Sure, as long as you are in your 60's and not affected it's a fine plan. :doh: