Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   War Number 4; Obama's on a roll. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/war-number-4-obamas-roll-39322/)

Guest 06-08-2011 08:46 PM

War Number 4; Obama's on a roll.

The Obama Administration is intensifying efforts in Yemen with fighter jets and unmanned drones flying strikes at suspected militants.

Is Code Pink going to protest this new war initiative of the Obama Administration? Is Cindy Sheehan and her group going to camp outside of the White House? Where are all the anti-war protesters so evident, and in your face, during the Bush Administration?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/09/wo...l.html?_r=1&hp

Guest 06-09-2011 06:28 AM

<sarcasm>
Don't you understand? It's the SAME war - the Global War On Terror!
</sarcasm>

This is what I didn't like about the initiative when they first called it the GWoT (and, yeah, that's the reference senior management makes in the Air Force). With that name, it defies classification, it doesn't specify borders and gives you NO idea of what kind of definition that "victory" would entail (or 'defeat, for that matter)

Guest 06-09-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 360999)
<sarcasm>
Don't you understand? It's the SAME war - the Global War On Terror!
</sarcasm>

This is what I didn't like about the initiative when they first called it the GWoT (and, yeah, that's the reference senior management makes in the Air Force). With that name, it defies classification, it doesn't specify borders and gives you NO idea of what kind of definition that "victory" would entail (or 'defeat, for that matter)

Whatever definition or series of definitions you want to give this latest escalation of our military actions in the world, my premise holds. Where are the hundreds and thousands of war protesters evident during the Republican administration of "war criminal" George W. Bush and his "evil puppetmaster" Dick Cheney?

Guest 06-09-2011 09:21 AM

The last Declaration of War, as allowed by the Constitution was WW II. So where is the Congressional declaration of war on the Global War on Terror? Under what authority is the current or any of the past Presidents using to engage in war? Just wondering.

Guest 06-09-2011 05:58 PM

Richie, I wish I had an answer.

My *guess* is that people are too busy trying to hold on to their jobs to get out and protest.

I remember when the first Gulf War broke out. A bunch of protesters in Boston walked along Storrow Drive, a major 4-6 lane highway, in time for the evening rush hour. The reaction from liberal Boston? "GET A JOB YOU LAZY TWITS AND GET OFF THE STREET!"

Guest 06-09-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 361164)
Richie, I wish I had an answer.

My *guess* is that people are too busy trying to hold on to their jobs to get out and protest.

I remember when the first Gulf War broke out. A bunch of protesters in Boston walked along Storrow Drive, a major 4-6 lane highway, in time for the evening rush hour. The reaction from liberal Boston? "GET A JOB YOU LAZY TWITS AND GET OFF THE STREET!"

Nahhh..............I don't think that's it. Those guys never worked and lived off of our dime and still do.

C'mon you know the answer............don't be shy........what's the reason Obama can bomb and kill whoever he wants, in whatever country he wants, and nobody, especially the main stream (lame stream) media, calls him on it?

Guest 06-10-2011 05:43 AM

...or we're just numb to the trickle of remains that keep coming back from Iraq & Afghanistan.