Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   water conditioners (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/water-conditioners-39331/)

Bettyb 06-09-2011 07:16 AM

water conditioners

I am new to the villages and had eco water come out to show me the quality of the water. Bad according to them. I talked to my neighbors and some have the eco water and some have pelican and some have nothing. What do most people recommend.
Thanks

Russ_Boston 06-09-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bettyb (Post 361010)
I am new to the villages and had eco water come out to show me the quality of the water. Bad according to them. I talked to my neighbors and some have the eco water and some have pelican and some have nothing. What do most people recommend.
Thanks

And David Copperfield can make it look like the Statue of Liberty just disappeared! I have no problem with how the water tastes (I do use the refrigerator filtered water) or how the water washes clothes or feels in the shower. My wife actually thinks her hair comes out better in TV than it does here in MA.

I have heard nothing but bad things about these solicitors who come to your house and do magic tricks. If you do decide to get a whole house filter or something else you could do much better money wise by looking into solutions for yourself.

Just my opinion based on how aggressive these companies are.

graciegirl 06-09-2011 07:48 AM

We use the filtered water from the fridge.

memason 06-09-2011 08:08 AM

We use the filtered water from the fridge too, but it's really hard to get the shampoo out of your hair . . . :loco:

Seriously, we find the water in TV to taste fine and have no issues. A water conditioner [of any type] would be a hard sell for us.

Bill-n-Brillo 06-09-2011 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memason (Post 361019)
...........Seriously, we find the water in TV to taste fine and have no issues. A water conditioner [of any type] would be a hard sell for us.

Ditto.

Bill :)

wesmin 06-09-2011 08:42 AM

Water Filter

The water in the villages sends a water report yearly. The problem I have is the tast of chlorine and the amount of lime ( calcium). There is a lab on hwy 44 in Leesburg were you can have your water independantly tested. I have whole house filter to remove lime and chlorine.

Snowbirdtobe 06-09-2011 09:03 AM

We use an under sink filter. When we bought our re-sale the owner was upset at our offer. He pointed out the $6000 system in the house as a reason we should increase our offer. I didn't point out that it was unplugged and not running. I have not even bothered to get it running. The under sink filter works well.
If you want a whole house system go to Sears or Home Depot and get a plumber to install it.

natickdan 06-09-2011 09:16 AM

Save your money. We haven't noticed any quality issues with the water. We also have filtered a filter in our fridge, but we have also used tap water for drinking.

I believe many, if not all, of these water filtration companies use gimmicky tactics to sell their products. Just my humble opinion....

drdodge 06-09-2011 09:47 AM

water

I f you want a watere softner go to Home Depot and look at the Water Boss system. It cost about $500.00 dollars. Ace hardware in Southern trace handles it also. You might go to there web site and learn all about it. I have 5the water boss systen and like it

drd

NEGirl 07-05-2011 01:01 PM

Water Conditioner

Ive had 2 Mr. Water but he doesn't come to Villages and I am looking to install in new home. No water spots, stains in toilets etc with yours?

NEGirl 07-05-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natickdan (Post 361041)
Save your money. We haven't noticed any quality issues with the water. We also have filtered a filter in our fridge, but we have also used tap water for drinking.

I believe many, if not all, of these water filtration companies use gimmicky tactics to sell their products. Just my humble opinion....

You don't have white film on your dishes and spots on your glasses stains in your toilet, build up in your water heater Had all that before installing my first in Florida. Now water tastes great, hair washes'
soft and shinning

katezbox 07-05-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEGirl (Post 368161)
You don't have white film on your dishes and spots on your glasses stains in your toilet, build up in your water heater Had all that before installing my first in Florida. Now water tastes great, hair washes'
soft and shinning

NEGirl,

Had LOTS of that back in NE - where we had untreated well water. No issues here...

k

angiefox10 07-05-2011 07:13 PM

When I read TOTV and saw the conversations on water, I decided to research the "best" system..... Here is what I found... Over and over again.

http://news.consumerreports.org/appl...ofteners-.html

Found the same with water treatment.

Bottom line... Don't spend a lot of money on your system, should you decide to get one...

Biker Dog 07-06-2011 09:27 AM

Just had to replace our water softener up north. EcoWater wanted $2400.00 to replace our old EcoWater system. Took their specs to Lowes and bought a conditioner with the same specs for $377.00 plus tax. In stalled it myself.
:BigApplause:

doug11 07-10-2011 11:41 AM

like new water softener for sale

We have a water softener that is like brand new ...if that's what you are looking for i will sell it for $250...that is half the cost of new and it has only been used for 6 months... dougy911@gmail.com