Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Stickers on mailboxes (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/stickers-mailboxes-39346/)

Pa & Giggi 06-09-2011 08:02 PM

Stickers on mailboxes

Hubby and I couldn't help but notice the other day that all the stickers at the St. James mailboxes have all been removed.

Does anyone know what the rules are regarding this? Are they not allowed by TV or have the sticker police come out in the middle of the night and wiped clean all the stickers? Must have taken a bit of time.

Are all the boxes throughout the villages clear of all stickers?

Maybe tonight I will bring my rules and regulations booklet into bed to read.

Gisele

kb8tpw 06-09-2011 08:14 PM

They cetainly make life easier, without a doubt. Since St James is newer that may be a new restriction. St Charles, as of this evening, is still decorated with stickers, and the like. I recently said that if I have to remember another password or key I'll exceed overload.

k2at 06-09-2011 08:52 PM

I live in Bonnybrook and the stickers are still on the mailboxes.

skip0358 06-09-2011 10:10 PM

Stickers

Maybe someone complained to the mail police. I do believe they're Post Office property. You can't put stickers on a pst office box in the Post Office.

r_foye 06-09-2011 10:24 PM

If they take the stickers off I will never find my mail box.

F16 1UB 06-09-2011 10:34 PM

Hadley Too

They removed ours 2 years ago in Hadley.

jblum315 06-10-2011 12:15 AM

my granddaughter put the sticker on my mailbox and it always makes me think of her. If they take it off my day will be a little less pleasant

robbie 06-10-2011 06:26 AM

Just closed last week in buttonwood and asked about the mailbox stickers....told it was post office property and against the law to decorate mailbox....doesn't seem very "village"ish to me :swear:

Bogie Shooter 06-10-2011 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbie (Post 361263)
Just closed last week in buttonwood and asked about the mailbox stickers....told it was post office property and against the law to decorate mailbox....doesn't seem very "village"ish to me :swear:

Would it be "villageish" to break the law?

Pa & Giggi 06-10-2011 06:45 AM

Wellll, someone wasn't in a good mood when they came possibly from the post office dept and saw the stickers. There weren't too many as this is still a new area and none of them were really that big. Ours mailbox was in the back where you had to go out of your way to see it, at the bottom. It was a "thin blue line". We had special ordered it from an online catalog company. I would rather they had inserted a note in our mailbox telling us that we had to remove the stickers, than to handle it in this manner. That is my opinion.

Gisele

drdodge 06-10-2011 09:21 AM

mail

It does not seem that hard to remember you box number

Challenger 06-10-2011 09:42 AM

I'm sure that the Developer is behind this. He has special influence with he Post Office- Everywhere I have ever lived the rule was "don't stick stuff on US Government Property"

Bogie Shooter 06-10-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Challenger (Post 361307)
I'm sure that the Developer is behind this. He has special influence with he Post Office- Everywhere I have ever lived the rule was "don't stick stuff on US Government Property"

What? Why?

Autoshow 06-10-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbie (Post 361263)

If everybody put their stickers on, the place would look like a circus wagon ,and we do not want that

KittyKat 06-10-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autoshow (Post 361311)
If everybody put their stickers on, the place would look like a circus wagon ,and we do not want that

:agree: Village of Amelia still has stickers as of yesterday. Very messy-looking. I thought the stickers were used by people who rent out their homes but from reading these posts I was wrong. Write the # down on a piece of paper & keep it in your golfcart and/or car.