Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Just For Fun (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/)
-   -   Chuckle for the day (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/chuckle-day-39394/)

Uptown Girl 06-12-2011 07:19 AM

Chuckle for the day

I don't use FaceBook, but darling hubby does. Right now he's sitting here laughing his butt off. Why, you might ask?

He found a page called, "Hate the Villages FL". He's reading me the posts... they are a hoot. Here's one.... "A bunch of wrinkle monsters fighting over a scrap of ham on a toothpick at Sam's Club."

Don't you just love it???? :jester:

PylutDood 06-14-2011 09:25 AM

I resemble that remark!

Besides, I've had plenty a good lunch at Sams Club while shopping!

I just hit every sample table a time or three and I'am FULL!

Fresh, hot and cooked to order...cant beat that!

Not to mention it's FREE...and TASTY TOO !

graciegirl 06-14-2011 11:08 AM

A bunch of wrinkle monsters????Call out the posse!!! P, Pooh, Brillo, Red,............... who else has joined lately..? or wants to join now and beat the crap outa somebody???

I like how the roll call starts out...... tee hee.

oot 06-14-2011 02:01 PM

Kind of Funny

Don't those fools know that people can see their names. Unless they are cleaver enough to use a fake one - their places of employment could be reading their comments. I know our company was just purchased by another firm, and one of the documents explained how you could be terminated by your behavior online, especially if it made the company look bad.

garytutor 06-14-2011 08:07 PM

Thats a Hoot!

Hey you know the old saying.....Opinions are like.....everyone's got one...haha:024:

Pturner 06-14-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 362399)
A bunch of wrinkle monsters????Call out the posse!!! P, Pooh, Brillo, Red,............... who else has joined lately..? or wants to join now and beat the crap outa somebody???

OK, I'm in-- if I can stop laughing long enough.

Wrinkle Monsters?! Fighting over a scrap of ham on a toothpick! I don't care who you are, that's just funny right there.
:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

jojo 06-14-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Gracie Girl, You can add me to the posse. But what I really wonder is how you have time to be on TOTV, have an upcoming wedding, and get ready to move. You are indeed a wonder woman!

bluedog103 06-14-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pturner (Post 362519)
OK, I'm in-- if I can stop laughing long enough.

Wrinkle Monsters?! Fighting over a scrap of ham on a toothpick! I don't care who you are, that's just funny right there.
:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Don't know about the wrinkle monster part but I've seen some pretty aggressive moves when people are trying to get that choice sample. I have to chuckle. I don't think these people are broke or hungry but they really forget their manners when the last couple of morsels of pizza are out there. Funny stuff.

RichieLion 06-14-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uptown Girl (Post 361793)
I don't use FaceBook, but darling hubby does. Right now he's sitting here laughing his butt off. Why, you might ask?

He found a page called, "Hate the Villages FL". He's reading me the posts... they are a hoot. Here's one.... "A bunch of wrinkle monsters fighting over a scrap of ham on a toothpick at Sam's Club."

Don't you just love it???? :jester:

This seems to be a brand new addition to Facebook with 14 total comments and 45 people who "like" it.

If you weren't a senior member I would almost think you were trolling for visitors to this silly page with it's posters who mostly seem crass and not funny or intelligent.

I didn't see the post you commented on. I don't get it.

marybb 06-14-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Count me in Graciegirl.

Uptown Girl 06-14-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieLion (Post 362530)
This seems to be a brand new addition to Facebook with 14 total comments and 45 people who "like" it.

If you weren't a senior member I would almost think you were trolling for visitors to this silly page with it's posters who mostly seem crass and not funny or intelligent.

I didn't see the post you commented on. I don't get it.

:wave: Hi Richie.... no ulterior motive here... honest! As I said, i don't use facebook. Since I'm over 60 and have just let my hair go grey, I suppose I'd qualify to be a 'wrinkle monster" (someone should trademark that phrase!)
but I'm too classy to troll for ANYTHING. :girlneener:
I agree, the page is probably not meant to be comical... (but it is anyway!) and those who leave their comments probably aren't rocket scientists.
Hubby George says the post about the 'wrinkle monsters' is the third one down on the page... he says he wishes he COULD make that stuff up.... he'd have a new career!
Just being silly.... sorry if it ruffled feathers!

Pturner 06-14-2011 09:27 PM

I saw the "wrinkle monster" post on the FB page.

From the comments on the page, the posters appeared to be young, employed in the TV area and/or living near but outside of the Bubble... perhaps native central Floridians who resent the influx.

I've met locals who think TV is a blessing to the area and locals who resent what they perceive as an intrusion.

I think we should be kind and thoughtful and polite to local residence and employees whether they return the favor or not. We can hardly expect goodwill if we don't extend it.

FMF Doc 06-14-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pturner (Post 362545)
I saw the "wrinkle monster" post on the FB page.

From the comments on the page, the posters appeared to be young, employed in the TV area and/or living near but outside of the Bubble... perhaps native central Floridians who resent the influx.

I've met locals who think TV is a blessing to the area and locals who resent what they perceive as an intrusion.

I think we should be kind and thoughtful and polite to local residence and employees whether they return the favor or not. We can hardly expect goodwill if we don't extend it.

:BigApplause::BigApplause::BigApplause::BigApplaus e: