Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Construction on 466 (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/construction-466-a-39409/)

wendyquat 06-12-2011 12:10 PM

Construction on 466

Saw something on this a few weeks ago but can't find it on "Search" so I'll ask again. Does anyone know what is going on with all the "dirt moving" on the South side of 466 and East of Morse? Lots of dirt being moved around! Just curious.

skip0358 06-12-2011 12:11 PM

New Homes

300+ more homes going up. TV is getting bigger

wendyquat 06-12-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip0358 (Post 361848)
300+ more homes going up. TV is getting bigger

You think it will be a whole village with pool, rec center, etc?

RichieLion 06-12-2011 01:16 PM

Will this be the first new buildout not situated around a golf course?. I'd like to see the plans.

Schaumburger 06-12-2011 01:34 PM

What kind of homes?

Does anyone know what kind of homes are under construction here? CYV's, designer homes?

lightworker888 06-12-2011 03:43 PM

When I drove by I think it was called Bridgeport

so I am assuming it is like the other Bridgeports with large homes and lots. Up north now so I can't check.......darn!

LW888

skip0358 06-12-2011 03:49 PM

No

No the new Bridgeport is w/o Moorse Blvd. This new site is e/o Moorse across from Santa Fe Center. I heard designer homes. Goodness knows this could be wrong.

bike42 06-12-2011 07:42 PM

The street layout is shown on this map:
http://www.districtgov.org/yourdistr...-Districts.pdf

Looks like a villa section in the center plus a pool/mail pick-up, with the rest of the streets sized for designer homes. The southernmost lots will have nice views of Lake Sumter. My guess is that they will do the new bungalow-style villas in the villa section, based on how quickly the ones at Lake Sumter Landing sold.

They are really moving dirt around fast this week. I'll bet the roads will be in, pool open, lots available, villa section finished, and homes under construction by January.

Schaumburger 06-12-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bike42 (Post 361980)
The street layout is shown on this map:
http://www.districtgov.org/yourdistr...-Districts.pdf

Looks like a villa section in the center plus a pool/mail pick-up, with the rest of the streets sized for designer homes. The southernmost lots will have nice views of Lake Sumter. My guess is that they will do the new bungalow-style villas in the villa section, based on how quickly the ones at Lake Sumter Landing sold.

They are really moving dirt around fast this week. I'll bet the roads will be in, pool open, lots available, villa section finished, and homes under construction by January.

How much did the the bungalow style villas at LSL sell for?

Bill-n-Brillo 06-12-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 361999)

If you want to find specifics on any or all of those villas, go to the Sumter County Property Appraiser's web site http://www.sumterpa.com/ , click on 'Record Search' on the left, enter one of the addresses (or just the street name only then select one of the resulting Property IDs), then click on the resulting page on the 'GIS Aerial' satellite view map at the right. That will open an expanded version of the map, showing a small white box noting the current owner name(s) and the date and price of the most recent sale. Move your cursor to any other rooftop (again, you're seeing a satellite view), then do a single left-click, and it will show you the same info for that particular property. Look to the right of the map (under 'Sales Info') and you will be able to see the complete sales history on that house - date and price are noted.

Hope that helps!

Bill :)

jojo 06-12-2011 09:00 PM

Today, Sunday, we watched trucks full of dirt headed north on Morse Blvd and returning empty. Started about 9 a.m. and continued to 4 p.m . Does anyone know if they were working in the new area on 466?

Schaumburger 06-13-2011 01:43 AM

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo (Post 362006)
If you want to find specifics on any or all of those villas, go to the Sumter County Property Appraiser's web site http://www.sumterpa.com/ , click on 'Record Search' on the left, enter one of the addresses (or just the street name only then select one of the resulting Property IDs), then click on the resulting page on the 'GIS Aerial' satellite view map at the right. That will open an expanded version of the map, showing a small white box noting the current owner name(s) and the date and price of the most recent sale. Move your cursor to any other rooftop (again, you're seeing a satellite view), then do a single left-click, and it will show you the same info for that particular property. Look to the right of the map (under 'Sales Info') and you will be able to see the complete sales history on that house - date and price are noted.

Hope that helps!

Bill :)

Bill,

Thank you for the info. :wave:

Bill-n-Brillo 06-13-2011 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 362044)
Bill,

Thank you for the info. :wave:

You're most welcome - no problem!

Bill :wave:

Ohiogirl 06-13-2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 361999)

Many of the bungalows in Edgewater had water views and also 2 car garages (not all of them), which greatly added to the price. The ones that did not have 2 car garages nor water views sold for less. I believe these were all unfurnished.

The street in Creekside Landing that they sold quickly was probably about 2 years old (?) and had been used for Lifestyle Previews, were all furnished like models (professionally decorated).

I think in general, if they were comparable to most other villas in regular villa neighborhoods, they sold for about $20-40,000 more than a typical new villa? Someone can correct me here, if they know for sure. I believe they are all vinyl, albeit a wider vinyl, and since they have different color exteriors, shutters, etc. they are not so cookie-cutter looking.

However, the plus seemed to be the location. The "cabanas" (what they called them in Buttonwood or the other village out that way whose name escapes me at this senior moment, took quite a while to sell out.

kit9240 06-15-2011 05:24 PM

Construction Across from Sante Fe Crossing

There are a lot construction vehicles and they are moving a lot of dirt. There is a sign posted for Commercial Site available. I haven't seen anything in the Sun about new construction. I wonder if this is part of the new Village called Bridgeport that is under construction just east of Morse Blvd on 466.

Does anyone know what this construction is for?