Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Finally Moving to The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/finally-moving-villages-39428/)

kathyzapp 06-13-2011 09:15 AM

Finally Moving to The Villages

Our house has been on the market for almost a year. Well, we got a contract, had all the inspections, got an appraisal, and signed all the paperwork. It is finally final. OUR HOUSE IS SOLD! On July 29 we are out of here. :2excited:

We can't wait to move to The Villages and start a new phase in our lives. I've been reading TOTV frequently since our April 2010 visit. I've learned a lot of great information here and had a lot of laughs.

We have a visit planned for the end of June to find our new home. We are looking forward to moving to Lower Paradise and meeting a lot of great Villagers (or Village people:laugh:).

Kathy and Jack

jackz 06-13-2011 09:22 AM

Congrats to you both for selling your home after a year and on your new journey to become full time Villagers.

Your story will provide hope for the many wannabes that are still trying to sell their homes and move the the Villages.

Enjoy.

tainsley 06-13-2011 09:32 AM

So happy for you! Putting our house on the market in a couple of weeks but we will be down for the month of July to look for our "last" home. We can't wait. Where in Delaware are you from? I am originally from Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Best wishes to you. I am sure you will find the perfect home in the perfect place.:wave:

Tbugs 06-13-2011 10:31 AM

Congratulations, Kathyzapp -

Since you have already sold your home, may I suggest you look at re-sale homes in The Villages. Get a sales agent from Villages Property to show you the available homes listed with Villages Properties AND an agent from a broker like REMAX or ERA to show you homes listed with MLS. Villages agents can only show houses listed with Villages Properties and outside agents can only show homes listed with MLS.

In my opinion, resales are a better deal because the bond will be much lower than in a new home, you see exactly what you will be getting in a resale, you can negotiate price with the seller, more mature landscaping, no construction around you.

I called Villages Properties to find out what the bond cost is on some new premier homes on 466. The bond is $50,000. Most new homes are averaging around $23,000 to $30,000 bond. My home was built in 2002 and when I bought in late 2009, the bond was $2,000. Makes a big difference on the annual tax bill.

Anyhow, congratulations on your sale. You will have a great time as a Villager. Hope to meet you sometime.

Dirigo 06-13-2011 10:45 AM

Congratulations! Soon you'll be living the dream...

champion6 06-13-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyzapp (Post 362094)
Our house has been on the market for almost a year. Well, we got a contract, had all the inspections, got an appraisal, and signed all the paperwork. It is finally final. OUR HOUSE IS SOLD! On July 29 we are out of here.

Fantastic! The best is yet to come.

salpal 06-13-2011 02:39 PM

Yippee! More people from Delaware! If we're not careful, there will be nobody left! :wave:

Pturner 06-13-2011 05:57 PM

Kathy and Jack,

That is great news. Thanks for sharing it. You are in for the time of your lives! Congratulations.

:pepper2::beer3::pepper2:

golf2140 06-13-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tainsley (Post 362103)
So happy for you! Putting our house on the market in a couple of weeks but we will be down for the month of July to look for our "last" home. We can't wait. Where in Delaware are you from? I am originally from Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Best wishes to you. I am sure you will find the perfect home in the perfect place.:wave:

Where in Delaware County? Upper Chi - Prospect Park

Schaumburger 06-13-2011 10:51 PM

Kathy and Jack, Congratulations and best of luck to you in finding a house in TV that you will love! :wave:

2BNTV 06-14-2011 08:52 AM

Kathy and Jack:

Congratulations. I couldn't be happier for you.

Happy house hunting.

billmar 06-14-2011 12:55 PM

Congratulations

Quote:

Our house has been on the market for almost a year. Well, we got a contract, had all the inspections, got an appraisal, and signed all the paperwork. It is finally final. OUR HOUSE IS SOLD! On July 29 we are out of here. :2excited:

We can't wait to move to The Villages and start a new phase in our lives. I've been reading TOTV frequently since our April 2010 visit. I've learned a lot of great information here and had a lot of laughs.

We have a visit planned for the end of June to find our new home. We are looking forward to moving to Lower Paradise and meeting a lot of great Villagers (or Village people:laugh:).

Kathy and Jack

Very Happy for you. We just went through the process and are so excited to be moving to the Villages, too. Do you know about where you want to live yet? We considered resale and new. There are definitely pros and cons to both. We decided to go w/ a new designer home, just to get some of the newer features offered. We had a certain budget in mind and were able to stick to it. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will enjoy your decision.

kandj 06-14-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Woohoo! I am SO happy for you. I can't wait until ours is sold. But then we still have to get it listed. I have one week left before I leave to finish getting our stuff packed up. Hope to run into you at one of the TOTV meetups soon.

kathyzapp 06-15-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tainsley (Post 362103)

Thank you. We are from Bear, DE, which is near Wilmington and Newark.

Good luck with the sale of your house!

Kathy

kathyzapp 06-15-2011 05:46 PM

Thank you all for your kind wishes and advice. Hope to meet up someday soon!

Kathy