Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   What The Main Stream Media Should Be Covering (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/what-main-stream-media-should-covering-39467/)

Guest 06-14-2011 08:13 PM

What The Main Stream Media Should Be Covering

Columnist and author Jedidiah Bila has penned a timely column on the lack of critical reporting when it comes to the repercussions of Obama's policies, while spending an inordinate amount of time in holding a magnifying glass to Gov. Palin's emails, and trying to gin up feuds between the GOP candidates for the Republican nomination.

She notes Gallup's findings of a sharp decline in the jobs outlook with 6 straight weeks of Wall Street declines have resulted in Americans confidence in the economy plunging to -35.

CNS News reports that there's been a jobs decline of 1.9 Million fewer employed 28 months after Obamas stimulus plan and 1 year after he declared 2012 as "Recovery Summer"

Do you think maybe they should be reporting on this economic decline and interviewing people to see if this is going to affect the way they view Obama in light of the coming elections?

Or the fact that even with all the enormous spending by this President, all we have to show for it is monstrous debt?

There's more in this article that had me nodding my head as I read it.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/14/wh...d-be-covering/

Guest 06-15-2011 04:58 AM

John Stewart basically ripped the "mainstream media" a new one on Monday night doing a segment on the overblown press stampede concerning the Palin e-mails - was very entertaining.

Guest 06-15-2011 07:14 AM

I must have woke up very synical this morning because I was watching the TODAY show and I listened to 10 minutes on Arnold and mistriss, 10 minutes on Casey Anthony, 10 minutes on Pipa and boyfriends, 10 minutes about Weiner et al.
All I saw about Pakistan and them arresting CIA informants that helped us capture bin laden was about 2 minutes.

Somebody's missing the point. Arnold, Pipa, Casey and Weiner do nothing for me. But 1.3B in aid to Pakistan does. Cut them off. All that money could be used for jobs repairing highways and other infrastructure items

geeezzzzz

Guest 06-15-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 362593)
I must have woke up very synical this morning because I was watching the TODAY show and I listened to 10 minutes on Arnold and mistriss, 10 minutes on Casey Anthony, 10 minutes on Pipa and boyfriends, 10 minutes about Weiner et al.
All I saw about Pakistan and them arresting CIA informants that helped us capture bin laden was about 2 minutes.

Somebody's missing the point. Arnold, Pipa, Casey and Weiner do nothing for me. But 1.3B in aid to Pakistan does. Cut them off. All that money could be used for jobs repairing highways and other infrastructure items

geeezzzzz

Thanks for reminding me why we don't own a television!

Guest 06-15-2011 08:23 PM

Richie-

You don't get to set up the biased and hateful opinion of Jedidiah Bila towards President Obama as some kind of national barometer of truth. It was merely her biased opinion and I have to disagree with her opinion as should all Americans.

Your promotion of this lousy opinion piece and your impertinence in expecting me to be in awe of her journalistic wisdom and respond in defense of her false premises is ludicrous.

Guest 06-15-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 362832)
Richie-

You don't get to set up the biased and hateful opinion of Jedidiah Bila towards President Obama as some kind of national barometer of truth. It was merely her biased opinion and I have to disagree with her opinion as should all Americans.

Your promotion of this lousy opinion piece and your impertinence in expecting me to be in awe of her journalistic wisdom and respond in defense of her false premises is ludicrous.

I agree. The initial post showed the Bila's faulty reasoning and portentous connecting of this to Obama. There are other factors that are affecting the stock market decline with the problems in Greece.That was sure is a stretch.
Looking at my portfolio, overall I've done well since November....much better than late 2007 and 2008.

Guest 06-16-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 362832)
Richie-

You're still under the impression that you're extremely witty, but you have to be smart enough to see the difference in my article and the one you're referring to in another thread, albeit your plagiarism.

First of all, unlike Actor, I didn't ask you to regard this as unimpeachable and demand you to comment on it's findings, I only suggested it is a good read, and you're being stupid about this to prove a point I don't quite get.

The NY Times was merely an opinion piece defaming Republican candidates and it's electorate, with no unimpeachable data to support any of it's hateful contentions.

This column is pointing our the FACTS in our economical decline and contrasting it with Obama's actions in trying to achieve the exact opposite result. You can make you own conclusions with the evidence at hand.

Guest 06-16-2011 12:18 PM

Richie,
You are right. Please accept my apology.

Guest 06-16-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 362971)
Richie,
You are right. Please accept my apology.

No, actually I apologize for getting all huffy about your post and your use of my words right back at me. I don't totally agree, but I see your point. Sometimes I forget about my promise to you to lighten up a bit. I'll try again to remember to wait and think about your intent, and not post while I'm angry. I can't promise "never again", but I'll try.