Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Computer questions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/)
-   -   Cannot Show All Content (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/cannot-show-all-content-39526/)

2BNTV 06-17-2011 08:56 AM

Cannot Show All Content

A couple of weeks ago, I downloaded IE 9.0 as suggested by a windows update. Since then, I receive the error message, "Cannot show all content safely, what's the risk". The message also showed up in my optimun account but still worked.

Several days later, after signing into e-mail account, the screen would not display and all I had was a gray blank page. I called optimum tech support and they suggested I downlod Mozilla Firfox. Optimum E-mail worked.

I went to the MicroSoft website and typed in the error message and it suggested a solution that works in my home page with Google. Optimum e-mail still doesn't work. It's only Optimum that is giving me this problem. I can see this is not Optimum's problem as it works with Mozilla Firefox but how could it stopped working with no changes to the software settings?

Will reloading IE 9.0 from Microsoft resolve this problem?

zcaveman 06-17-2011 11:13 AM

I assume Optimum is an email client. Did you ask Optimum if they had any problems when they tested the Optimum product with IE9? Or do they have any other complaints with their product and IE9?

Making you use another browser to access their product seems fishy. It should work with all browsers.

I would not do a reload until you find out about Optimum's compatibility with IE9.

2BNTV 06-17-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcaveman (Post 363242)
I assume Optimum is an email client. Did you ask Optimum if they had any problems when they tested the Optimum product with IE9? Or do they have any other complaints with their product and IE9?

Making you use another browser to access their product seems fishy. It should work with all browsers.

I would not do a reload until you find out about Optimum's compatibility with IE9.

Z:

Thank you for your advice. I will ask if they have compatibility problems with IE 9.0.

The person seemed to be more intent on getting me off the phone. She claimed "Optimum", does not deal with IE software issues" but it still didn't seem to be right with me as I have accessed Optimum for several years with no problems through IE and using another browser seemed to be like like putting a bandaid on the problem and really did not fully address the real problem.

salpal 06-17-2011 01:32 PM

IE 9 issues

Our 401k website does not recognize or work with IE 9 yet along with a couple others that I've run into. So I ended up un-installing it and going back to IE 8.0 --- not worth the hassle.

handieman 06-17-2011 02:38 PM

When you go to a web site, the browser may not download all the contents. At the top margin of your browser window look for a yellowish area thats says "show images" click it and the whole contents of the web page should appear
Handie

cherylncliff 06-17-2011 05:14 PM

IE9 does apparently have some incompatibilities with email systems that are well documented. Parts of Gmail do not work unless you set the compatibility mode of IE9 to ON. Other websites have similar issues. In all cases I have found that Google Chrome seems to render the pages OK. This seems to be another case where "better" in not necessarily good. Try searching your error message on Google in conjunction with the search term IE9 and you will likely find others with the same problem. (No fix to date for the address lists in Gmail and IE9).