Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Computer questions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/)
-   -   Defagging (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/defagging-39555/)

fraurauch 06-18-2011 05:35 AM

Defragging

I have been having trouble running the Defrag utility for several months. It opens up and when I tell it to defrag, it just sits there. It never gets beyond 0%. I have waited several hours with no luck. Yesterday I tried the free utility, Defraggler, and the same thing happened. Anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be?

EdV 06-18-2011 06:35 AM

Have you considered sex therapy for it?

Snowbirdtobe 06-18-2011 06:36 AM

How much free space do you have on your hard drive? There may be no space to move files.

mulligan 06-18-2011 07:07 AM

Try the disc cleanup first, then defrag again

LI SNOWBIRD 06-18-2011 07:12 AM

You might wanna try

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraurauch (Post 363455)
I have been having trouble running the Defrag utility for several months. It opens up and when I tell it to defrag, it just sits there. It never gets beyond 0%. I have waited several hours with no luck. Yesterday I tried the free utility, Defraggler, and the same thing happened. Anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be?

Downloading and running a defragger at:
http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/
I was told to do this by a paid member of the TV computer club.

To use your computer defragger...
Also you might have too many things running. Go to your tray which is located in the task bar at the bottom of the desk top. There are icons there that show what is running. Right click on some and see if you can disable them. You can reverse the process to re-enable them.
Good luck.:cryin2::024:

ajbrown 06-18-2011 07:20 AM

Of all of the typos. I would first see if you can still edit the title of the thread in advanced mode:doh:

All good suggestions in previous posts. If it were me with the disk issue, I would try a couple of things:
  • Run a disk error check to see if any disk errors, this not likely the issue, but...
  • Try to run the defrag in SAFE mode, which should eliminate any conflicting programs.

I have never run into this problem, so just throwing out ideas....

jackz 06-18-2011 08:17 AM

Defaging?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraurauch (Post 363455)

I believe Anita Bryant has a program for this problem...

angiefox10 06-18-2011 09:22 AM

Yep... You got my attention with the title.

You might try going into safe mode. I believe it's the F8 on most computers.

fraurauch 06-18-2011 10:14 AM

Whoops! I better start proofreading my posts.

The Great Fumar 06-18-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackz (Post 363496)

jackz , this is a great line, You broke me up and now I have to clean my morning cereal off the table........problem is only about three people will catch it .....ha ha

orange juice fumar ........:1rotfl:

skyguy79 06-18-2011 11:01 AM

Re: Title

If it were verbal communications, one could say (as one of my high school teachers used to say) that you had "Friction in your Diction!"
(Not a Weiner Joke)

Pturner 06-18-2011 11:15 AM

Ever notice that the more embarrassing the typo, the more it gets noticed. I almost spit coffee on my computer screen when I read the title of this thread.

Anita Bryant... good one, Jackz.

swimdawg 06-18-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackz (Post 363496)

I'm in the middle of all the legal stuff...getting things organized for this new home I'm building in TV. I'm a little stressed.......and there is nothing like a good laugh to bring me back to the real world. Thank you TOTV. Love it!:a20:

Tweety Bird 06-18-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraurauch (Post 363514)
Whoops! I better start proofreading my posts.

I'm hysterically laughing about this typo. I thought it might be about some religious "whatever" institution putting some poor gay person through the DEFAG machine and it didn't work. My mind was whirring on this one. :1rotfl:

Bill-n-Brillo 06-18-2011 11:56 AM

Re: thread title - Intense psychological counseling might help............ :shocked:

Bill :)