Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Workout equipment on the lanai (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/workout-equipment-lanai-39560/)

angiefox10 06-18-2011 09:59 AM

Workout equipment on the lanai

What do you put on the lanai and do you have any trouble with it being out there?

Pturner 06-18-2011 11:30 AM

Workout equipment on the lanai? I would have trouble with it being too hot outside. :undecided:

angiefox10 06-18-2011 11:39 AM

Thanks for responding.... ;)

To hot to work out or for the equipment. I saw some in the used homes and I understand they put TV's out there.

I have a Vibration Machine I want to bring and would like to put it out on the Lanai as well as my TV and VCR to do my workouts outside. We just came back from there and while it was hot during the day... The morning were perfect for it.

springfield illinois 06-18-2011 11:41 AM

Too hot!!!

Being too hot ,,,,would make for a great excuse to not workout an get a beer and stay cool.:pepper2:

angiefox10 06-25-2011 01:33 PM

Still no answer to my question about electrical equipment on the lanai. Can we not be too concerned about my having a heart attack in the heat and get back on topic????:a040:

Pturner 06-25-2011 02:19 PM

I don't know what a Vibration Machine is and I'm afraid to ask. As far as I know, all or most lanais have electrical outlets. Of course, don't put electrical equipment where it might get wet.

784caroline 06-25-2011 02:49 PM

In a screened in lanai you have to plan that the equipment will get wet...and at times when the wind blows real wet. If a major storm is approaching, it would be advisable to bring that stuff inside or secure it. Unless it could be exposed to a wet environment I dont think it would be worth the risk to leave it on a screen lanai..I mean this is not like simply moving a small TV inside when a big storm is approaching.

golf2140 06-25-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angiefox10 (Post 363536)
Thanks for responding.... ;)

To hot to work out or for the equipment. I saw some in the used homes and I understand they put TV's out there.

I have a Vibration Machine I want to bring and would like to put it out on the Lanai as well as my TV and VCR to do my workouts outside. We just came back from there and while it was hot during the day... The morning were perfect for it.

Isn't that best used in private. :pepper2:

graciegirl 06-25-2011 03:01 PM

Boy Howdy.

Just thought I'd poke my head in and see what is happening. Think I will go back to packing.

We have the market cornered on scissors.

OpusX1 06-25-2011 03:45 PM

If it is just a screen lanai stuff gets wet from rain and dew. If it is glassed in you will be ok. If you work out in the buff well........ I guess it just depends on the neighbors and how buff you are!

angiefox10 06-25-2011 03:57 PM

Thank you... That answered my question *laughing* and then some!!! Love the answers with humor!!! I can see living in The Villages is going to be fun!!!:pepper2:

rubicon 06-25-2011 06:44 PM

Athletic equipment not a good idea

villages07 06-25-2011 06:49 PM

I've had a "free" yard sale exercise bike in my covered lanai for about 2 years. It has electronics. Since I have nothing invested in it, I wasn't too concerned about how it would weather. In a heavy, windy storm, water can blow in there and get it wet. The electronics seem to be well protected and they still work. There is a little rust on some of the metal parts.

So, if you have nice equipment that you want to keep nice and working, an open/screen lanai is probably not a great solution. I have seen some folks keep exercise equipment in their garage.

andkerans 07-02-2011 06:51 AM

I would think that using a vibration machine on the lanai would wake up the neighbors...better to use it in the house. JOKE?

skyguy79 07-02-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andkerans (Post 367269)
I would think that using a vibration machine on the lanai would wake up the neighbors...better to use it in the house. JOKE?

Especially if it's hand held!!!
http://www.siriuslybankrupt.com/imag...od-smiley-.gif