Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Will give lot back (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/will-give-lot-back-39566/)

Jhooman 06-18-2011 05:29 PM

Will give lot back

Our home has not sold and we will give back our lot to be re-released in The Villages. We will not lose our funds thank goodness, but our hearts were set on our new lot with a brand new home.

The housing market has become very soft here in California, but we are staying positive about selling our home and getting to The Villages. I'm trusting that the twist and turns of getting to The Villages is simply a mild detour.

One thing I do know, we are not alone on this journey. Thank you for sharing your joy and pain in getting to The Villages. Sometimes I get so darn disappointed and then I read one of your posts, you are going through the same darn thing in Virginia, Tennessee, Minnesota or New York. We are just trying to get to The Villages so we can all play and be happy:pepper2:! I've given up explaining to Californians why we want to live in TV, I want to keep The Village life a secret.

I'm staying positive about the sell of our home and I wish all of you who are trying to sell your home the best too.

Once again, thank you for all of your posts.:gc:

kathyzapp 06-18-2011 05:36 PM

Where's your lot? We're visiting TV on June 28 and plan to buy a new designer home. Would be interesting to see location of your lot.

Thanks,
Kathy

Jhooman 06-18-2011 05:49 PM

Kathy

Thank you for your kind note.

billmar 06-18-2011 05:53 PM

I am sorry to hear about your lot, but, am glad to hear you will not lose your funds. I hope your house sells soon; there is probably another lot just as nice with your name on it. I truly hope it works out for you.

duffysmom 06-18-2011 06:52 PM

That lot was not the one you were supposed to have; when the time is right the perfect lot or home will appear. While we were waiting for our home to sell I would get anxious about the homes I picked out selling and then when I least expected it :boom: our home sold. Here we are in the perfect house with the perfect neighbors. It won't be long and you will be rolling along :gc:.

Pturner 06-18-2011 07:15 PM

Jhooman, my thoughts and prayers are with you that your house sells soon.

As Duffysmom said, the lot and home you were meant to have in TV are waiting for you. Your dream is alive and well and it will come true!

Hugs,
P

Bill-n-Brillo 06-18-2011 07:17 PM

That's a bummer, J. As duffysmom said, it just wasn't meant to be.......YET!! Don't worry - your time will come!

Bill :)

kathyzapp 06-18-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jhooman (Post 363620)
Kathy

Thank you for your kind note.

I'm so sorry! My response did not come out the way I meant it to. When I read your post, I was on the phone with our Village realtor trying to locate a lot. We just sold our house after being on the market for almost a year. I know how stressful your situation must be. Please forgive my insensitivity.

Kathy

nkrifats 06-18-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffysmom (Post 363635)
That lot was not the one you were supposed to have; when the time is right the perfect lot or home will appear. While we were waiting for our home to sell I would get anxious about the homes I picked out selling and then when I least expected it :boom: our home sold. Here we are in the perfect house with the perfect neighbors. It won't be long and you will be rolling along :gc:.

I am sure this will workout for you. After 9 months we have a closing here in RI. This has been a stressful time and I will not relax until it has closed. Best of luck to you and hang in there.

Jhooman 06-18-2011 07:59 PM

Fellow villagers, thank you for the kind words and encouragement, you guys rock.:bowdown:

Postings like these bring tears to my eyes and a grateful heart. When I get to The Villages, I'm giving you all a big juicy California hug. ::pepper2:

bkcunningham1 06-18-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jhooman (Post 363612)
Our home has not sold and we will give back our lot to be re-released in The Villages. We will not lose our funds thank goodness, but our hearts were set on our new lot with a brand new home.

The housing market has become very soft here in California, but we are staying positive about selling our home and getting to The Villages. I'm trusting that the twist and turns of getting to The Villages is simply a mild detour.

One thing I do know, we are not alone on this journey. Thank you for sharing your joy and pain in getting to The Villages. Sometimes I get so darn disappointed and then I read one of your posts, you are going through the same darn thing in Virginia, Tennessee, Minnesota or New York. We are just trying to get to The Villages so we can all play and be happy:pepper2:! I've given up explaining to Californians why we want to live in TV, I want to keep The Village life a secret.

I'm staying positive about the sell of our home and I wish all of you who are trying to sell your home the best too.

Once again, thank you for all of your posts.:gc:

Thank goodness you got your money back Jhooman. The housing market has to turn around sometime. Just because you got out of buying now doesn't mean you have to give up your dream of coming to paradise. Keep your chin up and keep posting here and making friends. Just because you have to postpone building your home here doesn't mean you can't visit. Your day will come. I'm hoping it is sooner than later! Best wishes and don't give up.

wendyquat 06-18-2011 09:24 PM

Don't give up!

We went through the same thing for seven months. Seemed like there was just no one out there that wanted our house and 5 acres in eastern NC! We buried the St. Joseph in the yard but that was only for laughs. We had about given up when a couple called and came by the first of March to look, loved it, made an offer and we were "outta there" by mid April! It was very stressful having to move so quick after being in the house for 20 years but well worth it getting to TV as FROGS!:pepper2:

Best of luck to you! Don't worry about that lot as there are plenty of others!!

mrdarcy 06-18-2011 10:16 PM

It's bad all around the country

I'm in Atlanta, one of the 5 worst housing markets in the country, so says my 4th realtor--my house has been on the market now for over 2 years. I've had over 30 agents tour my home. Almost all of them say my home is in a great location, "shows perfectly", is exceptionally well maintained and, worth every bit of what it's been appraised for. But, it's not sold. I'm starting to think too that there's a right time, right place, and right buyer and all of it will come together when it's meant to. What I can do, is make sure my vote is cast in November 2012 for a federal administration with sound fiscal policies. If anyone really wants a chilling understanding of why we're in this crisis, I highly recommend watching "Inside Job". It's a totally riveting 90 minutes. It starts out tame and seemingly innocuous, but soon the reality of how we got to where we are today becomes nearly too incredible to grasp.

CaliforniaGirl 06-19-2011 01:14 AM

I agree with duffysmom - when the time is right, the right lot or right home will be here for you.

I do have to admit, though, that when I saw where you are from I got homesick...I moved here from Long Beach (Belmont Shore) and miss it every day! Not enough to go back, though :)

Russ_Boston 06-19-2011 08:39 AM

Keep us informed of any changes. When the time is right it will happen.