Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Do We Need A Costcos? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/do-we-need-costcos-39708/)

deejohn1 06-23-2011 09:23 AM

Do We Need A Costcos?

We need to find a way to get costcos to move here in the area . closest one is 39 miles away . THEY HAVE SO MUCH MORE SELECTION Please can we get something started on this . I have called & they said they need more calls to convince them to move here PLEASE CALL THEM AT 1800-955-2292

THANKS EVERYONE::

:

nitehawk 06-23-2011 11:22 AM

We need a Costco

you need a heading like, We need a Costco - anyway i am calling now

Bosoxfan 06-23-2011 11:34 AM

Welcome to talk of the villages deejohn.I see this is your first post.Although I've never been in a Costco it has to be better than Sams.I personally would love to see a BJ's.:gc:

mulligan 06-23-2011 02:35 PM

You and me both, Bo. That's about the only thing I miss about worcester

LittleDog 06-23-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosoxfan (Post 364866)
Welcome to talk of the villages deejohn.I see this is your first post.Although I've never been in a Costco it has to be better than Sams.I personally would love to see a BJ's.:gc:

When living in NJ we were members of both BJ's and Costco. We preferred BJ's for the food as the portions were smaller which was fine for a family of 2. However we liked Costco for household items, clothing etc. I would love to see both here in this area.

John

bmarlo767 07-02-2011 12:27 PM

I also would love to have a costco's here Maybe we could get an
email address to have every one send to.

ladydoc 07-02-2011 01:30 PM

Oh, the regional differences of what is considered "far!" 39 miles? Piece of cake. I wish there were a decent store 40 miles from here. Closest costco to us is in El Paso...about 5hours away, round trip. Closest JoAnn's and Sam's Club- 300 miles round trip. One of the many reasons I am so looking forward to being in TV. Leaving in 6 days now. Can not wait!!!!

KathieI 07-02-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladydoc (Post 367390)
..........One of the many reasons I am so looking forward to being in TV. Leaving in 6 days now. Can not wait!!!!

I hope I'm one of those reasons for moving here... LOL.... I can't wait for you to get here. Remember, I lift weights now, so I'm ready to help unpacking..... loves ya... Kath

rtime 07-02-2011 02:37 PM

Here's our vote for a Costco and we will give them a call.

KathieI 07-02-2011 02:40 PM

:angel::angel::angel:

This is Kathie praying:
Please God don't let any more box stores
move into TV.....
we have enough problems keeping
our small stores healthy and wealthy....
Support our local merchants!!!

rubicon 07-02-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladydoc (Post 367390)
Oh, the regioinal differences of what is considered "far!" 39 miles? Piece of cake. I wish there were a decent store 40 miles from here. Closest costco to us is in El Paso...about 5hours away, round trip. Closest JoAnn's and Sam's Club- 300 miles round trip. One of the many reasons I am so looking forward to being in TV. Leaving in 6 days now. Can not wait!!!!

Costco 5 miles away....Home Home on the range... where the buffalo roam.....:D

Shimpy 07-02-2011 03:20 PM

Was a Cosco member for years until I realized that I wasn't saving enough to cover my membership. I didn't have a separate freezer to store months worth of frozen foods. I didn't really have room to store months worth of toilet paper and paper towels. What really convinced me was that I could buy coke at Publix on sale for less than Cosco. On the rare occasion I would make out buying a TV or high dollar item, but in the long run I figured it wasn't worth it. I also belonged to BJ's and it was the same. Of all of them Cosco would be my first choice, but can't justify it. JMHO

Another 65er 07-02-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulligan (Post 364914)
You and me both, Bo. That's about the only thing I miss about worcester

You mean, you don't miss the Miss Worcester diner and Holy Cross?

Uptown Girl 07-02-2011 05:08 PM

I believe I read in the Daily Sun that they were working on arrangements for both a Costco and a Cheesecake Factory.

We shop at Costco, and often split/share large packaged quantities with single friends and family when there too much for us to use or store. That makes the value work well for us.

missypie 07-02-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uptown Girl (Post 367455)
I believe I read in the Daily Sun that they were working on arrangements for both a Costco and a Cheesecake Factory.

We shop at Costco, and often split/share large packaged quantities with single friends and family when there too much for us to use or store. That makes the value work well for us.

Who is they?