Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   New rules chip away at homeowners' rights (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/new-rules-chip-away-homeowners-rights-39765/)

The Shadow 06-25-2011 07:14 AM

New rules chip away at homeowners' rights

Quote:

Associations will soon be able to block access to a development's amenities — the pool, community room or tennis court, for example — for any violation of a community law or rule. If owners paint houses the wrong color or tenants leave lawns untended, they could be cut off from their community perks following a board hearing.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...,6278773.story

chuckster 06-25-2011 07:22 AM

Since we aren't hoa's or condo assn's this is important because...........:popcorn:

The Shadow 06-25-2011 08:38 AM

Bill 530

Bill 530
http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...llText/c3/HTML

ilovetv 06-25-2011 09:06 AM

What a waste

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Shadow (Post 365358)

Reading that, everyone ought to be able to see how legislators waste their time and our money to make sure more lawyers need to be hired, and more state bureaucrats have something to pretend they're working on.

Tbugs 06-25-2011 09:18 AM

Sounds good to me. Have to keep the place looking good - even if you are a landlord.

Larry Wilson 06-25-2011 10:06 AM

Agree with tbugs. I see more and more yards full of weeds. If this will make people take care of their yards, I'm all for it.

angiefox10 06-25-2011 10:47 AM

We want to live there because of the rules... Don't forget what it looks like outside of The Villages. Do you really want to go back?:clap2::clap2:

ilovetv 06-25-2011 11:05 AM

To clarify....I like rules too

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovetv (Post 365363)
Reading that, everyone ought to be able to see how legislators waste their time and our money to make sure more lawyers need to be hired, and more state bureaucrats have something to pretend they're working on.

I need to clarify my post above. I like the rules too, because we have lived in neighborhoods where even with reasonable rules and restrictions, some homeowners absolutely refuse to comply with simple, low-cost rules that keep the place looking clean and not trashed with outlandish paint colors, gaudy driveway paint colors and junky yard ornaments. There are always neighbors who refuse to grow up enough to, for example, keep their trash in the garage until the night of pickup, or put it out in appropriate bagging or containers. It's like "You're not gonna tell ME what to do..." (like a 10-year-old kid told to take out the trash before taking off on his bike).

My previous post was a reaction to the endless legalese legislators belabor to put into such bills, to require something like a lien for non-payment of HOA fees.

TV is as beautiful as it is BECAUSE of the rules we have.

Figmo Bohica 06-25-2011 12:27 PM

We live in a county where there are no restrictions. We have what we call "Auto Scaping." Looking forward to living in a place where I DO NOT see weeds growing up through old cars, trash piled higher then the house and bring with people who take pride in where they live.

graciegirl 06-25-2011 02:55 PM

Shadow. I don't see where this has much to do with The Villages.

Pturner 06-25-2011 02:58 PM

Does the new law apply to TV, since we are governed by a CDD, not an HOA?

mulligan 06-25-2011 02:58 PM

Gracie, if you stood up and sang the star spangled banner, shadow would find something negative to say about it.

The Shadow 06-25-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulligan (Post 365473)
Gracie, if you stood up and sang the star spangled banner, shadow would find something negative to say about it.

I am sorry, I think I was the one singing and you are the ones finding it negative.

zcaveman 06-25-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 365471)
Shadow. I don't see where this has much to do with The Villages.

Recently the CDDs have been given the authority to fine people for not obeying the declarations.

I think that is a good thing. I have already seen residents in my village remove some statues, etc that were not in the deed restrictions. I assume they got fined or were told of the fines.

All The Shadow is doing is mentioning something that was in the newspaper. Maybe a warning to some of the people in TV that are not paying their amenity fees, etc.

As my father always said, it is always best to be forewarned.

Z

kentucky blue 06-25-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Wilson (Post 365380)
Agree with tbugs. I see more and more yards full of weeds. If this will make people take care of their yards, I'm all for it.

Not only did i check all the homes on my cul-de-sac,i walked our entire Village, and did not find one home, that did not show the signs of pride of ownership.