Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   LSL tonight if you love the blues! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lsl-tonight-if-you-love-blues-39767/)

ceejay 06-25-2011 07:39 AM

LSL tonight if you love the blues!

If you love the blues, come out and see Beautiful Bobby Blackmon and the 3 B's band tonight at Lake Sumter Landing! :pepper2:

KathieI 06-25-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceejay (Post 365340)
If you love the blues, come out and see Beautiful Bobby Blackmon and the 3 B's band tonight at Lake Sumter Landing! :pepper2:

Wow, Ceejay, thanks for the info. I love Bobby Blackmon... didn't know he plays at the squares... I'll definitely will tryto be there if it doesn't rain.

If you like the Blues, every Tues and Friday nights at McCalls there are blues bands performing. McCalls is the restaurant connected with the bowling alley around the corner from Katie Belle's. Tues is a jamming session and Friday is a performance by a local blues group. Great dancing too.

BTW, I'm thinking of starting a Blues Club in TV... do you think there would be some interest by villagers?? We would charge a minimal yearly membership and would have shows at the rec centers with great blues bands. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Kathie

logdog 06-26-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceejay (Post 365340)

Thanks for the tip. We hadn't planned on going out but we do love a good blues band. This band was great. One of the most professional sounding bands we've seen on the squares. Weather also cooperated, 80 degrees and overcast. Hope they come back soon. They're not on the July calender.

teachnmo 06-26-2011 12:50 PM

Count me in!

We would love to join a Blues Club!

nkrifats 06-26-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teachnmo (Post 365774)
We would love to join a Blues Club!

Same here

ceejay 06-26-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logdog (Post 365773)
Thanks for the tip. We hadn't planned on going out but we do love a good blues band. This band was great. One of the most professional sounding bands we've seen on the squares. Weather also cooperated, 80 degrees and overcast. Hope they come back soon. They're not on the July calender.

Hi Logdog...glad you took my advice!

There's another thread going on right now about the band and how much everyone enjoyed them.

If you want to see them come back, call the entertainment center and tell them how much you loved them!

brostholder 06-26-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathieI (Post 365354)
Wow, Ceejay, thanks for the info. I love Bobby Blackmon... didn't know he plays at the squares... I'll definitely will tryto be there if it doesn't rain.

If you like the Blues, every Tues and Friday nights at McCalls there are blues bands performing. McCalls is the restaurant connected with the bowling alley around the corner from Katie Belle's. Tues is a jamming session and Friday is a performance by a local blues group. Great dancing too.

BTW, I'm thinking of starting a Blues Club in TV... do you think there would be some interest by villagers?? We would charge a minimal yearly membership and would have shows at the rec centers with great blues bands. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Kathie

Yes! Yes! Yes! Count me in. If you can figure out a way to serve beer and barbecue while I am listening to some blues it would be perfect!

2BNTV 06-26-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brostholder (Post 365842)
Yes! Yes! Yes! Count me in. If you can figure out a way to serve beer and barbecue while I am listening to some blues it would be perfect!

Great idea. Beer, Barbecue, Blues, Beautiful Bobby Blackmon & B3 Band.