Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Bobs Lawn Service (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/bobs-lawn-service-39827/)

dporta 06-27-2011 07:01 PM

Bobs Lawn Service

Hello,

We were looking for someone to mow, weed, and fertilize and found Bob's Lawn Service. We live in the Village of Duval and have been using him since February 2011. We pay one month in advance and received a notice in the mail that says, "We will no longer be servicing lawns in your area effective immediately. We apologize for the inconvenience." We were shocked because we paid him for the work ahead of time. I've left messages for him to contact us to no avail. Very disappointing! Does anyone have a recommendation for a lawn service in the Village of Duval. Thanks.

Bill-n-Brillo 06-27-2011 07:17 PM

We have a Patio Villa in Duval and have been using Honey Do Guys - 352/753-5558. Everything seems to be fine with them!

Bill :)

duffysmom 06-28-2011 11:07 AM

We just received the same notice from Bob's lawn service. We have a large lot and he was doing a great job for a good price. Here today, gone tomorrow. :shrug:

pooh 06-28-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffysmom (Post 366260)
We just received the same notice from Bob's lawn service. We have a large lot and he was doing a great job for a good price. Here today, gone tomorrow. :shrug:

He does our yard and we like his service. What village are you in duffysmom? Haven't received any notice about termination of service here in Caroline. He does the two houses on either side of us, the one across the street, one sort of behind us and one other just a couple of doors over.

h3lls1ay3r 06-29-2011 03:07 PM

i think me and adam do your lawn actually pooh lol.. we worked for bob up till last friday

dporta 06-30-2011 12:17 PM

In regard to, "I think me and adam do your lawn actually pooh lol.. we worked for bob up till last friday."

Can you tell me why he stopped servicing our lawn and if he plans on giving us our money back?

Thanks,

spk7951 06-30-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dporta (Post 366127)
Hello,

We were looking for someone to mow, weed, and fertilize and found Bob's Lawn Service. We live in the Village of Duval and have been using him since February 2011. We pay one month in advance and received a notice in the mail that says, "We will no longer be servicing lawns in your area effective immediately. We apologize for the inconvenience." We were shocked because we paid him for the work ahead of time. I've left messages for him to contact us to no avail. Very disappointing! Does anyone have a recommendation for a lawn service in the Village of Duval. Thanks.

We have been using Bob's for some time now and have not had any issues with him. In the beginning we were told we would receive a bill mid month for the current month and it was requested to be paid by the 1st of the next month.

We did call him today after reading some of these comments to see what the story was. He told us that he was dropping about two dozen accounts because they were spread out away from others and he wanted to concentrate on areas where he had higher volume.

bluedog103 06-30-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dporta (Post 366127)
Hello,

We've been using Native Cuts and they seem to be doing a decent job. They mow, weed, trim the shrubs etc.I'm pretty sure they'll do most anything you want. We've been up north since April but my neighbors say my yard looks good and from the pics they've sent I agree. We're in St. Charles, not far from Duval. If you need their number send me a P.M.

dporta 07-03-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spk7951 (Post 366888)
We have been using Bob's for some time now and have not had any issues with him. In the beginning we were told we would receive a bill mid month for the current month and it was requested to be paid by the 1st of the next month.

We did call him today after reading some of these comments to see what the story was. He told us that he was dropping about two dozen accounts because they were spread out away from others and he wanted to concentrate on areas where he had higher volume.

It would have been respectful if:
1. He contacted us ahead of time and let us know instead of "effective immediately" without any advance warning.
2. He would return our $75 payment.
3. He would answer his phone or return my call.

I would not trust him or his company because he has been dishonest.

dporta 07-03-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedog103 (Post 366924)
We've been using Native Cuts and they seem to be doing a decent job. They mow, weed, trim the shrubs etc.I'm pretty sure they'll do most anything you want. We've been up north since April but my neighbors say my yard looks good and from the pics they've sent I agree. We're in St. Charles, not far from Duval. If you need their number send me a P.M.

Yes, please provide me with a phone number for Native Cuts. Thank you for responding.

lemonstan 07-10-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dporta (Post 366821)
In regard to, "I think me and adam do your lawn actually pooh lol.. we worked for bob up till last friday."

Can you tell me why he stopped servicing our lawn and if he plans on giving us our money back?

Thanks,

If Bob owed you money he would have paid it back. You can contact him if you feel the need.
Bob's Lawn Service does not get paid in advance. He does the work first, then payment is due. He did have to cancel some lawns and did so through letters to those customers. Bob is NOT going out of business. I've had Bob's Lawn Service for over 3 years and he still provides the same quality service now as he did the first day.
In the future, it would be best to get your information straight before making comments.

RichieLion 07-10-2011 06:20 PM

I live around the bend in Bonita and I would highly recommend B&B III Home Services. That's the business of Bernie Coluccio and he's taken care of my property for 2 years with great results. For a reasonable price he and his crew which consists of his family mainly, take care of your lawn, complete with edging and blowing; trimming the bushes and weeding the beds.

He's always been reliable, and on top of that is a competent jack-of-all-trades handyman. So you don't have to keep looking for a reliable all around guy.

Call him at 352-561-4449, or email at b_b3homeservices@comcast.net

dporta 07-11-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemonstan (Post 369798)
If Bob owed you money he would have paid it back. You can contact him if you feel the need.
Bob's Lawn Service does not get paid in advance. He does the work first, then payment is due. He did have to cancel some lawns and did so through letters to those customers. Bob is NOT going out of business. I've had Bob's Lawn Service for over 3 years and he still provides the same quality service now as he did the first day.
In the future, it would be best to get your information straight before making comments.

I was actually one of his customers so I do know that he was paid ahead of time and that he did not provide service that I paid for. Besides not knowing the payment terms with him, you must not have noticed the fact that I mentioned that I've tried to contact him, left messages, and have never heard back from him. Also, you must not have read that the letter that I received from him stated he would cancel service immediately which was another issue with the service. If he knew that he did not want to service properties anymore, he should have at least provided advance warning via a notice in the mail after receiving our money. In the future, provide a comment if you truly know what has occured instead of speculating based on your experience.

duffysmom 07-11-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dporta (Post 369995)
I was actually one of his customers so I do know that he was paid ahead of time and that he did not provide service that I paid for. Besides not knowing the payment terms with him, you must not have noticed the fact that I mentioned that I've tried to contact him, left messages, and have never heard back from him. Also, you must not have read that the letter that I received from him stated he would cancel service immediately which was another issue with the service. If he knew that he did not want to service properties anymore, he should have at least provided advance warning via a notice in the mail after receiving our money. In the future, provide a comment if you truly know what has occured instead of speculating based on your experience.

I agree with the above. Bob left a lot of people hanging. One day he was here talking about trimming the shrubs and within a few days we receive a letter stating he is no longer going to service our neighborhood. A word of warning would have been appreciated; we can undersand someone being in over their heads but to walk away is unacceptable. I wouldn't trust him if you are looking for a lawn service. :mad:

peteccapo 05-03-2013 12:22 PM

Bobs Lawn Service communications

Hired him 8 weeks ago. They started cutting on Tuesdays, then change to Wed and this week never showed up. Wont return phone calls. paid him for 2 months got 4 cuts.