Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Clubs of the Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/clubs-villages-76/)
-   -   Wine tasting groups? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/clubs-villages-76/wine-tasting-groups-39842/)

Trish Crocker 06-28-2011 09:46 AM

Wine tasting groups?

Just curious...are there any wine tasting groups?? I've read some of the older posts that state that there a lot of people that would like to start one..If there'aren't any we'll start one when I move there! The first one will be at our house..we'll begin with light cool Rieslings...move on to Syrah, Merlot, Bordeaux, Cabs....and end the evening with the really good stuff...Boones Farm or Ripple paired with Cheez-whiz and crackers. (don't tell me that this wasn't your drink of choice at one time. :) )We're so looking forward to coming there next week for our 5 day livestyle visit.
:laugh:

batman911 06-28-2011 02:32 PM

I will be your second club member when I get there.

Trish Crocker 06-28-2011 02:39 PM

cool..I knew there were others with refined tastes!

l2ridehd 06-28-2011 03:01 PM

Count us in. There are many great things you can do for wine tasting events. And rotating who hosts is a great way to meet others who also enjoy the gift from the gods. I am still struggling with where to build the wine cellar in our home.

swrinfla 06-28-2011 03:15 PM

Trish:

My younger daughter and her husband are real oenophiles. They attend wine tastings almost every weekend! He is actually studying so that he can be designated "sommelier!" When they visit me, I have no say whatsoever in what wines will be served! :-)

My personal tastes are really quite simple. If I like it, I don't really care whether it's what I "should" have with my dinner, or whether I "shouldn't" even consider it!

That said, I enjoy and frequently attend wine tasting sessions on a cruise ship. I'd be happy to join your new club!

SWR
:beer3:

Trish Crocker 06-28-2011 04:00 PM

My husband and I go to a wine tasting every Thursday night...more because of socializing and friendships than for the wine. We've also done the cruise tastings and enjoyed them a lot. I think it would be fun to get together with a group of people, each one brings a bottle that he or she thinks is good...some easy appetizers..great way to meet new people! We could alternate houses...sounds like a winner to me! The wines don't have to be high end...just whatever tastes good. Only one rule..no wine snobs allowed! :)

kittylecroix 06-29-2011 08:37 AM

Wine Tasting

Hey Trish, Count me in! I know there is at least one "wine club" I've read about where they teach you about different wines.
I like your idea! Kitty

caltex63 07-25-2011 01:26 PM

Count us in as well. I think it would be great fun.

chuckinca 07-25-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trish Crocker (Post 366338)
My husband and I go to a wine tasting every Thursday night...more because of socializing and friendships than for the wine. We've also done the cruise tastings and enjoyed them a lot. I think it would be fun to get together with a group of people, each one brings a bottle that he or she thinks is good...some easy appetizers..great way to meet new people! We could alternate houses...sounds like a winner to me! The wines don't have to be high end...just whatever tastes good. Only one rule..no wine snobs allowed! :)

Count me in - I'll bring the latest vintage two buck chuck.

jojo 07-25-2011 02:36 PM

I'm interested too but am intimidated by anyone who has a wine cellar (or even cooler).

Trish Crocker 07-25-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo (Post 374390)
I'm interested too but am intimidated by anyone who has a wine cellar (or even cooler).

Actually, wine coolers are pretty good :). Smirnoff makes a good one. Just kidding..actually, my knowledge of wine consists of knowing red from white, sweet from dry and what tastes good with potato chips while watching NCIS. Other than that, I'm open to anything!

l2ridehd 07-25-2011 04:04 PM

I have a wine cellar and many bottles of really good wine. But the best part of wine is finding a really good $10 bottle and enjoying it with friends. Anyone can go find a good expensive wine. It takes talent to find good reasonable wine. And when you drink a lot of it, good reasonable wine is a must have.

chuckinca 07-25-2011 04:29 PM

Which brings us back to two buck chuck! (three buck chuck on the right side of the map)

The thing about two buck chuck is that you have to limit yourself to one glass cause a second one leads to a splitting headache. One bottle goes a long way!

BigMike 07-25-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trish Crocker (Post 366235)
Just curious...are there any wine tasting groups?? I've read some of the older posts that state that there a lot of people that would like to start one..If there'aren't any we'll start one when I move there! The first one will be at our house..we'll begin with light cool Rieslings...move on to Syrah, Merlot, Bordeaux, Cabs....and end the evening with the really good stuff...Boones Farm or Ripple paired with Cheez-whiz and crackers. (don't tell me that this wasn't your drink of choice at one time. :) )We're so looking forward to coming there next week for our 5 day livestyle visit.
:laugh:

Count me in for sure!!!!!:wine:

teachnmo 07-25-2011 05:31 PM

Count us in!

We would love to try different wines besides buying a bottle and finding out you can't stand it.