Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Pool Contractor (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/pool-contractor-39847/)

kaznerm 06-28-2011 02:58 PM

Pool Contractor

Does anyone have any recommendations on swimming pool contractors? We want to build a pool and would like an estimate from more than one contractor.

Talk Host 06-28-2011 03:43 PM

United Pool of Leesburg built us a beautiful pool. For me, it was the absolute worst contracting nightmare I ever experienced. Weeks and weeks of no action, many unreturned calls, nobody on the job who spoke English, promises, promises, promises. I will tell anybody who asks. When they were f I n a l l y done, it was a nice pool, til the sidewalls discolored.

You may have a different experience with them.

ijusluvit 06-28-2011 03:57 PM

Many people on this website have praised T & D Concrete for their work, and I can't say I've seen a negative post. Here is what I wrote two years ago:

I'll go one better. T&D built my pool and spa and did the best job of any of literally scores of contractors I've hired over the years. I had an unusually challenging site for the pool and spa. T&D spent hours with me at my home designing and redesigning. They solved several difficult problems, then completed the entire project, with birdcage, in just a few weeks - while competitors were taking months to build similar sized projects. They did a number of extra things at no additional cost and displayed a terrific customer service attitude throughout. All of this for the lowest of three bids I had.

I really like bragging about T&D. They deserve it.

A lot of the credit for my job goes to the construction supervisor, Randy Martin. If you can get him, and his pool designer wife Vera as well, you'll be happy with the results. Good Luck!

jojo 06-28-2011 04:48 PM

I got a bid from United. It was low but I smelled problems.

Kelsie52 06-28-2011 05:35 PM

We had Holland pools --they did a very nice job --Neighbors had All Seasons --they are also very satisfied --
We found T&D to be priced higher --But they also do a great job

we received estimates from all three ---

Good Luck

baileysdad 06-29-2011 07:36 AM

pool construction

Also had T&D do my pool and Randy..they are the greatest !!! Other companies would be like going to a dentist to treat cancer !!! Learned that you get what you pay for

Bogie Shooter 06-29-2011 09:25 AM

Fiesta Pools of Ocala built our pool in February. Family owned since the 1960's. Met all our expectations. Everyone spoke English and worked long hours every day. We are very satisfied. PM me and I will give you their number.

GrandmaP 10-14-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaznerm (Post 366319)
Does anyone have any recommendations on swimming pool contractors? We want to build a pool and would like an estimate from more than one contractor.

Have heard lots of praise for T&D but we called them in September and can't even get an estimate until January.

graciegirl 10-14-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandmaP (Post 762613)
Have heard lots of praise for T&D but we called them in September and can't even get an estimate until January.

That is probably because they are very good and very wanted.

junction29 10-14-2013 06:56 PM

Try Fiesta Pools

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 762650)
That is probably because they are very good and very wanted.

We are currently having a pool built by Fiesta Pools of Ocala and we are more than impressed by their work up to date, they are a family firm founded in 1960 and out of the 5 man team that turns up every day, 4 are family members. :a040:

If you PM me I will give you our address and you can come and see them working and talk to the brothers who run the company now their dad has retired. :coolsmiley:

We couldn't even get an appointment with T&D until November 20th and that was made in August!! and because we wanted something a little different, All Seasons price was stupid and their quoted time of 12 to 14 weeks just ridiculous.

Fiesta say they can finish in 4 to 5 weeks and so far are on schedule - I am an engineer and these guys are professional in every sense - measuring twice and cutting/digging/forming once :coolsmiley: very careful good quality workmen.

Houselover 10-14-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

T&D did ours last April as part of the build. We worked with Vera on the design and she was able to come up with a design exactly like we wanted. Randy was super during the install and everything works fine.We also use them for our weekly pool service and am very happy with them also. Forgot some of the basic training they give new pool owners but a telephone call restored my memory..

Bogie Shooter 10-14-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Probably by now they are enjoying their pool, thread goes back to June 2011.