Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Peachwave Yogurt (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/peachwave-yogurt-39861/)

LittleDog 06-29-2011 09:45 AM

Peachwave Yogurt

Last night my wife and I went to Peachwave Yogurt. I think that I was talking to the owners wife. I mentioned to her that I was glad that they were now open until 9:30 and possibly in the winter they would stay open until 10. She told me that she had to get permission from TV to remain open until 9:30. I guess TV has the right to dictate the hours of operations for various stores in TV. :cus:

John

katezbox 06-29-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrheydt (Post 366479)
Last night my wife and I went to Peachwave Yogurt. I think that I was talking to the owners wife. I mentioned to her that I was glad that they were now open until 9:30 and possibly in the winter they would stay open until 10. She told me that she had to get permission from TV to remain open until 9:30. I guess TV has the right to dictate the hours of operations for various stores in TV. :cus:

John

If they own the property (and they do) they call the shots....

bluedog103 06-29-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katezbox (Post 366550)
If they own the property (and they do) they call the shots....

That appears to be the case in TV. Certainly not everywhere.

katezbox 06-29-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedog103 (Post 366666)
That appears to be the case in TV. Certainly not everywhere.

Bluedog,

I think it happens in many places. It is why Chick-fil-A is in so few malls - because the leases stipulate opening on Sunday.

If you sign a lease to be open from x - y - that is when you are open. As owners of that Plaza, TV may want to control how long to light it, how much traffic at a certain hour, etc.

I'm not saying I agree with this as a consumer, but landlords have rights, too.

bluedog103 06-29-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katezbox (Post 366675)
Bluedog,

I think it happens in many places. It is why Chick-fil-A is in so few malls - because the leases stipulate opening on Sunday.

If you sign a lease to be open from x - y - that is when you are open. As owners of that Plaza, TV may want to control how long to light it, how much traffic at a certain hour, etc.

I'm not saying I agree with this as a consumer, but landlords have rights, too.

It happens but usually we have more trouble getting stores to stay open the full specified hours, much like the Chick-fil-A example you give. Doesn't have much to do with "landlord rights" but with what's stated in the lease.

katezbox 06-30-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedog103 (Post 366690)
It happens but usually we have more trouble getting stores to stay open the full specified hours, much like the Chick-fil-A example you give. Doesn't have much to do with "landlord rights" but with what's stated in the lease.

Hi Blue Dog,

I agree - I think I chose my term incorrectly when I said landlords have rights. I meant via the lease. Thanks for clarifying.

k

tpop1 06-30-2011 02:14 PM

Experience

Having owned a retail business which had one store in a "Shopping Center",
the lease for that store required hours of operation to make certain that all stores operated on the same schedule.

It is a common practice for Malls and Shopping Centers!

Our "on the main street" store had no such restriction in that lease!

_

katezbox 07-01-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpop1 (Post 366834)

Our "on the main street" store had no such restriction in that lease!

_

And a great store it was! I think there is about 10 pounds around my midsection dedicated to that shop!

Schaumburger 07-12-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrheydt (Post 366479)

John

Stopped at Peachwave this past Saturday during a rainstorm. Delicious. I'm sure there were no calories in the coffee yogurt I ate. There aren't any calories in food consumed while in TV are there???

pooh 07-12-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 370387)
Stopped at Peachwave this past Saturday during a rainstorm. Delicious. I'm sure there were no calories in the coffee yogurt I ate. There aren't any calories in food consumed while in TV are there???

There are absolutely no calories in the yogurt....none...it's the toppings....:D

The stuff is great, isn't it! :mmmm:

Bill-n-Brillo 07-12-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schaumburger (Post 370387)

You work the calories off riding around all over TV in the golf cart, right? :thumbup: That's the way Sandy and I look at it!!!! :1rotfl:

Bill :)

Schaumburger 07-13-2011 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo (Post 370415)
You work the calories off riding around all over TV in the golf cart, right? :thumbup: That's the way Sandy and I look at it!!!! :1rotfl:

Bill :)

You betcha! Hay I've used almost 1/2 tank of gas in the golf cart so far. I have one more day to use the rest of the gas before I go back to Chicago. If I drive from Chatham to Peachwave 2 or 3 times on Wednesday in the cart that should about do it.

LI SNOWBIRD 07-13-2011 07:29 AM

Have some for us

We are on LI for the summer and miss Peachwave/High Five-- can't wait to be back in the bubble.

:mmmm::icon_hungry: