Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Clubs of the Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/clubs-villages-76/)
-   -   Singles Clubs (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/clubs-villages-76/singles-clubs-39876/)

thevillages123 06-29-2011 03:37 PM

Singles Clubs

Just moved to The Villages and am looking to join a Singles Club. I see where there are at least 2 (Sumter Singles and The Vilages Singles). Does anyone have a suggestion as to preference?

champion6 06-29-2011 05:07 PM

Welcome to TOTV. The only suggestion I have is to look at messages in the section of this forum titled Singles.

korman45 06-29-2011 08:19 PM

I belong to both and enjoy both. Welcome to TOTV.

katerogers 05-07-2013 12:11 AM

What exactly do you do at the meetings and how many people attend?

Katie

Donna_martz51 08-29-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thevillages123 (Post 366598)
Just moved to The Villages and am looking to join a Singles Club. I see where there are at least 2 (Sumter Singles and The Vilages Singles). Does anyone have a suggestion as to preference?

How do I get a calendar for singles events in the villages?

kittygilchrist 08-29-2013 06:28 AM

Welcome to TV!
For non-club singles connections, try the meet and greet threads in the singles forum. We have house parties when somebody wants to have one, and anybody can announce a gathering out for dinner, dancing and so on.
We are getting to know each other personally and establishing friendships with small group interaction.
Last night, 6 of us met for dinner and planned to meet next time at Cody's (Lake Sumter Landing) on Weds., Sept 11, 6:15-6:30. Rsvp to chachacha or kittygilchrist.
And there is a singles party planned for Sept. 20, rsvp to Katerogers.

RiteLucky 08-29-2013 11:20 AM

The Villages Singles Club

I'm currently on the Board of The Villages Singles Club and would like to welcome you and hope you enjoy both clubs. We have a couple free dance classes (ballroom) that are great for meeting other members. The following is an outline of the club meetings and other activities we enjoy:
The Villages Singles Club meetings are the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month at La Hacienda Regional Recreation Center. To join the dues are $15 annually plus an initial $5 for a club badge. Guests (with official guest or resident ID) pay $5 each meeting. Registration, socializing and 50/50 ticket sales start at 6 pm, business meeting at 7pm and music to dance or listen to 7:30-9:30 pm.
OTHER ACTIVITIES:
Bowling-
Pickleball--
College Dance Lessons-- (costs about $28)
Singles Dance Club-- (free-on Fridays)
Strictly Ballroom Free Dance Lessons- (free on Thursdays beginning Sept. 5)
Dine & Dance--
Travel--
Village Golf--
Water Oaks Golf -
ALL Singles Block Party-

manaboutown 08-29-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiteLucky (Post 735458)
I'm currently on the Board of The Villages Singles Club and would like to welcome you and hope you enjoy both clubs. We have a couple free dance classes (ballroom) that are great for meeting other members. The following is an outline of the club meetings and other activities we enjoy:
The Villages Singles Club meetings are the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month at La Hacienda Regional Recreation Center. To join the dues are $15 annually plus an initial $5 for a club badge. Guests (with official guest or resident ID) pay $5 each meeting. Registration, socializing and 50/50 ticket sales start at 6 pm, business meeting at 7pm and music to dance or listen to 7:30-9:30 pm.
OTHER ACTIVITIES:
Bowling-
Pickleball--
College Dance Lessons-- (costs about $28)
Singles Dance Club-- (free-on Fridays)
Strictly Ballroom Free Dance Lessons- (free on Thursdays beginning Sept. 5)
Dine & Dance--
Travel--
Village Golf--
Water Oaks Golf -
ALL Singles Block Party-

RiteLucky, does The Villages Singles Club have an operational website? I tried the link from the Virginia Trace website to no avail.

Thanks!

RiteLucky 08-29-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 735503)
RiteLucky, does The Villages Singles Club have an operational website? I tried the link from the Virginia Trace website to no avail.

Thanks!

Sorry, we do not have a website at present. We have been trying to find a webmaster within our club with not much success. It's hard to find volunteers!!
Sumter Singles does, however, have a site: index

manaboutown 08-29-2013 02:15 PM

Thank you RiteLucky.