Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Movies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/)
-   -   any reviews on Larry Crowne (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/any-reviews-larry-crowne-39954/)

jebartle 07-02-2011 12:15 PM

any reviews on Larry Crowne

critics are not wild about it but that is not new....How do the Villagers like this new Roberts/Hanks movie?

teachnmo 07-02-2011 01:45 PM

I saw the same reviews.....

I saw the same reviews, however, I love both Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks. My husband called it a chick flick. But I thought it was very good. I would go see it again sometime. It dealt with being laid off from work, house foreclosure, retraining, and finding love. Happy ending. I always love that. :thumbup: I chose to ignore the reviewers most of the time.

GaDawg 07-02-2011 01:56 PM

Chick flick for sure

We go to the movies every week. I went with my GaPeach to see Larry Crowne on Friday afternoon. It was her week to pick the film, so it was a chick flick. Even so, I found it to be entertaining in some parts. There was a rather large crowd gathered to see the film, so I guess the critics missed the mark here in our home town. Anyway, my Peach really liked it so I got points for taking her. Ha, I get to pick next week!

damiano124 07-21-2011 12:05 AM

Rotten Tomatoes says the movie is bad but i am not sure. I am definitely going to watch it because of Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts.

LI SNOWBIRD 07-21-2011 08:19 AM

Saw it

It was just OK. I expected more from the two mega-stars.:(

Tom Hannon 07-21-2011 08:28 AM

I think Hanks and Meg Ryan make a better team. "Larry" was a nice, feel good but forgettable movie. Not extremely funny or the somewhat tear jerker "You Got Mail" and "Sleepless in Seattle" were. A nice movie. Nothing more. Nothing less.

laryb 07-21-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Hannon (Post 372997)
I think Hanks and Meg Ryan make a better team. "Larry" was a nice, feel good but forgettable movie. Not extremely funny or the somewhat tear jerker "You Got Mail" and "Sleepless in Seattle" were. A nice movie. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LI SNOWBIRD (Post 372994)
It was just OK. I expected more from the two mega-stars.:(

My sentiments exactly...

2newyorkers 07-21-2011 10:51 AM

I alos expected more. I became fixated on Tom Hanks bad makeup.

Schaumburger 07-23-2011 10:19 AM

Good, Not Great

Saw Larry Crowne last night. I enjoyed it and thought Tom Hanks did a very good job playing a man going through a major transition. I liked Julia Roberts character more as the movie went along. Watch for Rita Wilson (Tom Hank's wife) and George Takei -- his character was very funny (he was in the original Star Trek series) who have small parts in this movie. Loved Tom Hanks' neighbors who have a never ending yard sale at their home. Not a bad way to spend a couple of hours.