Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   TV must be lengthening the time between mowings!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/tv-must-lengthening-time-between-mowings-40433/)

billethkid 07-18-2011 07:24 PM

TV must be lengthening the time between mowings!!

The common areas along Buena Vista between Arnold Palmer CC and South are so tall the grass is going to seed. It looks terrible.

And I suspect there is an element of them not worrying too much about how it looks until they hear from some residents....and hopefully prospective customers.

Must be trying to save a buck.

btk

graciegirl 07-18-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 372249)
The common areas along Buena Vista between Arnold Palmer CC and South are so tall the grass is going to seed. It looks terrible.

And I suspect there is an element of them not worrying too much about how it looks until they hear from some residents....and hopefully prospective customers.

btk

Always glad to read what you say Billy, but this is bad news indeed!

LELANDJANE 07-18-2011 08:25 PM

I know they also fertilize as we did, and we're having cut our grass twice a week right and I doubt they could keep up with that.

villagegolfer 07-18-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

btk

xxxxxxxxz

Whalen 07-18-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

btk

Was at Colony Rec Center yesterday and was suprised by the condition of the lanscaping. There are the remains of a large dead palm tree in front of the center and the plantings in the center island are dead or almost dead.

kaydee 07-18-2011 10:01 PM

I was just today commenting on the shrubbery in the median on Buena Vista at the Polo Field intersection. A lot of dead and crushed bushes. Also does anyone know who should be contacted regarding the eye sore of the traffic light poles that are peeling and in dire need of paint? El Camino Real at the Alhambra/Santiago area is a mess as well as others.

graciegirl 07-19-2011 06:00 AM

We had dead palm trees in the plantings behind us at Odell Center. They replaced them. I am guessing there might be an optimum time to plant trees even here where the growing season goes on and on.

I wonder why they haven't changed out the flowers at Colony. The extreme heat may have killed them off, but usually about every six to ten weeks, I have seen them replace the seasonal flowers with ones more appropriate to the climate for that part of the year.

One of my favorite things is the attention given to the common areas. It is a huge and very expensive undertaking that I appreciate very much.

Bogie Shooter 07-19-2011 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaydee (Post 372302)
I was just today commenting on the shrubbery in the median on Buena Vista at the Polo Field intersection. A lot of dead and crushed bushes. Also does anyone know who should be contacted regarding the eye sore of the traffic light poles that are peeling and in dire need of paint? El Camino Real at the Alhambra/Santiago area is a mess as well as others.

District Property Management 753-4022.

billethkid 07-19-2011 07:30 AM

Perhaps we are witnessing what residents north of 466 were complaining about as the building/development activity gets further and further away. The sales routine certainly does not include visiting the old and older areas, hence there is a priority.

And it won't get any better or change until or unless we residents call and make our dislikes known....

btk

jblum315 07-19-2011 07:49 AM

[QUOTE=billethkid;372349]Perhaps we are witnessing what residents north of 466 were complaining about as the building/development activity gets further and further away. The sales routine certainly does not include visiting the old and older areas, hence there is a priority.

It's a shame because the old and older villages are in many ways the loveliest and most charming. I had to beg my sales rep to show me the "historic" areas.

Bogie Shooter 07-19-2011 07:50 AM

Buena Vista from Palmer Country Club south, the east side was mowed yesterday 7/19 and the west side is being mowed this morning. Perhaps all the rain has put the contractors a little behind.
Are we trying to find fault where there is none?

chuckster 07-19-2011 07:56 AM

Uh Oh!!..The sky is falling.......:22yikes:

Whalen 07-19-2011 09:05 AM

Don't think the sky is falling but the landscaping in front of Colony is nasty.

Oh did I mention that there are gazing balls, whirley gigs and a pink flamingo in Hemingway? Sorry to say there are.

Maybe the sky is falling.

momesu 07-19-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalen (Post 372382)

Oh did I mention that there are gazing balls, whirley gigs and a pink flamingo in Hemingway? Sorry to say there are.

If figures just when I want to move to paradise that paradise falls apart.......:cryin2:
Suzanne

Bogie Shooter 07-19-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalen (Post 372382)

Complaining here will do no good. Call deed compliance and let them handle the pink flamingo's. 751-3912, 751-6719