Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Villages News (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-villages-news-82/)
-   -   Update to Talk of the Villages - Movie Times (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-villages-news-82/update-talk-villages-movie-times-41119/)

TOTV Team 08-09-2011 11:59 PM

Update to Talk of the Villages - Movie Times

We wanted to let everyone know that on the Homepage in the 'Navigation' module we added a quick link to Movie Times. If you are ever interested in what movies are playing in The Villages and the times you can click this quick link. We hope you find this helpful and adds value to your time on Talk of the Villages!

chuckinca 08-10-2011 12:17 AM

Found it - upper left (near social groups).

Thanks

jblum315 08-10-2011 06:31 AM

I must be dim. I can't find the Navigation module?

Bill-n-Brillo 08-10-2011 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jblum315 (Post 380037)
I must be dim. I can't find the Navigation module?

I found it along the left, towards top of the screen. It's in a box labeled "Site Navigation".

Hope that helps!

Bill :)

sunflower3630 08-10-2011 06:56 PM

Admin ~

I think adding a link to the movie times is a very nice addition! But I'm wondering if it could come up in a separate window, just like any other link clicked on in messages. Out of habit we might close the movie times window, thereby closing TOTV. Just my humble opinion...

BTW, I think you are doing a terrific job! I totally agree with the closing of recent threads. You sensed the discussion was going in a wrong direction and "nipped it in the bud". Your judgement was correct. Please keep up the good work, and thank you for letting us have fun here on TOTV.

TOTV Team 08-10-2011 07:03 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback. We won't always get it right but will do our best. That is a good idea about having a separate browser open with the movie times. I'll have to do some research and see how we can accomplish that. Great suggestion!:thumbup:

RichieLion 08-10-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunflower3630 (Post 380401)
Admin ~

I think adding a link to the movie times is a very nice addition! But I'm wondering if it could come up in a separate window, just like any other link clicked on in messages. Out of habit we might close the movie times window, thereby closing TOTV. Just my humble opinion...

BTW, I think you are doing a terrific job! I totally agree with the closing of recent threads. You sensed the discussion was going in a wrong direction and "nipped it in the bud". Your judgement was correct. Please keep up the good work, and thank you for letting us have fun here on TOTV.

Right click on the link and you can open another window yourself; or another tab if you prefer.

I agree that its a nice new addition. Thanks Admin!!

uujudy 08-10-2011 07:43 PM

That is so cool! Thanks!

sunflower3630 08-10-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieLion (Post 380405)
Right click on the link and you can open another window yourself; or another tab if you prefer.

I agree that its a nice new addition. Thanks Admin!!

Thank you, Richie! I never knew that! I tried it and it works perfectly! I always learn something new here at TOTV, thanks to all the wonderful posters. :BigApplause:

FMF Doc 08-10-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 380002)
We wanted to let everyone know that on the Homepage in the 'Navigation' module we added a quick link to Movie Times. If you are ever interested in what movies are playing in The Villages and the times you can click this quick link. We hope you find this helpful and adds value to your time on Talk of the Villages!

:BigApplause:

pooh 08-10-2011 08:23 PM

That's great Admin, thank you very much!