Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Finally a refreshing Summer morning (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/finally-refreshing-summer-morning-42249/)

EdV 09-07-2011 12:46 PM

Finally a refreshing Summer morning

After two months of relentlessly hot days with heat index values above 100, we finally got a pleasant break today. This morning it was only 71 and not humid when I stepped out onto the patio. I couldn’t wait to go out in my cart and enjoy some fresh air. Tooled over to FirstWatch for a delightful brunch.

By 1:00 the heat index was only around 83. Things are looking up down here weather wise.

ceejay 09-07-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdVinMass (Post 391463)
After two months of relentlessly hot days with heat index values above 100, we finally got a pleasant break today. This morning it was only 71 and not humid when I stepped out onto the patio. I couldn’t wait to go out in my cart and enjoy some fresh air. Tooled over to FirstWatch for a delightful brunch.

By 1:00 the heat index was only around 83. Things are looking up down here weather wise.

I agree...it was a wonderous morning with no humidity...and the day is turning out beautifully...only the best for those of us here in The Villages!:a040:

senior citizen 09-07-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdVinMass (Post 391463)

It's because all of the HUMIDITY is now up here in Vermont.

Unbelievable stretch of thick humid air mass with all the constant rain.

Our daytime temperature is 60 even.....but very damp with humidity, not the way September usually is. Climate change for sure.

Rivers, creeks, brooks and streams are rising again and they are predicting even more rain with flash flooding.....not just in Vermont, but all over the east coast.

Shimpy 09-07-2011 04:34 PM

Got in the golf cart at 9:00 this morning heading to the gym and felt a little chilly. Left the gym at 10:00 and my glasses didn't fog up. Low humidity and temps. I love it.

champion6 09-07-2011 06:56 PM

You're making me homesick... for my NEW HOME. We will be frogs in October!

pooh 09-07-2011 07:15 PM

It was a nice day here, I agree. Headed out the door this morning to go bowling and actually felt a little chill....it was WONDERFUL!

Seems like it's been a very long, hot, summer and personally, I'm looking forward to cooler weather.

eweissenbach 09-07-2011 08:02 PM

It has been almost as hot and sometimes hotter here in northern Mo. this summer than it has been in TV. We got a break on Sunday and since then our mornings have been in the low 50s and daytime temps in the 70s. Love autumn weather, even though it is technically not autumn yet!

JenAjd 09-07-2011 08:25 PM

Was standing in a line waiting to be waited on in a store this morning. A woman came in looking like she'd been strung through a key-hole. She went on to say "I have to lean here, on something, I cannot stand this humidity here!" I didn't say anything---didn't seem like she'd appreciate it---but wanted to say "THEN you should have been here last week! You'd really have had trouble in that case!" Not sure if she's a local or just visiting but also wanted to aske her what planet she thought she was on. I have to agree that today was just plain lovely!!!!!

Schaumburger 09-07-2011 09:05 PM

Want nice weather!!

Keep the nice weather coming in TV. I will be back in TV on Oct. 7. Almost need a jacket here in Chicago in the mornings the past few days -- low 50's when I leave for work in the morning...no more A/C needed here.