Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   10 Best Fast Food Restaurants in/around TV (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/10-best-fast-food-restaurants-around-tv-42611/)

Yorio 09-16-2011 04:05 PM

10 Best Fast Food Restaurants in/around TV

We enjoy IHOP's breakfast, especially the Senior Sampler. We also like glazed donuts from Dunkin Donuts. We like them better in TV. Is that because the turnover is big? Sorry to hear about Johnny Rocket closing as I liked their milkshakes. Are there any Sonic fast foods around because their shakes are good though not their hot dogs. Subway is always good in Colony Plaza.

renrod 09-16-2011 04:59 PM

Johnny Rockets closing??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorio (Post 395183)
We enjoy IHOP's breakfast, especially the Senior Sampler. We also like glazed donuts from Dunkin Donuts. We like them better in TV. Is that because the turnover is big? Sorry to hear about Johnny Rocket closing as I liked their milkshakes. Are there any Sonic fast foods around because their shakes are good though not their hot dogs. Subway is always good in Colony Plaza.

It's about time. Maybe turn it into a Steak n Shake.

starflyte1 09-16-2011 05:37 PM

Sonic is just North of TV on 441 just past Walmart.

TednRobin 09-16-2011 06:23 PM

Any word what will replace Johnny Rockets? I like Panera's myself if that qualifies for fast food chain. But I can't wait to try Brooklyn Bagels.
5 weeks till we get to TV:a040:

eweissenbach 09-16-2011 07:10 PM

Golden Corral has an excellent Sunday Brunch - omlettes made to order. Subway is always good. I would love to see a White Castle in TV.

mrfixit 09-16-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renrod (Post 395211)
It's about time. Maybe turn it into a Steak n Shake.

....Iffen ya likes that thar Steak n Shake....just head out on CR 466 west....thar it be..........right next to the Golden Corral............just a bit B4 ya gits ta the newer Wal-mart.... We ate there today....YUP..it bees one of my favs too. Ask to sit in Joanne's area... she is worth the price of admission....unless ya cain't take no ribbin'....

mrfixit 09-16-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TednRobin (Post 395265)
Any word what will replace Johnny Rockets? I like Panera's myself if that qualifies for fast food chain. But I can't wait to try Brooklyn Bagels.
5 weeks till we get to TV:a040:

.....your wish has come true...there is a Panera's where "The Veranda" used to be....right there at Lake Sumter Landing......AND yes the one in Spanish Springs is still going strong too..................Now for the Johnny Rockets location at LSL............well......ANY type of "Squat n Gobble" would be better than "that" Johnny Rockets.........

Bonsai Golfer 09-17-2011 09:28 PM

Jonny Rockets

I agree. Jonny Rockets is no loss.

Schaumburger 09-17-2011 09:52 PM

Never ate at Johnny Rockets because of all the bad reviews on TOTV. When did it close? I haven't been to TV since July and it was open then.

chuckinca 09-17-2011 10:17 PM

Johnny Rockets had the best location in LSL and should have been a major attraction and a BIG money maker. However, the management of Johnny Rockets in LSL did the best job they could of screwing up a good thing.

Nearly every time we went in there the place was nearly empty and you still had to wait 45 minutes for a burger.

tainsley 09-18-2011 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckinca (Post 395793)
Johnny Rockets had the best location in LSL and should have been a major attraction and a BIG money maker. However, the management of Johnny Rockets in LSL did the best job they could of screwing up a good thing.

Nearly every time we went in there the place was nearly empty and you still had to wait 45 minutes for a burger.

:agree: Went in there last October while waiting to meet our realtor. Three customers, six wait staff and they were QUIETLY arguing over who was going to wait on us! We QUIETLY walked out the door! We were surprised to see them still there on our vist in July!

mask1810 09-18-2011 06:05 PM

johnny rockets

good riddance! Happy days are here to see that place gone........and on prime real estate!!! Disgusting is all i can say for that nasty place!!!! Lookin and hopin to see a NICE restaurant take over

batman911 09-18-2011 08:25 PM

How about an Irish Pub?

mrfixit 09-18-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batman911 (Post 396118)
How about an Irish Pub?

......OMG.....He77 YEA..!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....we could sure use a "McCaffertys Pub"............ The McCaffertys I frequent is........... http://mccaffertyspub.blogspot.com/

GeorgeT 09-20-2011 06:38 AM

We could use a Hooters!