Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   New Member (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/new-member-44547/)

Rosemarie Adcock 11-02-2011 08:39 AM

:wave:Hi everyone! I am a new member to this list. My husband and I live south of the Villages and seem to spend more and more time visiting as we are getting to know this wonderful community. I am a fine artist and founder of a charitable organization which also keeps us busy. I am looking forward to being a part of this delightful community even in this small way!
Rosemarie

quirky3 11-02-2011 09:02 AM

Welcome to TOTV! Hope you really enjoy your time here!

Rosemarie Adcock 11-02-2011 09:21 AM

thank you

Thank you so much! Someone actually read my post! I am excited!

2BNTV 11-02-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosemarie Adcock (Post 413500)
:wave:Hi everyone! I am a new member to this list. My husband and I live south of the Villages and seem to spend more and more time visiting as we are getting to know this wonderful community. I am a fine artist and founder of a charitable organization which also keeps us busy. I am looking forward to being a part of this delightful community even in this small way!
Rosemarie

Rosemarie:

:welcome to TOTV. I am so happy you decided to post.

This site is entertaing and additive. Hope you keep on posting. :)

Uptown Girl 11-02-2011 09:47 AM

Love your avatar.... you ARE a fine artist! :welcome:

Rosemarie Adcock 11-02-2011 09:56 AM

Thank you! How does anyone know one another's names??

graciegirl 11-02-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uptown Girl (Post 413536)
Love your avatar.... you ARE a fine artist! :welcome:

Welcome to you Rosemarie.

I can see that you are a fine artist.

I am an unfine artist, but I am working on it.

You will love it here!

2BNTV 11-02-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosemarie Adcock (Post 413549)
Thank you! How does anyone know one another's names??

I see your in Leesburg which is close to TV.

There is a luncheon held every third Friday at Crispers starting at 3 PM.

Crispers is in the Southern Trace Mall on 466. You can convert screen names to real names at this function or keep on the site and become friends with people and you will learn there real names.

Joe

Rosemarie Adcock 11-02-2011 10:45 AM

regarding artists

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 413551)
Welcome to you Rosemarie.

I can see that you are a fine artist.

I am an unfine artist, but I am working on it.

You will love it here!

Gracie
I am so surprised and happy people read my post and are so welcoming. so nice. Regarding artists, keep working at it. Most of it is being able to learn to see and then go from there. I have a painting going in to the Museum of Florida Art in Deland on the 11th, and while I was working on that one, I posted pictures on my website under the Works in Progress link so people could see how it was constructed. Sometimes just understanding how things are made is half the journey. The rest is just to keep doing it! Don't give up!

Yorio 11-02-2011 10:59 AM

Rosemarie. Welcome to TOTV. Your avatar is very intriguing. Do you show your art at the art festival either in LSL/SS or Lady Lake? Sometime back I posted on TOTV what kind of art works people hang in their homes in TV and I got interesting replies. You might want to check it out. I think you just do a search on art works. For a long while my wife was involved in art as an art dealer and although we don't buy art anymore, we are always interested.

Rosemarie Adcock 11-02-2011 11:13 AM

art fests

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorio (Post 413582)
Rosemarie. Welcome to TOTV. Your avatar is very intriguing. Do you show your art at the art festival either in LSL/SS or Lady Lake? Sometime back I posted on TOTV what kind of art works people hang in their homes in TV and I got interesting replies. You might want to check it out. I think you just do a search on art works. For a long while my wife was involved in art as an art dealer and although we don't buy art anymore, we are always interested.

I haven't been at these festivals partly because we are relatively new here and I am not yet aware of them, but because many of my frames are gold leaf, therefore fragile, I am cautious about outdoor exhibits. I did one a number of years ago and I won't recall here what it was like trying to avoid being struck by lightning while saving pictures from rain while the cub scout troop looked at us as though we were out of our minds, undoubtedly while the troop leader used us as an example of what not to do during a thunderstorm. No I won't recall that :) but it did make me gun-shy. Perhaps it is time to reconsider those exhibits. Are there any coming up shortly that we might attend?

As I mentioned, I have a larger painting 60 x 72 opening at the Museum of Florida Art in Deland on 11.11 at 5pm. (Their 6th Biennial Exhibition) It is a nice evening with lovely hors 'oeuvres. The Avatar is a detail of that painting called Adam Naming the Animals and the Appearance of Eve. As you likely have guessed, the Avatar is Eve. Anyway my site if you want to see it is www.RosemarieAdcock.com. Not all my work is that large.

I will check out the posting you mentioned. I am very interested to see what folks said in reply to your question. Thanks so much. (:

Rosemarie Adcock 11-02-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorio (Post 413582)

Yorio,
We are somewhat new to FL so I am not yet aware of all the shows. When do these occur that you mentioned?

Regarding the Avatar, it is a detail of "Eve" in the painting Adam Naming the Animals and the Appearance of Eve . You can see my site address at my contact info.
I will look up the post you mentioned. Curious to see those replies! :)

Indydealmaker 11-02-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosemarie Adcock (Post 413571)
Gracie
I am so surprised and happy people read my post and are so welcoming. so nice. Regarding artists, keep working at it. Most of it is being able to learn to see and then go from there. I have a painting going in to the Museum of Florida Art in Deland on the 11th, and while I was working on that one, I posted pictures on my website under the Works in Progress link so people could see how it was constructed. Sometimes just understanding how things are made is half the journey. The rest is just to keep doing it! Don't give up!

Rosemarie, Welcome to our little community of Talkers. Why don't you post the link to your website so we can see some of your work?

Rosemarie Adcock 11-02-2011 12:22 PM

paintings

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indydealmaker (Post 413625)
Rosemarie, Welcome to our little community of Talkers. Why don't you post the link to your website so we can see some of your work?

I think the moderator won't let it post, as I had it in a previous reply which twice hasn't posted. It is my name without spaces, RosemarieAdcock then add the com

Also I think you can see my contact info and it is listed there.

thank you so much for asking. ;)
Also the reception at the museum is open to the public. Nice hor's douevres, too. :)

Rosemarie Adcock 11-02-2011 12:31 PM

still getting this

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indydealmaker (Post 413625)

Steven, ok if you click on my name next to the Avatar there is a drop down menu, them click on "Visit Rosemarie Adcock's Homepage" It takes you directly to the site, where you see Eve again. (: