Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Villager arrested Saturday for attempted murder (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/villager-arrested-saturday-attempted-murder-44768/)

graciegirl 11-08-2011 07:27 AM

Villager arrested Saturday for attempted murder

For those off campus and for those that say the Sun doesn't print bad news.

The Daily Sun reported this morning that a man who lives on Heathrow Avenue in The Villages was arrested Saturday at his residence here for attempting to murder his wife with a large knife.

Bill-n-Brillo 11-08-2011 07:49 AM

:shocked:

YIKES!!

Bill :)

Chief X 11-08-2011 07:57 AM

Now Gracie, you do realize that you just totally ruined hundreds of lives living here who believe that nothing ever bad happens in paradise. jeez...

pooh 11-08-2011 08:16 AM

How sad. Heathrow is over in Orange Blossom, correct?

angiefox10 11-08-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 415471)
For those off campus and for those that say the Sun doesn't print bad news.

The Daily Sun reported this morning that a man who lives on Heathrow Avenue in The Villages was arrested Saturday at his residence here for attempting to murder his wife with a large knife.

Well... There goes the neighborhood....

2BNTV 11-08-2011 08:49 AM

:ohdear: How sad this happened.

jebartle 11-08-2011 08:53 AM

so so sorry for this post BUT

Do you suppose they couldn't agree on paint color???????

I know, I will go straight to my room!!!!!:loco::loco:

Figmo Bohica 11-08-2011 08:55 AM

All snide stuff aside, as things come out about this, he might have a medical problem that would have financially ruined them, he is only 60 years old. Going to prison, you get free medical care, free food, a free place to stay and if the problem is terminal, you won't be there long. This has happened more that once.

You can place the blame on the high cost of medical treatment and insurance. It is really sad that some people have to solve their problems this way.

jblum315 11-08-2011 09:19 AM

I also thought of "suicide by cop."

JimJoe 11-08-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Figmo Bohica (Post 415489)
graciegirl, he also tried to strangle her, then wanted the police to shoot him. Guess that buggyone will now want to outlaw and register hands as well as kitchen knifes. Oh, where will it ever end.

was the knife "registered"?

paulandjean 11-08-2011 10:26 AM

Do not think "High cost of medical treatment and insurance" has anything to do with this situation. Not sure how you came up with that idea. I think it is sad.

HelenLCSW 11-08-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Figmo Bohica (Post 415495)
All snide stuff aside, as things come out about this, he might have a medical problem that would have financially ruined them, he is only 60 years old. Going to prison, you get free medical care, free food, a free place to stay and if the problem is terminal, you won't be there long. This has happened more that once.

You can place the blame on the high cost of medical treatment and insurance. It is really sad that some people have to solve their problems this way.

I suppose anything is possible but the odds are greater that is was a mental or psychological issue. If a person is mentally and psychologically stable he/she is able to resolve extreme issues more appropriately.

DDoug 11-08-2011 10:48 AM

You folks really come up with some wild conclusions you should write novels

duffysmom 11-08-2011 11:00 AM

Most often it's alcohol related.:wine:

memason 11-08-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDoug (Post 415530)
You folks really come up with some wild conclusions you should write novels

Ain't that the truth! :loco: