Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   NFL Football (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/)
-   -   Buffalo Bills Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/buffalo-bills-talk-44848/)

Alex 09-07-2008 01:22 PM

Go Bills!

The team is finally intact with the return of their All-Pro left tackle Jason Peters! Although they lost a starting linebacker (Crowell) to knee surgery, they are getting the pieces together for a play-off run. They are off most people's radar, but they could be the surprise team of the season. Injuries hurt them last year, but if they stay healthy who knows?

Any other Bills fans out there???

ijusluvit 09-08-2008 01:12 AM

Re: Go Bills!

You Bet!

And I don't care if everybody else in TV loves the Cowboys, Giants, Packers etc, The Bills are my team. I've always loved the underdog and hope to live long enough to watch them win a Super Bowl. Today's game was a good start, and typical of what I think the year will be like; very good defense, struggling offense and phenomenal special teams. Can two out of three be enough?

Go Bills!

Mallory 09-08-2008 01:25 AM

Is there are restaurant, club, bar, etc. in The Villages where Bills games are featured?

Alex 09-08-2008 02:05 AM

I think there is a Bills club that meets at local bars. I saw a sign last year at Crazy Gringos, but don't know if they still meet there. I will be full time at the Villages next year, so I will be looking for a place to meet up too.

Great game today. No costly mistakes, great defense, and exciting special teams. Seattle is not a slouch, but they could do little today in Buffalo. Should be an exciting year!

Rokinronda 09-08-2008 02:22 AM

WTG N.E. Patriots YES YES YES!!!

PATRIOTS!!!!!!! woohooooo!!

Mallory 09-08-2008 02:22 AM

If you're still in Blo, try Checkers at Hertel & Parker.

Alex 09-08-2008 02:36 AM

Ok I will. Thanks Mallory.
Going to bed now.

Go Bills!

ijusluvit 09-09-2008 01:22 AM

Rockinrhonda,

You deserve a good spanking!

Alex 09-09-2008 03:40 AM

In the Sun(village newspaper) it says Crazy Gringos is home to the Bills fans for the last 5 years. A quote from the paper "We come to be surrounded by Bills fans..."

Great! See ya there sometime.

Go Bills!

Alex 09-14-2008 09:37 PM

Great game today!! Go Bills!

JohnN 09-14-2008 11:50 PM

Bills looked tough!

Number 6 09-16-2008 05:51 PM

There is a Bills Backers chapter in The Villages. Go the the Bills web site to either join, or add this Chapter to your profile. I belong to the Southern Tier Chapter as well. They (or we, as I just got here) meet for the games at Crazy Gringo's.
The Bills are now the class of the AFC East. Hey, the Pats beat the Cheifs and Jets. Wow!

Alex 09-21-2008 04:09 PM

The First-Place Bills!

Despite an atypical breakdown of the special teams today, the fourth quarter for the Bills was as exciting as it gets in the NFL. I think the Raiders got tired, and the Bills didn't. Another great come-back, and thanks to Miami, they go in front of the Pats. What a day!!

Best Mom 09-22-2008 04:06 PM

I am a Bills fan too!

What a game on Sunday! 3-0 Go Bills!:a040:

JohnN 09-22-2008 04:29 PM

I'm not really a Bills fan, but I'll give 'em credit, they're playing fine ball these days,

I'm a bit weary of the Pats winning all the time, go Bills