Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   NFL Football (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/)
-   -   New England Patriots Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/new-england-patriots-talk-47851/)

ajbrown 10-17-2010 08:21 AM

Where to watch football (Patriots)

I know this has been talked about, but darned if I can find a useful thread.

I would like to watch the Patriots game today and wondering about places folks like to go that has some beer, food and decent tv viewing.

I usually ride up to Beef O'Brady's by 42 as my Dad is in Chatham, but he is still up north, so would like to try somewhere new.

Any recommendations for places to watch football?

Thanks

Doreen 10-17-2010 08:39 AM

Being avid Patriot fans we have been also looking for the best place to go. Since the beginning of this season we have been going to Beef O'Bradys at Colony Plaza. We were in RJGators the other day and they advertise that they show all the games. Also, Fridays is advertising the same.

Doreen

ajbrown 10-17-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doreen (Post 299840)
Being avid Patriot fans we have been also looking for the best place to go. Since the beginning of this season we have been going to Beef O'Bradys at Colony Plaza. We were in RJGators the other day and they advertise that they show all the games. Also, Fridays is advertising the same.

Doreen

Thanks. My fall back is Beef's, if it works out that way, I am due for a cheese burger roll up anyway :)

Any opinions on Gator's Dockside for game day viewing?

laryb 10-17-2010 09:06 AM

Also a Patriots fan, and count in the Sox, Celtics and Bruins too! :coolsmiley: When we're hopefully full time next year, I'll be looking for a place too. Let me know if you find something good, or I'll have get the NFL game package, and then you can come over to my place!!

ajbrown 10-18-2010 08:58 AM

Gator's Dockside for football

Yesterday I tried Gator's Dockside for the Patriots game. My wife and I arrived at 12:30 figuring we would slip into the bar or wherever the Pat's game was showing. We would have had as good a chance sneaking into the stadium at Foxboro without tickets! I was blown away by the crowd, the place was rocking!

The "Patriot's viewing room" that day was the pub immediately on the left as you walk in, it was full. The bar did not have the Pats, but it would not have mattered there was no room for us there either.

Out in the main dining room was mostly the Steelers game, but there was one television with the Patriots on in the far left corner (looking from the bar) by the kitchen. There were no tables, so a staff member named Debbie took us out to a empty space on the floor right by the kitchen exit and said, you wait here. She went outside, grabbed a patio table, went off somewhere else and found two chairs, then leveled the wobbly patio table with some paper towels. We thanked her and her response was "that is what I do". :thumbup: for Debbie

The service was very good, being considerate of the fact the place was a mob scene! The place cleared and was pretty empty for the 4 PM game, which leads me to believe the crowds depend greatly on the teams playing.

Everything about the day was positive, but we are not sure this will replace Beef Obrady's on 42. Will see what Dad says upon his return.

If you want to try it, call ahead at around 11:30, find out where you team is showing and ask the person what time they feel it will fill up.

I called at 11:55 AM, she said you better get here soon (oops). She said it will fill up before 12:30 today. I made it as fast as my cart would take me, I mean at 19.9 MPH, but was a bit late at 12:30.

Great televisions, Great place, get there early.

Pat_RI 11-07-2010 01:33 PM

I am heading down next week any update on the best place to watch the Pat's and other New England sports...Bruins/Celts?

EdV 11-07-2010 02:13 PM

No room at the bar to watch your favorite home team play and the game is not on your TV? No problem, watch it on your PC at www.atdhe.net

It’ll require you to install an add-in to your browser but that’s all you need. Reliability is good with no stuttering or pauses. Picture quality is standard def at best, but beats the alternative and it’s free.

Enjoy

jdsl1998 09-09-2011 01:41 PM

Cannot use this site. It says that the U.S. Government took it over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdVinMass (Post 306263)
No room at the bar to watch your favorite home team play and the game is not on your TV? No problem, watch it on your PC at www.atdhe.net

It’ll require you to install an add-in to your browser but that’s all you need. Reliability is good with no stuttering or pauses. Picture quality is standard def at best, but beats the alternative and it’s free.

Enjoy

Bosoxfan 09-25-2011 11:48 AM

The Year Of The Patriots!!

http://www.dazzlejunction.com/graphi...triots-fan.gif

BRING THE LOMBARDI BACK TO NEW ENGLAND !!!

bkcunningham1 09-25-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosoxfan (Post 398554)
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/graphi...triots-fan.gif

BRING THE LOMBARDI BACK TO NEW ENGLAND !!!

Eighteen wins; one Giant loss..... Goooo Giants. ;)

natickdan 09-25-2011 12:33 PM

I'm watching the Pats - Bills game right now and the Pats are up 14 - 0. Yes, I'm smiling in Natick!

Tom Hannon 09-25-2011 12:47 PM

Just pray the Pats don't fizzle at the end of the year like the Red Sox did.

swimdawg 09-25-2011 03:22 PM

The Buffalo Bills

Quote:

Originally Posted by natickdan (Post 398577)
I'm watching the Pats - Bills game right now and the Pats are up 14 - 0. Yes, I'm smiling in Natick!

It's the YEAR OF THE BUFFALO BILLS! YAY! :a040::a040::a040::a040:

ijusluvit 09-25-2011 03:26 PM

OMG!!!!! Pats 31, My Bills, 34

tkret 09-25-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ijusluvit (Post 398699)
OMG!!!!! Pats 31, My Bills, 34

Way to go Buffalo Bills, New York's ONLY NFL football team!