Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Let Trader Joes know we want them in TV (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/let-trader-joes-know-we-want-them-tv-47997/)

LvmyPug2 01-25-2012 06:39 PM

Let Trader Joes know we want them in TV

I love Trader Joes and have really missed shopping there since moving to TV. They are now considering adding 5 locations in Florida. They truly listen when people ask them to locate a store in their community. I know many of us would LOVE a TJs in or near TV. If you agree, let them know. Here is a link to their website:

Trader Joe's

Scroll down to "Contact Trader Joes" select "Location Request" from the drop down menu and let them know we would love to see them here.

Thanks PS, I have no connection to Trader Joes, except for a serious addition to their pineapple salsa :icon_wink:

westcoast 01-25-2012 06:46 PM

Trader Joes

I would like to see a Trader Joes here too. I wonder if they would put
one close to where there is an Aldi's as they would be competing
against one of there own. They are owned by the same company.

CTgolfer 01-26-2012 08:08 AM

We were very fortunate to have a Trader Joe's in Danbury, CT before we moved to TV. I must admit, though, that we didn't frequent the store often because we didn't find products that we "had to have". Please share with me what you have bought in Trader Joe's that makes us want to have their store locally.

rockyisle 01-26-2012 08:25 AM

Trade Joe's

Okay, I've sent my email. Wonder how many more of us will beg them to be here. I miss everything about Trader Joe's and brought a duffle bag full of their goodies back with us from our recent trip away from TV...

LvmyPug2 01-26-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTgolfer (Post 445438)
We were very fortunate to have a Trader Joe's in Danbury, CT before we moved to TV. I must admit, though, that we didn't frequent the store often because we didn't find products that we "had to have". Please share with me what you have bought in Trader Joe's that makes us want to have their store locally.

For us it was a cheaper option to whole foods. We loved their organic fruits and vegetables. We found their store brands of very high quality and their cheese and meats were high quality and much cheaper than other grocers. We also liked "two buck chuck" wine.

salpal 01-26-2012 08:52 AM

Love Trader Joes

I posted something similar some time ago, let's hope that Trader Joe's listens to us. I commented to their website that Forbes lists us as America's fastest growing town, maybe that will help.

Dirigo 01-26-2012 10:25 AM

People, people, people...

If you only knew what goes into deciding where to build a store you'd realize that customer's pleadings have no influence on that decision.

I work in a job that gave me access to the study that Hannaford supermarket a.k.a. "Sweet Bay" did prior to building a new store in Maine.

The reasearch regarding market share, demographics, traffic volume, competition, and forecasts for business decades in the future fills volumes of three ring binders with technical data and spreadsheets.

If the reasearch shows they can make their profit margin in a location there is almost no power or reasonable expense that would prevent them from building there. Likewise, if the reseach shows they cannot make their profit margin, nothing will convince them to build there.

Writing emails to TG to make your desire for a local store known may make you feel better, but it most likely have no influence on whether TG will locate a store here.

I'm just sayin'...

Bill-n-Brillo 01-26-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirigo (Post 445489)
.........Writing emails to TG to make your desire for a local store known may make you feel better, but it most likely have no influence on whether TG will locate a store here. ...........

But it might cause Trader Joe's to put it on their list of potential locales to consider, would it not?

Bill :)

BogeyBoy 01-26-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo (Post 445502)
But it might cause Trader Joe's to put it on their list of potential locales to consider, would it not?

Bill :)

:agree:

graciegirl 01-26-2012 11:56 AM

Betcha a nickle that if a BUNCH of us emailed them, it would make someone take notice. Like a couple thousand?

Every little bit helps, the old lady said, as she peed in the sea............

zcaveman 01-26-2012 12:12 PM

I posted this on one of the other Trader Joe threads. This is from a friend in TV:

Trader Joe's has decided to add 5 more stores in Florida and are currently looking in Gainesville and Orlando. The Villages Real Estate agent is trying to get the developers for Trader Joe's to visit here, but they rarely rely on real estate sales people.

They do have the petition of over 800 names but it is time to step up the recognition of the Villages.

I propose on February 1, 2012, everyone access the Trader Joe's website, go to the contact page and use the request a location drop down to submit your name, email address and request for the Villages. If hundreds and hundreds are sent in on one day, they would need to pay attention to The Villages, or we can only hope.

You will get a computer email generated from them but you will not be added to any spam list.

Trader Joe's

Thank you all so much in your efforts, please pass along to everyone you know that will take a minute sometime on the 1st to show Trader Joe's how much we want them here.

Please pass along so we can have lots of action on February 1.

CaptJohn 01-26-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo (Post 445502)

:agree: Absolutely! Power to the people with the squeaky wheel.

SALYBOW 01-26-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirigo (Post 445489)
People, people, people...

If you only knew what goes into deciding where to build a store you'd realize that customer's pleadings have no influence on that decision.

I work in a job that gave me access to the study that Hannaford supermarket a.k.a. "Sweet Bay" did prior to building a new store in Maine.

The reasearch regarding market share, demographics, traffic volume, competition, and forecasts for business decades in the future fills volumes of three ring binders with technical data and spreadsheets.

If the reasearch shows they can make their profit margin in a location there is almost no power or reasonable expense that would prevent them from building there. Likewise, if the reseach shows they cannot make their profit margin, nothing will convince them to build there.

Writing emails to TG to make your desire for a local store known may make you feel better, but it most likely have no influence on whether TG will locate a store here.

I'm just sayin'...

If customer request have no bearing on their decision to consider an area why would they put an option on their website that asks for suggestions for location in the contact us section?
I too tooted the horn of the Villages and stated why I felt it would be a good match in my contact submission. I would love to see them come here. There is planty of room down by 466A to be away from an Aldis.

graciegirl 01-26-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SALYBOW (Post 445631)
If customer request have no bearing on their decision to consider an area why would they put an option on their website that asks for suggestions for location in the contact us section?
I too tooted the horn of the Villages and stated why I felt it would be a good match in my contact submission. I would love to see them come here. There is planty of room down by 466A to be away from an Aldis.

I don't know anything about Trader Joes. Aldi's is little. I thought Trader Joe's was great big and sold non food items too. Is that true?

Cynbod 01-26-2012 07:21 PM

The Trader Joes in Brooklyn is in a former bank, it is not big like a giant grocery store; but it's choice of items is special. The one in Manhattan has a liquor store attached (it may be only wine) but what a crowded store it can be.
I would love to see one in The Viillages. I vote every time I am reminded to do so.