Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Daily Sun's "Fair & Balanced" Reporting (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/daily-suns-fair-balanced-reporting-48124/)

Hancle704 01-28-2012 02:07 PM

Daily Sun's "Fair & Balanced" Reporting

in today's Daily Sun on page A-1 above the fold, Mitt Romney coming to TV Monday for appearance at Square in LSL. Story with pictures on first page continued on page A-3.

Same "news" paper, on page C-1 in 2X3" Column on bottom left side, report that Newt Gingrich coming to TV Sunday, no picture. Reports he will be in parking lot near Barnes and Noble.

This is fair and balanced reporting?

Jim 9922 01-28-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hancle704 (Post 446306)
This is fair and balanced reporting?

It depends on who you are supporting. :boxing2:

janmcn 01-28-2012 02:30 PM

And where do you think it would be announced if President Obama visited TV?

Posh 08 01-28-2012 02:39 PM

Since Newt slapped John King he is going to have a tough time with the press/media.

Hancle704 01-28-2012 02:44 PM

Thought the editor/owner's opinions appear on the Editorial page.

jblum315 01-28-2012 02:46 PM

It has been said many times and worth repeating: The Daily Sun is not a newspaper. It is an advertising vehicle for the developer.

graciegirl 01-28-2012 02:58 PM

If you live here, you must accept on some level that the newspaper reflects the political views of the developer who owns The Daily Sun. That is fine if you agree with those views and not so fine if you don't. Every newspaper I have read has a political slant.

It is what it is.

pooh 01-28-2012 03:04 PM

:agree:
Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 446334)
If you live here, you must accept on some level that the newspaper reflects the political views of the developer who owns The Daily Sun. That is fine if you agree with those views and not so fine if you don't. Every newspaper I have read has a political slant.

It is what it is.

Just about every newspaper is slanted towards one party or another.

Posh 08 01-28-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

It is what it is.

Always has been in a free society and always will be. We hope.

Midge538 01-28-2012 03:12 PM

The Morses donated $500,000.00 to the Romney PAC.

"(A new Super PAC created to support Mitt Romney raised $12.2 million in the first half of the year entirely from high-dollar contributors and spent just over $22,000, according to a report filed with the FEC.)

Renee Morse, who owns the Florida mega-retirement community, The Villages, gave $250,000 and the company matched that amount

BOMBERO 01-28-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

It is what it is.

Hancle704 When you start your paper....you can be as fair and balanced as you want. IMHO

Some time after ducati1974 builds his town square in the correct location.

How the hell did the Morse Family get where they are without input from some people here on TOTV ????

duffysmom 01-28-2012 03:19 PM

I enjoy reading The Sun daily. I have my own political ideas and find it amusing that people believe that their rhetoric can sway my beliefs.:ohdear: I take what I want and leave the rest.

rubicon 01-28-2012 03:27 PM

The 1%

You would expect that the 1% is going to support the 1%. I just explained in another thread wherein Romney's claims of 15% tax as carried interest may be creative accounting because the income in question has to derive from services provided to Bain which Romney left in 1999. so if what he did disclose is questionable then one has a right to question what he did not disclose.

Further an WSJ editorial explained tha the claims by Romney concerning Gingrich's $300,000 fine and resignation were nothing more than an vendetta by democraticv and also used as cover because of Clinton's ethical woes.
Gingrich copped a plea because he did not want further political damage. yet the IRS invesitgation exoneratd him in 1999

Obama is playing class warfare. Romney is the 1% Obama wants people to hate. It doesn't take much to see the collison if Romney is nominated. Further Romney is being pushed by the Establishment. The fight in GOP is among the Establishment, Evangelical Christians and Tea Party. If Romney wins nothing will materially change because the 1% won't let it. The GOP win must be grass roots

This explains in part why people are dissatisifed with the Daily Sun. I am not of the mind that its the Developer's paper and so he can do what he wants. I mean this is America not Russia. this morning on my way home on buena vista a woman in front of me started to turn right to enter a village and stopped to let a cart go ahead. she was halfway through her turn. she almost was rear ended and the horns sounded simultaneously, she meant to be nice but.....Well that's what happens when people want to always say nice things when in fact the truth is what needs to be said. these folks do more harm than good because they reinforce bad behavior. If drivers didn't beep their horns today this driver would have thought this nice gesture was good and who knows the nest time someone is going to rear end her and psuh her car into the cart and driver she is deferring to:spoken:

uujudy 01-28-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janmcn (Post 446321)
And where do you think it would be announced if President Obama visited TV?

Hahaha. He did visit The Villages when he was campaigning. He stopped at a business in Spanish Springs, and The Daily Sun reported it afterward in a little 2 x 3 article.

Bogie Shooter 01-28-2012 03:52 PM

Move this to political.