Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Idea for sitting room (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/idea-sitting-room-48167/)

Happinow 01-29-2012 11:36 AM

Idea for sitting room

Hi everyone. Since I'm challenged when it comes to computers, I have to do this the long way. This is a photo of a sitting room I'm planning on mimicking in my new home. What do you think? Here's the long part....getting you to the photo...bear with me.

go to Google and type in: thevillages4rent

In the middle of the page they have boxes with home names in them. Choose "designer homes"

Go to page 14 and choose rental # 2197. It's the second listing down. It's a Lantana in the Village of Mallory Square

Now go to the photo where they have the sitting area. It has 4 chairs, a fireplace, a black colored rug and a side table.

I thought this was so pretty that I'd like to duplicate it as best I could in my home instead of using it as a dining room.

Did I lose you? Sorry. I didn't know any other way to post.

getdul981 01-29-2012 11:52 AM

This might help.

************.com

Posh 08 01-29-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happinow (Post 446651)
Hi everyone. Since I'm challenged when it comes to computers, I have to do this the long way. This is a photo of a sitting room I'm planning on mimicking in my new home. What do you think? Here's the long part....getting you to the photo...bear with me.

In the middle of the page they have boxes with home names in them. Choose "designer homes"

Go to page 14 and choose rental # 2197. It's the second listing down. It's a Lantana in the Village of Mallory Square

Now go to the photo where they have the sitting area. It has 4 chairs, a fireplace, a black colored rug and a side table.

I thought this was so pretty that I'd like to duplicate it as best I could in my home instead of using it as a dining room.

Found it. Nice look. That whole place has some nice things going on.

Happinow 01-29-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getdul981 (Post 446654)
This might help.

************.com

I knew someone would help me on this one....:bigbow:

Schaumburger 01-29-2012 06:39 PM

Happinow, :coolsmiley: I like it! Have fun decorating your new home. :wave:

Happinow 01-29-2012 06:52 PM

Happi decorating

Thank you. In a woman's world decorating is very fun! I'm gonna take my time a pick out the perfect pieces for my home. I can't wait to see other homes in TV that you all have decorated. I've had the opportunity to buy furniture for one room at a time but never an entire house. I just want to do it right and not have a mish mosh of "stuff". I'm not exactly talented in that area. I'm sure it will take months to complete.

Bill-n-Brillo 01-29-2012 08:44 PM

Happinow, what model home are you going to build?

Bill :)

Happinow 01-29-2012 08:50 PM

We are leaning towards the gardenia but will re tour a few to be sure.

pooh 01-29-2012 10:24 PM

The house shown is a Lantana and a couple of my friends have done the same in their Lantanas...made that dining room area a sitting room.....both look great.

Don't worry too much about decorating, your home will be lovely, and not because of the furniture, but because of the people who will live there... ;)

Mike and I are in the process of trying to pick out new flooring for our three bedrooms and my neighbors, friends, have been so sweet, letting me walk through their homes, check on their flooring choices, sharing how much they paid, who did the work, etc. Each home was decorated so differently, and all were so lovely!!! Of course I know I have the nicest neighbors in the world... ;)

Enjoy, it's going to be fun, fun, fun!

Happinow 01-29-2012 10:58 PM

You are right pooh. A home isnt because of the furniture, it's the hearts that are in it. Thanks for the reminder of what makes a house a home and the encouragement.

Lynn222 01-29-2012 11:08 PM

What is the stuff in the pool?

Bettiboop 01-29-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn222 (Post 446847)
What is the stuff in the pool?

Looks like those floating solar rings that are supposed to generate heat which in turn are supposed to help heat the water to some degree. Of the people we know who have tried them, none were impressed.

Bettiboop 01-29-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happinow (Post 446651)

I like it! That is very good use of that space if you don't want dining room.

jimmemac 01-30-2012 12:00 AM

Here is the picture

Carmpat 01-30-2012 03:02 PM

My friend lives in The Village of Tamarind Grove and she told me that so many people bring all their furniture and belongings with them. Is is true in The Villages you can have a garage sale? I have a feeling that is going to happen to us. Thanks

Patti