Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Expert about The Villages Florida Real Estate (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/ask-expert-about-villages-florida-real-estate-300/)
-   -   Ask The Expert (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/ask-expert-about-villages-florida-real-estate-300/ask-expert-48223/)

TOTV Team 01-30-2012 04:29 PM

Ask The Expert

When a question is asked in one of the 'Ask an Expert' forums a question such as this one (The Villages Florida Real Estate), the Legal or the golf cart ones, only the expert should reply. If you want the general community to give opinions then please post in the general forums. Do you have a real estate question to ask a local Village Realtor? Ask April Couturier for expert advice.
Only the "Expert" should reply in this forum. All other posts will be deleted.
Please don't reply in the expert section unless you have been enlisted as an expert to respond in those particular 'Ask an Expert' sections. Thank you in advance.

Admin

vtocci 02-11-2013 11:34 AM

Where to advertise our house for sale by owner

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 447072)
When a question is asked in one of the 'Ask an Expert' forums a question such as this one (The Villages Florida Real Estate), the Legal or the golf cart ones, only the expert should reply. If you want the general community to give opinions then please post in the general forums. Please don't reply in the expert section unless you have been enlisted as an expert to respond in those particular 'Ask an Expert' sections. Thank you in advance.

Admin

Hi!
We are selling our home in The Villages and was wondering if you had some suggestions on where we should advertise our house for sale by owner for the best response? I advertised here on Talk of the Villages and just wanted to know if there was somewhere else we should advertise.

Thank You!
Vita (& Frank)

Moderator 02-11-2013 11:59 AM

There is a Real Estate for Sale Forum. Put your house in there.

Please repost if you cannot find it.

larmar3333@att.net 05-26-2013 09:00 PM

Hi,
We are looking to rent a home in the Villages in March 2014. So far we have had no success. What do you suggest?

Thanks,
Maggie

Ricksteer 08-25-2013 08:42 AM

Renting a storefront in Brownwood

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 447072)
When a question is asked in one of the 'Ask an Expert' forums a question such as this one (The Villages Florida Real Estate), the Legal or the golf cart ones, only the expert should reply. If you want the general community to give opinions then please post in the general forums. Please don't reply in the expert section unless you have been enlisted as an expert to respond in those particular 'Ask an Expert' sections. Thank you in advance.

Admin

Who do you contact to get the rental prices for a storefront in Brownwood? Are these Buisnesses only for The Board to vote or can anyone apply for a storefront say for a ice cream shop or candy store? .Where is this information ?Thanks Looking for a future Retierment hobby and having a house in Gilchrist Brownwood would be ideal location.

tophcfa 03-08-2015 09:36 PM

My wife and I are looking to buy a manufactured home in the Historic District and see lots of 2 bed/2 bath homes in our price range that seem to have a reasonable size back yard based on listing pictures. However, we want to be able to add a 10 x 20 foot lanai enclosing a 8 x 16 foot swim spa for our fitness needs and are wondering what the zoning/set back restrictions are? We want to be sure we don't buy a home and subsequently find out we can't live our retirement dream! Advice helping to insure this won't happen will be greatly appreciated.

tophcfa 03-14-2015 09:03 AM

Property line set back requirements

Please help, need to know answers before buying. Thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1025663)
My wife and I are looking to buy a manufactured home in the Historic District and see lots of 2 bed/2 bath homes in our price range that seem to have a reasonable size back yard based on listing pictures. However, we want to be able to add a 10 x 20 foot lanai enclosing a 8 x 16 foot swim spa for our fitness needs and are wondering what the zoning/set back restrictions are? We want to be sure we don't buy a home and subsequently find out we can't live our retirement dream! Advice helping to insure this won't happen will be greatly appreciated.

JoelJohnson 08-24-2018 05:20 PM

I live in the historic section, in my deed it says something like the Villages has the right first refusal. Am I mistaken, is it enforced?

Laker 01-25-2019 10:39 AM

1031 Exchange

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOTV Team (Post 447072)

Admin

I am selling a property and looking to possibly buy properties in TV as rentals, as part of a 1031 Exchange. Anyone have experience in TV with 1031"s?