Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Jon Stewart The Daily Show (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/jon-stewart-daily-show-48290/)

jane032657 02-01-2012 09:51 AM

Jon Stewart The Daily Show

Check out The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - Political Comedy - Fake News | Comedy Central Jon Stewart show. Get through the ads and then watch the first ten minutes of yesterday Jan 31st show, there is a segment he does on Romney in The Villages. My son told me about it so I just watched it.

graciegirl 02-01-2012 10:18 AM

"Death adjacent"???? "Will everyone in the crowd at The Villages press their life alert button at the same time"???? That ain't funny!

Kids.. :(

skyguy79 02-01-2012 10:20 AM

Must have missed the Romney part! I got so board with the video that I nearly fell asleep before the first (or is it the second) commercial.

brostholder 02-01-2012 11:15 AM

He made fun of Gingrich, he made fun of Romney, he made fun of Pres. Obama, and he made fun of us. That's his job.

Figmo Bohica 02-01-2012 05:30 PM

Reports more interesting news than any of the major or cable news networks and besides he funny to wach.

cappyjon431 02-01-2012 05:41 PM

Sorry, but I thought it was hilarious. Maybe I have a demented sense of humor, but I believe that if we can't laught at ourselves, we can't laugh at anyone else. He's a comedian and he made me laugh, so he earned his paycheck.

bigalibaba 02-01-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 447681)
"Death adjacent"???? "Will everyone in the crowd at The Villages press their life alert button at the same time"???? That ain't funny!

Kids.. :(

Perhaps you aren't aware that The Daily Show airs on "Comedy Central". Find the humor in it.

jane032657 02-01-2012 05:47 PM

I thought it was funny too. All of it. I love political satire no matter what party it is. And TV is funny because it is so unique, we are ripe for comedians. I even laugh when I tell people about it because it is so special no one believes me who has not been there. And it was true about the parking....

graciegirl 02-01-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigalibaba (Post 447881)
Perhaps you aren't aware that The Daily Show airs on "Comedy Central". Find the humor in it.

I WAS aware it was Comedy Central.

It may be a gender difference in what we think is funny.

I don't like for anybody not to see that Seniors are the same as anybody else...only smarter.

How many years you got left, bub???

Death adjacent, my fanny!

Graytop 02-01-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 447889)

I don't like for anybody not to see that Seniors are the same as anybody else...only smarter.

:bigbow: I've always admired a girl that stands up for herself!:)

cappyjon431 02-01-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 447889)

The funny thing is, we are all "death adjacent," no matter what our age. Death follows life, there is no getting around it.

MrMark 02-01-2012 06:04 PM

Wow! Time to lighten up!

graciegirl 02-01-2012 06:23 PM

I wasn't so ouchy when I was in my fifties Cappy. ;).

Funny how time changes things.

kentucky blue 02-01-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMark (Post 447892)
Wow! Time to lighten up!

I have to agree with you.Somebody once said "Dying is easy,comedy is difficult."Some humor on the subject,Jon Stewart would be proud........"I want to die like my father,peacefully in his sleep,not screaming and terrified like his passengers."Got to go , i have to fill out my immigration applications:)

uujudy 02-01-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentucky blue (Post 447908)
..."I want to die like my father,peacefully in his sleep,not screaming and terrified like his passengers.". . .:)

:clap2::1rotfl::clap2: